UFN 130 - Thompson vs Till - Liverpool

The WBC has built in rehyrdration clauses where you cannot be more than 10% heavier than the weightclass limit the morning of the fight. I am not sure if that is for all of their sanctioned fights or just title fights, but rehydration clauses are somewhat commonplace in boxing.

i believe the ibf and wbc rehydration clauses are only for title fights

and i cant remember of a fight where a boxer agreed to a seperate rehydration clause...perhaps you can think of one

Till should move up to 185 after this fight. It’s going to be his longterm class and he will be tough to beat with better cardio

So anyone changing their mind on main event? I'm still staying with WB, hope Till doesn't look like Nganou

188lbs at 1pm? Isnt the fight at like 10pm? He'll still be 195 pounds in the octagon. That's probably pretty close to his normal weight.

I have a hard time seeing Till have much success after rd 2 judging by how tough the weight cut looks. If I was betting Till I might think about allotting some to the u3.5 or Till rds 1/2. Wonderboy is pretty cerebral and will also most likely have figured out Till's formula for cutting off the cage by rd 3 s well, even if Till has more gas in his tank than we think. It's also another reason I like Wonderboy's rd 4/5 props.

That said, one thing about Wonderboy is that when he gets hit solidly (happened vs both Woodley and Ellenberger) it's often as he's switching stances early in the fight between orthodox and southpaw. For whatever reason, guys seem to be able to time it pretty well early and tag him when he does it. He seems to do it more smoothly and manage the distance better (do it at a safer range) as the fight goes on but early on he may be vulnerable to getting clipped while doing it.

Is the 1pm Liverpool time or east time?

Till will probably come out fast and get counter KO'ed in the first 30 seconds.

Till will probably come out fast and get counter KO'ed in the first 30 seconds.

Another reason why if you like Till the u3.5 at a better price (now anyway that Till $ has come in) makes more sense to me. Covers Till's most likely path to victory, covers the scenario you laid out, and covers Till gassing after 2 rds and being stopped in the 3rd or early 4th.

That 1 pm weigh-in check has to be local Liverpool time, no?

It says 1pm local on bloodyelbow, honestly this doesnt affect Till at all if anything it favors him as he didnt have to struggle to make weight. He probably would have been at 190 192 anyway by that time, i really doubt hes gonna put on 30 pounds or something.
To me the main doubt its whats going on with his head, i think he's a little shook.

It says 1pm local on bloodyelbow, honestly this doesnt affect Till at all if anything it favors him as he didnt have to struggle to make weight. He probably would have been at 190 192 anyway by that time, i really doubt hes gonna put on 30 pounds or something.
To me the main doubt its whats going on with his head, i think he's a little shook.
didnt struggle to make weight? he looked like death trying to cut the weight =/

i was only going to livebet the ME but now i am on WB ML for sure and R3/R4 finish

Till says he'll probably have to cut weight tomorrow as well to make 188.

Edit : Not fight related, but Dana is meeting Conor today, so hopefully we'll have a fight announcement for that fucker soon.

Last edited:
When Pzarezes missed weight against Green, Green said Michel couldn't weigh over 173 (i think) and showed up fight day 181 and still fought... I fully expect the fight to happen, but we're in for some more fuckery tomorrow.

Back