Ultimate 80's Memories Thread - Part 2 - The 80s Strikes Back

220px-Wisdomposter1986.jpg

80's were great. Rmember actual "Stereo Stores" where you would buy high end stereos? I had a huge rack system that cranked. Speakers were 4ft high. Used to crank Led Zep, Van Halen, Guns and Roses, Run Dmc....

^ I actually had one of those. And a Skaters Cut too. Ugh.. But Skaters cuts were more 90's. Then they morphed into the now infamous scene hairstyle.

73512ac2-9bc2-4c63-b209-780c97cb957f

80's were great. Rmember actual "Stereo Stores" where you would buy high end stereos? I had a huge rack system that cranked. Speakers were 4ft high. Used to crank Led Zep, Van Halen, Guns and Roses, Run Dmc....

Yes sir...

Video Stores were SOOOOOO much better when they rented out VHS. When it turned to DVD/BD, it was no longer fun or interesting. I used to be SOOOO excited to go to the Video Store back when it was VHS.

video-store-80s.jpg

How come box art for DVDs/BDs is absolute shit compared to VHS box art? And why didn't DVD/BD box art carry over the awesome VHS art? They changed most things to generic crap.

Space Camp in the 80s! Couldn't get any better as a kid.

firstSpaceCampClassPicJune1982.jpg

Video Stores were SOOOOOO much better when they rented out VHS. When it turned to DVD/BD, it was no longer fun or interesting. I used to be SOOOO excited to go to the Video Store back when it was VHS.

video-store-80s.jpg

How come box art for DVDs/BDs is absolute shit compared to VHS box art? And why didn't DVD/BD box art carry over the awesome VHS art? They changed most things to generic crap.

I agree.

As a kid I had soi much fun looking at the box art (andd the pictures in the back) of all those B horror movies.

Movies like evil dead, braindead, all the slashers, etc.

I agree.

As a kid I had soi much fun looking at the box art (andd the pictures in the back) of all those B horror movies.

Movies like evil dead, braindead, all the slashers, etc.

I used to just wander the aisles of this massive video store just looking at box art trying to pick a movie. It was awesome. When they closed, it broke my heart. :icon_sad:

Kathy Smith or Denise Austin in their prime?

Talk about a morning "Work out." Wheeew. :)

Last edited:
^ I actually had one of those. And a Skaters Cut too. Ugh.. But Skaters cuts were more 90's. Then they morphed into the now infamous scene hairstyle.

73512ac2-9bc2-4c63-b209-780c97cb957f

Dude, this looks like a lighter, less weird version of middle school me! Yes, I said less Weird looking...

This girl will forever be my favorite. Just GD!
9f291c86986ae2d43553e8915389455d.jpg

Dude, this looks like a lighter, less weird version of middle school me! Yes, I said less Weird looking...

This girl will forever be my favorite. Just GD!
9f291c86986ae2d43553e8915389455d.jpg

You ever seen Private School? Good movie!

Back