UFN 133 Dos Santos vs Ivanov July 14

Some guys can have all the physical gifts but aren't fighters. Sage isn't a fighter - he's a mental midget/poor fight IQ whatever you want to call it. He may win on athleticism alone but not a guy I want money on. Is Ottow the guy to make him fold? Maybe, maybe not but I know who has the mental toughness of the 2 at least

Sage looked atrocious against Gouti...wow.

Sage/Ottow is going to end up as a pass for me -- minimal faith in either fighter, total crapshoot.

L
Sage isn't a fighter - he's a mental midget/poor fight IQ
Can't fix these with protein shakes. They ain't gonna improve and will keep him at this level

Y'all realize Ottow didnt attempt a takedown in his last 2, went 2/3 against Kuni, went 0/1 against Moraes and before that went 0/2 against late 2016 Burkman? I realize Ottows last 2 werent that long though. How do you feel about Ottow standing with Northcut over 15 minutes?

Y'all realize Ottow didnt attempt a takedown in his last 2, went 2/3 against Kuni, went 0/1 against Moraes and before that went 0/2 against late 2016 Burkman? I realize Ottows last 2 werent that long though. How do you feel about Ottow standing with Northcut over 15 minutes?

why the hell would ottow want to takedown kuni when he had a clear striking advantage? i can't envision him deciding to hang at range with sage, that would make no sense.

Odds aside, I lean towards Ottow winning anyway so at a -110 and -110 pick 'em I would choose Zak with a gun to my head. Give me +130 on the well rounded career welterweight against the lightweight flashy striker who hasn't knocked out anyone at 170 pounds in the UFC and who doesn't look great off of his back and that's a few unit bet for me.
I choose Ottow without having a gun in my face ;)

Sage is chinny, Mickey dropped him and Gouti hurt him multiple times. I woudlnt be surprised if Zak knocked him out

I hit Junior Dos Santos at -170 vs Blagoy Ivanov in the main event of the Boise card this Saturday. Ivanov is tough but mostly a boxer in practice despite his combat sambo background. If JDS is not completely past it I think he can box up the tough Bulgarian like he did with Ben Rothwell a couple of fights ago.

Here are my picks!!!!!!!!!!
Esquibel-Dec
De la rosa-Sub2
Maia-Dec
Holobaugh-Sub2
Nurmagdemov-Dec
Elkins-Dec
Perez-Dec
Reneau-Sub2
Jury-KO2
Price-KO2
Glenn-Dec
Ottow-Dec
Ivanov-Dec

I think Elkins luck runs out against Volkanowski
Tbh Volkanovski has yet to really be tested by a high-level wrestler, and Elkins knows his shit in that area. I'll probably put a small play on Elkins decision if he's like +200 or better.

I agree with that assessment of Volkan. He's been able to bully guys but he's still only got Australian wrestling and that won't cut it v Elkins

I agree with that assessment of Volkan. He's been able to bully guys but he's still only got Australian wrestling and that won't cut it v Elkins
I'm not saying he's gonna get done by Elkins, but I've seen enough 'good ANZ/English wrestleboxer comes up against a guy from a legit American camp/with College wrestling experience and their game falls apart' match-ups to be wary of hitting Volkanovski here. Sterling over Johns was my biggest play this year, and it was on the same logic. Volk's clearly a fun talent, and my current favorite Aussie prospect, but Elkins has a bunch of serious scalps in the out-grinded field. He beat Bermudez and Skelly in grindfests, and I'm not sure how well Volkanovski's game functions going backwards.

Whitaker Got also this australian wrestling and it works well

How can Volkanovski lose? I don't see Elkins beating him unless he pulls off some hail mary sub.

How can Volkanovski lose? I don't see Elkins beating him unless he pulls off some hail mary sub.
By losing wrestling exchanges that he initiates, ending up on bottom and getting worked with volume? Say what you want about Bermudez' carerr, but he was a freestyle D1 all-American and a top 20 D1 folkstyler, and lost wrestling exchanges with Elkins.

Also Elkins training at TAM is a confidence boost there, IMO.

@Wiktoruspro
Whittaker largely counter-wrestles, and this is like saying GSP means all Canadians have world-class wrestling.

man his last fight against gouti was terrible and he clearly got a hometown decision. if ottow replicates a similar gameplan to gouti (who is not a grappler) he should win.

sage only good when you give him space to operate like quinonez did. also, sage's father gives some really terrible corner advice.
you imagine if sage was cornering someone. May be worse than dad
gutti not a wrestler but was v northcut. And it's not like he couldn't hurt sage standing either. I'm interested in if he wrestles for my dk team

His last fight against Gouti he was with TAM and he lost that fight IMO. Still I think at his age he could make massive improvements in between fights from being at a good camp and I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out looking much better this time.

Still I can't place a bet hoping that he improved, I'm gonna need more than that.
I think sage will be looking better in the gym all the time. As someone say just not a fighter/mental midget/ low iq so will never put it together in the cage.

Back