UFN 133 Dos Santos vs Ivanov July 14

Is this the fight randy “I’ll poke your eye out” Brown gets a point taken?

I sure would t be comfortable buying him at -135 from what I’ve seen so far

Call me crazy, but .... for some reason, I actually believe that Mendes got popped as a result of his Psoriasis cream.

In the limited recent pictures I've seen of him, hes still a tank.

It’s not like he’s been in the testing pool for the last three years

It’s not like he’s been in the testing pool for the last three years

What do you mean? You don't get tested while being out on suspension?

Are you implying he could be juiced?
As if that would be a bad thing for Mendes backers?

Please elaborate.

What do you mean? You don't get tested while being out on suspension?

Are you implying he could be juiced?
As if that would be a bad thing for Mendes backers?

Please elaborate.

I’m not quite sure how the testing works during suspensions

According to Sherdoggers, it appears you are tested at least once a month before the suspension ends.

I would think bare minimum he’s been in the testing pool for 6 months

Thoughts after watching brown vs gall:

Brown took gall down in rd 1. That’s low fight iq anyway you slice it. Clear advantage standing and clear ground discrepancy.

Gall not nearly as good off his back. Doesn’t try to get up. Doesn’t work much with his legs or use butterfly guard. Was tired in rd3 and couldn’t get anything going.

Brown did have some gnp success on top but got absolutely tooled from his back after he got swept in rd 2. He got briefly crucifixed and was mounted for a second but managed to quickly slip out underneath gall.

There’s no reason to think niko can’t take him down. He’s the stronger guy and his sub game is very aggressive. The takedown won’t come easy but I think he can get him there

He should also look to exploit Browns habit of circling left when he jabs

Both of them got handled pretty easily when they stepped up in competition against Muhammed and luque. Neither of them had an answer for leg kicks and niko was taken completely out of his game by them

So far I’m pretty comfortable playing niko at plus odds. I’d cap the fight at evens or niko being a very slight favorite

Last edited:
wasn't Maia like the greatest WFLW in the world at one point?
That's because elite WFLW fighters were in UFC WBW division at that point.

Carmouche's main problem is bad fighting plan, but she doesn't need a gameplan against Maia. Just be herself and bring out the pressure to glue on Maia, she should be able to get victory via UD.

Brown took gall down in rd 1. That’s low fight iq anyway you slice it. Clear 9advantage standing and clear ground discrepancy.

Gall not nearly as good off his back. Doesn’t try to get up. Doesn’t work much with his legs or use butterfly guard. Was tired in rd3 and couldn’t get anything going.

Brown did have some gnp success on top but got absolutely tooled from his back after he got swept in rd 2. He got briefly crucifixed and was mounted for a second but managed to quickly slip out underneath gall.

There’s no reason to think niko can’t take him down. He’s the stronger guy and his sub game is very aggressive. The takedown won’t come easy but I think he can get him there

Both of them got handled pretty easily when they stepped up in competition against Muhammed and luque. Neither of them had an answer for leg kicks and niko was taken completely out of his game by them

So far I’m pretty comfortable playing niko at plus odds. I’d cap the fight at evens or niko being a very slight favorite

I'm assuming you watched Niko's last fight against George Sullivan? That was some LOW level mma.

I think Brown is a bit better everywhere, but I agree that if Niko gets on top, he can put Brown in some dicey spots. I just don't think its going to be that easy for Niko to secure takedowns.

blagoy

-had ufc offer a year ago, but then a 2nd one and took this one very quick
-happy to fight former ufc champ and his brand and top guy will be good for him
-ufc asked if he wanted jds fight and said yes
-will be a tough fight, will not go 5 rounds someone will get knocked out.
-not sure how the lay off will effect jds, expects he will be a good athlete still
-working in las vegas and aka gym also, worked there 2012 and went there to prepare for each fight
at aka also. Also done most of his work with dc, cain and aka guys.
-got some good tatics from cain
-very happy with dc win and did fantastic job and feels boosted
-his wrestling coach and friend will be in his corner
-says jds needs a win, but its hw so one punch can change anything
-I will try to finish jds but never know....
-expects jds to not be the same due to his ko losses, think he has to make chances but didnt
-wants to be closer to title shot since werdum unable to fight

jds

-misses the ufc media obligations, feels nice to be back again
-not a good year for him due to usada issue but carried on training and was expecting
to keep positive and fight soon.
-did not know about biagoy, knows hes a great champ and some ATT guys he trains with has fought
with biagoy also. Suggest he likes to stand and bang also.
-feels like its his ufc debut but wont underestimate his opponent, he watches tape and opponent and
his weakness and strengths with his coaches.
-whole camp at ATT, got his Brazilian boxing coach over to train and syed, is a southpaw and solid ji jitsu and worked with few others too.
-had to watch diet to focus on getting stronger and 100%, has a nutritionist to stay in good shape
-his ji jitsu coach, syed and also rubens and his striking coach will corner him
-wants 1 more win after this fight to get hw title shot

I'm pretty certain Myles Jury is going to win decisively. He's back with Alliance isn't he? Yeah, after this fight people will be high on Jury because of his strong performance. Like, montage level performance where Joe Rogan says something along the lines of "he made easy work of chad mendes who went punch for punch with some of the best fighters of all-time"

Post-USADA fighters are a huge question mark. For example, I would've max bet pre-usada renan barao against just about anyone but now I can't trust him against mid-tier competition. I don't trust chadworth

I can understand "not trusting" Chad post USADA. That's not crazy.

But it is a HUGE leap to go from that to being "pretty certain" that he'll lose, and even further yet to think Jury will put on some sort of epic performance in this one.

I think you are making wild leaps honestly. Barao was post USADA sure. He also took BRUTAL beatings from TJ twice. Prolonged beatdown that alter careers. Mendes has had 3 years off and never suffered beatings like that (neither the Conor nor Frankie stoppage were even close to what TJ did to Renan).

Honestly, I think plain and simple rust is at least as much a concern (probably more) for Mendes than USADA.

Took Price at even money, took Scoggins +130(was waiting for a better number but I decided to just add later), Barcelos at +155, Elkins +270(again was waiting but will add). Still waiting on Northcut and I bet Reneau at -115 but I'm not sure that was smart. Already took Mendes, JDS and Perez. Kinda mad Mendes at -150 now since bet him -170

Guys don’t forget to put Carmouche/Maia and esquibel/aquilar to go dec in parlays. Put them with Mighty Mouse and it’s a nice -124

Brown took gall down in rd 1. That’s low fight iq anyway you slice it. Clear advantage standing and clear ground discrepancy.

Interesting, please bet enough to get Brown back to evens for me!

Took Price at even money, took Scoggins +130(was waiting for a better number but I decided to just add later), Barcelos at +155, Elkins +270(again was waiting but will add). Still waiting on Northcut and I bet Reneau at -115 but I'm not sure that was smart. Already took Mendes, JDS and Perez. Kinda mad Mendes at -150 now since bet him -170

Curious - how do you see Price beating Brown?

Excuse me but isnt Brown the guy that lost a round to Mickey Gall and was on his way to losing against...Erick Montano? I agree that this guy is def a very low IQ individual as well and I think Price is not a guy to get stupid with. Also I think Brown quits first under equal pressures.

People wanna ask what does Price do well? It's as if they thought Brown did something well.

EDIT: I see Price finishing Brown prob SUB but a KO wouldnt surprise me.

Last edited:
Excuse me but isnt Brown the guy that lost a round to Mickey Gall and was on his way to losing against...Erick Montano? I agree that this guy is def a very low IQ individual as well and I think Price is not a guy to get stupid with. Also I think Brown quits first under equal pressures.

People wanna ask what does Price do well? It's as if they thought Brown did something well.

EDIT: I see Price finishing Brown prob SUB but a KO wouldnt surprise me.

Maybe. I think Brown is the better striker and wrestler, and competent enough to win the grappling exchanges from top position.

I think Price could give Brown trouble if he lands on top of him.

Mickey Gall vs George Sullivan just announced for 8/25 in Nebraska.

I think Gall wipes the floor with Sullivan, who is in my opinion, among the worst fighters on the current UFC roster.

Brown is tempting on paper stylistically and skill vs. skill, but I think the combined ko and sub threat will fuck up his game. Brown is hittable and he’s prone to overcommit, make mistakes and gas. Price is good at taking advantage. I have half unit on Price.

Back