UFN 125 - Anders vs Machida - Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't assume that at all. Anders looked ok going 5 in LFA and looked ok going 3 in his last fight. Also, it's not like Machida pushes the pace. Anders line is awful though.
Yeah. I was looking forward to Machida -150 so I could take a stab at Anders +130. Anders also totally dictated the pace in his last fight against a guy with 6 mins of cardio.

First plays for me are Praz, Andrade, Soto, Machida, Dodson, Morales, and Anders. I'm considering Moraes.

Like Fig/Morales u2.5 +130. Both are finishers, both have heavy hands, both are dangerous on the ground.

Man i don't think I'm touching machida. Dude can't take a punch anymore. And Anders packs a big one.

Machida at +220 was a no brainer. Anders striking is rudimentary and he’s gotten by on his athleticism

Smith at +220 is a gift line as well. He’s the type of guy that beats Thiago. He can outlast an early onslaught and take advantage of a slower Santos

Dodson’s line is right on imo. He should win the fight but I have problems trusting his output. I think he looks for the kill shot too much and as a result gets outworked. I think his speed and movement will be a problem for Munhoz

Prazeres should be able to take green down and manhandle him

I like golm too. Not really happy I had to pay almost -200 for him.

Like morales as a dog

Vera

Small on soto

Bullet is unplayable.

Machida at +220 was a no brainer. Anders striking is rudimentary and he’s gotten by on his athleticism

Smith at +220 is a gift line as well. He’s the type of guy that beats Thiago. He can outlast an early onslaught and take advantage of a slower Santos

Dodson’s line is right on imo. He should win the fight but I have problems trusting his output. I think he looks for the kill shot too much and as a result gets outworked. I think his speed and movement will be a problem for Munhoz

Prazeres should be able to take green down and manhandle him

I like golm too. Not really happy I had to pay almost -200 for him.

Like morales as a dog

Vera

Small on soto

Bullet is unplayable.
Why do you like Golm as a near -200 favourite? I think there are too many unknowns about him and Johnson is a solid HW.

I wouldn't assume that at all. Anders looked ok going 5 in LFA and looked ok going 3 in his last fight. Also, it's not like Machida pushes the pace. Anders line is awful though.

I have only seen brief highlights of his 5 rounder and i thought he gassed?

Man i don't think I'm touching machida. Dude can't take a punch anymore. And Anders packs a big one.
I just feel like Anders' striking is gonna be pretty rudimentary, and I don't think he's as athletic/hard-hitting as Brunson from what we've seen. I also like the under for this one, I feel like we're either gonna see Machida-Brunson 2, or Dolloway-Machida 2.

Why do you like Golm as a near -200 favourite? I think there are too many unknowns about him and Johnson is a solid HW.
He looks good. He’s got talent. He’s got speed and hits hard. Young. Good gnp

I get it. -200 is too much. Kinda surprised I played it myself but I think it cashes. Johnson doesn’t impress me much. Golm is hungry and he believes in himself

I just feel like Anders' striking is gonna be pretty rudimentary, and I don't think he's as athletic/hard-hitting as Brunson from what we've seen. I also like the under for this one, I feel like we're either gonna see Machida-Brunson 2, or Dolloway-Machida 2.
I can easily see machida slumping Anders with a big counter.

Anders has to catch machida and I just don’t think he’s there yet

Took u2.5 Anders machida

Took a bunch of o2.5's:
Johnson-golm
Vera-de Andrade
Prazeres-green

It's gnp I think.. Lyoto is terrible at defending shots from bottom, we've seen him get KTFO from gnp a few times... And that's Anders bread and butter

I can easily see machida slumping Anders with a big counter.

Anders has to catch machida and I just don’t think he’s there yet
Exactly. Machida's been slept hard by Brunson and Romero, who are both unorthodox and hit incredibly hard. I don't think Machida's chin is necessarily gone till I've seen him be taken out by a less notable hitter than those two and I think people are underrating the disparity in striking skill here. I'll probably hedge by Machida play with a Anders KO1 or the u2.5 line but I think Machida deserves more respect than being +255 against Anders.

It's gnp I think.. Lyoto is terrible at defending shots from bottom, we've seen him get KTFO from gnp a few times... And that's Anders bread and butter
Anders still has to close the distance on Machida, which requires some serious striking expertise. How many times has he been KTFO'd from top position? I remember Romero rocking him and then teeing off, which I don't think counts quite the same, and Luke Rockhold's top-control game is one of the best in the sport. I'm not a Machida mark by any means, but this line just feels like pure disrespect and a classic case of the bookmakers looking too hard at the existence of a loss-streak, and not looking into exactly how he's picked up those losses.

Playing Andres even as such a big favourite?

Sorry, meant to put Anders/Machida under 2.5 and must have got sidetracked. I have a play on Machida at +220.

I have only seen brief highlights of his 5 rounder and i thought he gassed?

I'd have to rewatch again. I actually bet Allen in that fight thinking Anders would gas. I figured it would have more grappling and it would give Anders trouble in a 5 rounder. IIRC, there was a lot of grappling and Anders did fine. I'm sure he slowed down, but from my memory, he still did fine in the later rounds. I definitely don't see any evidence that he's going to gas out really quickly against a guy like Machida.

Dodson -122
I think his speed and footwork will be too much against very hittable and plodding Munhoz. Dodson being stupid enough to shoot a TD and get guillotined is a concern though.

Prazeres -128 and O2.5 -200
I like Prazeres volume on the feet and ability to mix in good takedowns with a strong top game to win a dec.

Soto -104
Sotos wrestling should be strong enough to take Alcantara down who doesn't have the best TDD. Soto much better on the ground.

Andrade +120 and O2.5 -128
Andrade will connect om Vera with hard combos. Vera will have to set up his kicks better. Surprised this line hasn't moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back