Ultimate 80's Memories Thread - Part 2 - The 80s Strikes Back

08752.jpg

Got to love the bra spinning around the post, lol.

You can tell the guys designing the Meatballs 4 poster really phoned it in.

You can tell the guys designing the Meatballs 4 poster really phoned it in.

That's how it seems in general nowadays, although to varying degrees. Meatballs 4 poster is horrid. But they haven't been making amazing movie posters consistently since the 80s. Every once in a while nowadays you'll get some good ones. But in the 80s it seemed like every movie poster was amazing.

Looks interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBarnmovie

29fb00978ed6da842879d12897fa2c12.jpg

and HOLY SHIT check out all the promotion shit they made for it on this page, I can't tell if all of this is real or not, but I've seen comments of people saying they received the soundtrack and action figures already, so I think it's all legit... and fucking amazing.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-barn-feature-film-finishing-funds#/

the dvd (if someone can find the release date or how to buy it, let me know)

j3v7ovvlx7guglpsg4e1.jpg

the soundtrack on CASSETTE

lqo1dbzgpz6gwmeva5j7.jpg

big box VHS

nend1uegqxy58leoyui1.jpg

'The Barn Video Game' by Synersteel on a retro NES cartridge storage unit with USB cable hook-up to PC for easy game play

w8niaailjrpjj5iof4el.jpg

action figures

p8twi7kzrkumyj6hd4qo.jpg

board game

the%2Bbarn%2Bboard%2Bgame%2B1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks interesting.

board game

the%2Bbarn%2Bboard%2Bgame%2B1.jpg

As much as I love the 80s, which I do, I am finding myself for the most part hating shit from now trying to be like the 80s.
Synthwave is good, and It Follows were good. But shit like this movie and Stranger Things are just fucking horrible. I guess there is trying to capture the essence of the 80s and just trying to make something cobbled from a bunch of 80s shit.

As much as I love the 80s, which I do, I am finding myself for the most part hating shit from now trying to be like the 80s.
Synthwave is good, and It Follows were good. But shit like this movie and Stranger Things are just fucking horrible. I guess there is trying to capture the essence of the 80s and just trying to make something cobbled from a bunch of 80s shit.

Sacrilege to call it "80s shit." lol.

But I know what you mean. Most movies made nowadays that try to pretend like they're 80s movies fail miserably and look/feel/sound nothing like an actual 80s movie. I'm not a big fan of that. To me, the biggest telltale sign are the actors. Most of the time, regardless of what they're wearing, they just don't look or come across like someone from the 80s. Case in point, watch any 80s teen movie..... they've never been able to recreate that same look. The actors always look modern.

Sacrilege to call it "80s shit." lol.

But I know what you mean. Most movies made nowadays that try to pretend like they're 80s movies fail miserably and look/feel/sound nothing like an actual 80s movie. I'm not a big fan of that. To me, the biggest telltale sign are the actors. Most of the time, regardless of what they're wearing, they just don't look or come across like someone from the 80s. Case in point, watch any 80s teen movie..... they've never been able to recreate that same look. The actors always look modern.

another thing they do (at least in stranger things) is they use modern filtering and editing, and listening to those kids talk it is nothing like they 80s was

Paradise. Shit I might pull that lineup for the next 3 days on tv after work.
The 80s rocked...

Nice. Gonna be a good weekend.

I think for my next days off I'm gonna do a double feature of Conan the Destroyer and Temple of Doom. Gonna be epic!

Nice. Gonna be a good weekend.

I think for my next days off I'm gonna do a double feature of Conan the Destroyer and Temple of Doom. Gonna be epic!
Indiana Jones is one of my favorite franchise of all time. Conan and Indy will be a nice mix, high fantasy and advendure. Some of the original conan stories where quite good (books).

I might give VanDamme a shot tonight. Bloodsport or Double Impact.

Kids today will never know what it was like to have a brand new channel just play music videos. Before it became a reality show network we had crazy VJs, Michael Jackson masterpieces, synth pop weirdness, Glam Metal, Headbangers ball on Saturday nights. Later we had Yo MTV Raps. If you were an 80s kid especial mid eighties, it was always on. Music was just more important then....you wanted the b sides, the album liner notes, to see the videos. MTV Unplugged was amazing. The 80s had a soundtrack, then the 90s did. What does today have? Drake? Dabbing? Teen mom? Kardassian bs?

Kids today will never know what it was like to have a brand new channel just play music videos. Before it became a reality show network we had crazy VJs, Michael Jackson masterpieces, synth pop weirdness, Glam Metal, Headbangers ball on Saturday nights. Later we had Yo MTV Raps. If you were an 80s kid especial mid eighties, it was always on. Music was just more important then....you wanted the b sides, the album liner notes, to see the videos. MTV Unplugged was amazing. The 80s had a soundtrack, then the 90s did. What does today have? Drake? Dabbing? Teen mom? Kardassian bs?

I still watch them on YouTube.

0000850889.jpg

Back