UFN 130 - Thompson vs Till - Liverpool

I don't believe for a second that Till will come in under 188

1 pm weigh-in, sweet

team thompson throwing down the hammer

I guess he can rehydrate SOMETHING after 1pm...But completely rehydrate before 8? Certainly not.

Also, it must suck that he has to basically cut tomorrow again? Or stay under the weight before tomorrow? Fuck knows.

I don't believe for a second that Till will come in under 188

there are probably stiff sanctions set forth if he does not...like 60 percent of his purse.

im betting thompson and his management know exactly what they are doing

I guess he can rehydrate SOMETHING after 1pm...But completely rehydrate before 8? Certainly not.

Also, it must suck that he has to basically cut tomorrow again? Or stay under the weight before tomorrow? Fuck knows.

boxers rarely ever commit to a rehydration clause, in fact, i cant remember the last time a boxer has

ny guess is that there is a reason for this and it cant be good

boxers rarely ever commit to a rehydration clause, in fact, i cant remember the last time a boxer has

ny guess is that there is a reason for this and it cant be good

The WBC has built in rehyrdration clauses where you cannot be more than 10% heavier than the weightclass limit the morning of the fight. I am not sure if that is for all of their sanctioned fights or just title fights, but rehydration clauses are somewhat commonplace in boxing.

From Ariel:
In the midst of the negotiation I was told one plan was no higher than 185 for Till, so this seems like somewhat of a win for the Scouser.

Obviously the Thompsons were pushing to take Till to the cleaners, IMO 188 is low enough to make it less likely to turn into an advantage for Till.

An interview in the build up for this fight Till is discussing with Tony Bellew about how much he weighs come fight night, Till says he usually gets up to 190 come fight night.

Only 2lbs off, but of course he has to deal with the adverse effects of a horrid cut.

An interview in the build up for this fight Till is discussing with Tony Bellew about how much he weighs come fight night, Till says he usually gets up to 190 come fight night.

Only 2lbs off, but of course he has to deal with the adverse effects of a horrid cut.

More like 5.5 pounds off given that he missed by 3.5, no?

Being able to rehydrate after 1 PM helps, but being short 5 pounds of rehydration for 24 hours cannot be a good thing for him.

More like 5.5 pounds off given that he missed by 3.5, no?

Being able to rehydrate after 1 PM helps, but being short 5 pounds of rehydration for 24 hours cannot be a good thing for him.

Of course there are no real benefits to all this at all, just stating he said he usually comes in at 190 just as reference for anyone who was interested.

im confused this fight is at 170 but they say till has to get to 188?? i saw reports that he weighed in at 174.5

If Till can't make 188 on second weigh in, I would have negotiated for a fight time weigh in which he has to weight 195 Ibs at least. But I'm not sure the comission would allow the fighter possibly be dehydrated on fight time.

Still though its ridiculous that we are talking about a 170'er being rehydrated at 190-195 range. Let this whole thing play out and force him go up to Middleweight afterwards.

im confused this fight is at 170 but they say till has to get to 188?? i saw reports that he weighed in at 174.5

Its a day after the original weigh-ins so yeah. By the time Till weighs in the second time WB is prolly around 185 as well

The fight is at 170 but no fighter weighs the same weight on fight night as
In an interview with Ariel Helwani after Donald Cerrone fight, he said he was 200 at fight time. Link below.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/darren-...o-weigh-as-much-as-he-did-last-weekend-147055

Who knows the truth then, this interview I’m talking about was within the last 2 weeks I believe, definitely in the build up for this fight.

Either way, between 190-200 seems to be accurate.

Back