Uh oh, the myth of "short notice Mendes" finally DEBUNKED

Conor will full preparation for Chad would have destroyed him easily

We all saw what Conor did to full camp Nate's face.
We also saw what no camp Nate did to full camp Conor.

UFC 189 occurred July 11, 2015

https://www.mmamania.com/2015/6/28/...-paid-to-serve-as-jose-aldos-back-up-plan-mma

That /\ is from June 26 2015

UFC 189: Chad Mendes getting paid to serve as Jose Aldo's back up plan vs. Conor McGregor

Regardless if he steps into the cage to face "Notorious" on July 11, 2015 or not.

Here is another article about the same saying the same, from June 24, 2015. And that's only as early as it was "known" to the public.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/6/...face-conor-mcgregor-at-ufc-189-chad-mendes-on

You had tweets from even before that from Edgar saying he was disappointed he wasn't the back up plan (ironic considering that Edgar has now gone on to decline 2 fights offers against Conor. Look who the real quack quack ended up being)

Point is, Mendes ALWAYS KNEW he was going to be the back up plan for Conor's UFC 189. Mendes did have time to have a full camp. If he didn't, then that's on him for terrible preparation. Not even Conor knew Mendes WAS being paid to be the stand by fighter for UFC 189

It was Conor who then had to switch from Aldo to a wrestler In Mendes. It was Conor who only had a few week camp FOR Mendes, while Mendes WAS being paid to be the back up plan well in advance and so he did have the time to have a full camp for Conor. It was Conor who also fought with a severe knee injury.

I like all the false "narratives" that have since been created, when It was Conor who was at every disadvantage possible against Mendes

Conor still wiped Mendes out in under 2 rounds

No excuses for Mendes. The only one who had any legitimate reasons for any kind of excuses was Conor. Conor at his worst still dominated (on the feet) and wiped out the best Mendes in under 2 rounds (after overcoming adversity on the ground "bu but Conor drowns in deep waters vs wrestlers derp derp" )

Hopefully this finally puts a stop to any troll who claims that Mendes "got off the couch"...Theres concrete proof right there in the links I posted that Mendes WAS being paid to be the stand by fighter in advance of Conor's UFC 189 regardless if Mendes did end up fighting or not. It was Conor who only had a couple week camp for Mendes. Next time you see anyone start to spew that non sense, just post the links in response

The thing about this is even if he did or didn't know, we have to remember conor took the fight on short notice as well. That alone tells me it doesn't matter. I know mendes wasn't in "top shape" but he had more time to strategically prepare for both guys.

Also, I suggest the UFC keep these top fights insured by having either multiple same weight class fighters on one card to match the main and co main. Or, like in this scenario, pay a fighter to stay in shape. That's a good insurance policy because fights get cancelled all the time..

tumblr_inline_mvxp7fT9Ic1rr9mpo.gif

Back