UK: the biggest threat to a young black male is indeed a young black male

Grunk

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Title says it all - Young black and ethnic teenage boys 'disproportionately' affected as both victims and perpetrators in London.

Knife crime in the UK is taking a toll onyoung black men, who are disproportionately being stabbed and killed in the capital, official statistics show.

According to police figures, knife crime rose by more than a fifth in the UK last year, with a third of the recorded 37,443 offences involving a knife or sharp instrument taking place in London.

Black and minority ethnic teenage boys and men were disproportionately affected, as both victims and perpetrators, the city mayor's office revealed.

"I recognise that there is a disproportionate number of young black males that are getting stabbed and unfortunately being killed," Nicholas Davies, London police chief superintendent, told Al Jazeera.

"The gangs don't necessarily follow racial groups, some can be very multicultural, but as a rule we're finding the biggest threat to a young black male is indeed a young black male."

In November, 17-year-old Michael Jonas was stabbed to death in a south London park.

Four months on, the police appeal for information.

Jonas' grieving father told Al Jazeera that "people are being tight-lipped" for fear of being labelled an informant.

"We are facing a barrier, which is people thinking to themselves that if they open their mouth and say something, they are going to be labelled as as an informant or snitch," he said.

Meanwhile, community leaders have pointed to funding drying up for community centres and other social support structures.

"No investments for the young people, community centres being closed down, no support - it affects their mental health, depression, anxiety stress," Lorraine Jones, a community activist, said.

Last year, budget cuts affected public services such as schools, police forces and local councils across the UK.

Al Jazeera's Barnaby Phillips, reporting from London, said: "The mayor, Sadiq Khan, is not responsible for those cuts, but as a high-profile politician in the capital, he is feeling the political heat of the knife crime crisis".

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/02/london-sees-rise-knife-crimes-180224152346205.html

Riveting tale chap. You're really journeying into unventured territory here with this revelation.

Here in the UK we don't have race issues.

Black, white, brown.. whatever people get along.

We have class issues instead.

The story is about the UK.
Thats what we have too, though. We just call them race issues because it scores points politically.

We actually have the same thing in North America, some people just refuse to see it.

Just like everywhere. They try too hard to be Americans.

oh no it's almost like shitty thug culture is responsible for shitty thugs and not guns.

We actually have the same thing in North America, some people just refuse to see it.
You guys are both wrong. In America not only are we classed by wealth, but we are classed by race. It's the same for all Western Countries. Canada, U.K. Australia, etc. Most parts of the World too.

You guys are both wrong. In America not only are we classed by wealth, but we are classed by race. It's the same for all Western Countries. Canada, U.K. Australia, etc. Most parts of the World too.
Not in the uk.

Ban knives.

Wait they kinda are.

Ban something!

Ban black people?

I get anxious if someone doesn't start a daily black people are bad thread here at Sherfront

The UK is very different to the US.

Coulda swore I said something lile this in that damn black panther thread.

Crab in the bucket mentality.

Be a black kid that enjoyed Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses, anime and comicbooks during the 80's and 90's... You'd be sheriff david clarke too. Hell.

I was in Nutfield Priory 2 years ago. Visited London and had lunch on the Thames.

th

Stayed here. Awesome experience.

Riveting tale chap. You're really journeying into unventured territory here with this revelation.

So... you're just conceding the territory?

'Oh yeah, blacks are violent, duh. Stop boring me.'

<{vega}>

Coulda swore I said something lile this in that damn black panther thread.

Crab in the bucket mentality.

Be a black kid that enjoyed Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses, anime and comicbooks during the 80's and 90's... You'd be sheriff david clarke too. Hell.
I used to work with this one black dude. He was a frigging giant, played a couple of seasons in the cfl, terrifying looking jacked, scarred up dude. Friendly as fuck. Used to roll up in his stove white dodge neon just belting out bon Jovi tunes at the top of his lungs.

Bon Jovi done in baritone is something you truly need to witness.

Back