UFN 126 - Cowboy vs Medeiros - Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.
+Yancy arguments are sounding very similar to the +Cote arguments from a while back.

Agree with Gugabe, Yancy getting overrated a bit for winning a slugfest against BC and Cerrone getting taken to the slaughter a little early for getting sparked by Till and Masvidal, two highly technical strikers. I got 2u on Cowboy at -120.
Since when is till a very technical striker?

I think Till broke his nose very badly and that is why Cerrone covered his face and stopped fighting
Did cowboy ever start fighting in that match?

Ill prob be small on Yancy. While i think there might be value on Cowboy simply because of the opposite trajectories of their careers at the moment, I think there is a certain type of fighter that Cowboy does well against and Yancy doesn't fit the bill. Yancy is a naturally bigger guy and he's pretty durable. He's also going to have a reach advantage here. I can't see Cowboy avoiding if he's forced to trade with Yancy

With that being said, I can see the wrestling/BJJ route for Cowboy here. Ill throw a small bit on a Cowboy sub prop but other than that, ill gladly take Yancy at dog odds w a small bet on the ITD

I think after getting starched a couple times, Cowboy is gonna look to strike purely to set up TD's and try to work Yancy over on the mat. Cowboy has had success taking guys down with well timed shots in other fights, I think he can do it here too.

The concern of course is that Cowboy has hit that inevitable wall that guys hit where their chin just can't hold up anymore. I think it's too soon to say that's where he's at, but it is a possibility for sure.

I was getting till mixed up with James vick, apologies

I’ve done a lot of hallucinogens and taken a lot of the pot in my younger days.

I get fighters mixed up.

I do remember tape study for that fight and thinking cerrone was the better technical striker and I favored him over till

I don't think Cerrone vs Yancy is bettable

I would agree that Cowboy is the correct fave, as Yancy completely luckboxed other cowboy's broken nose in the recent fight and just isn't super good.

But at the same time, there is a serious risk that Cowboy is done. He is 34, loves to drink, probably is going to age worse than normal, and frankly has looked ass in all 3 of his recent fights. Yancy is a clear step down from Mas/Till, but man I think Lawler is also washed up garbage and people keep citing that fight as a reason that Cowboy + Lawler are hanging in there when it was may have been corpse on corpse action.

So shrug. I think this line is accurate. Cowboy definitely better fighter and deserves small edge, but concerns of regression even this out quite a bit. I'm not touching this.

Yancy round 1/ITD and then maybe LB Cerrone?

That's definitely the consensus but is it enough of a decline that Yancy has now surpassed him?
Yance defeated a monster like Oliviera. . For me its a dog or pass situation. I woudlnt bet Donald at this moment. No fuckin way

Yance defeated a monster like Oliviera. . For me its a dog or pass situation. I woudlnt bet Donald at this moment. No fuckin way
Cowboy made Oliveira look completely terrible. Yancy won a crazy slugfest that could have been stopped with either winning about 3-4 times.

In other news, anybody else thinking Lewis shoould be like +3/400? His only shot here's a haymaker comeback, and Tybura seems pretty fit/durable/defensively responsible by HW standards.

Cowboy made Oliveira look completely terrible. Yancy won a crazy slugfest that could have been stopped with either winning about 3-4 times.

In other news, anybody else thinking Lewis shoould be like +3/400? His only shot here's a haymaker comeback, and Tybura seems pretty fit/durable/defensively responsible by HW standards.
That was prime cowboy and Oliveiras debut, no?

No heavyweight should be +400 against Tybura lol, I think the odds are accurate, what do you mean by haymaker comeback? He could land one the first minute.

Yeah Tybura has good fight IQ and very calm during fight. He has good bjj also and a decent stand up .
Derricks power on the other side is no joke, but Tybura should be the pick here.

Is no one worried yancy is 2 months removed from the mother of all wars?

That was prime cowboy and Oliveiras debut, no?

No heavyweight should be +400 against Tybura lol, I think the odds are accurate, what do you mean by haymaker comeback? He could land one the first minute.
Lewis won the Shamil and Browne fights from losing positions, and he's had the back issues. I can't really put any confidence into him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back