UFN 122 - Silva vs Gastelum - China

Status
Not open for further replies.
going to have to wake up at the unfathomable time of 11am to catch the last of the prelims and then the main card. sometimes being a quite foul night owl has its disadvantages.

UFC Fight Night 122: Bisping vs. Gastelum
NOVEMBER 25, 2017
Mercedes-Benz Arena | Shanghai, China

Main Card - (UFC Fight Pass, 7AM ET)

Michael Bisping +170
Kelvin Gastelum -230

Over 2.5 +100
Under 2.5 -140
-

Zak Ottow +130
Li Jingliang -170

Over 2.5 -180
Under 2.5 +140
-

Wang Guan +125
Alex Caceres -165

Over 2.5 -170
Under 2.5 +130
-

Alex Garcia +140
Muslim Salikhov -180

Over 1.5 +130
Under 1.5 -170

who da fook are salikhov and guan?

who da fook are salikhov and guan?

Salikhov is considered the GOAT of Wushu Sanda, lacks a ground game though.

I took a couple notes on Guan:
Accurate range striker with deceptive power, everyone tries to take him down. Only loss to a 19-1 Russian who wanted nothing to do with Wang's standup. Decent TDD, no sweeps but okay getups, good sub defense. Beaten some guys with good records, including Shane Young by unanimous decision. No video on the Young fight but play by play says Guan sprawled all his shots, Shane was the aggressor but Guans defense and accurate shots got him the decision.

Have heard Muslim is a great striker, but surprised by that price when stylistically Garcia is gonna wrestle.

But Who knows maybe it’s justified. Gotta watch tape

salikhov's striking looks good in the youtube footage i've seen. anyone have intel on his anti-wrestling?

This card actually looks pretty fun. The start time helps a lot too.

I guess take Caceres against a fresh new regional nobody? Guan does seem to have a little bit of hype behind him, though.

I also didn't realize that Melvin Guillard'd fallen so far as to get KO'd twice in a row on random regionals.

Interview with Salikhov

https://www.rt.com/sport/410182-putins-bodyguard-muslim-salikhov/

-his only loss came because he wasn't sure what ruleset he was fighting under (was surprised when his opponent started to wrestle with him)
-walks around at about 198lbs
-UFC offered a MW fight first but he wanted to fight at WW as he has always done
-currently in China, preparing at a friends gym
-fought a lot in China
-popular in China (people on the street asking for photos)

Cali is a fucking shithole. I am leaving in no less than 8 months. As soon as my baby girl is 6 months old we are outta here. WAAAAAY too liberal for me and expensive as fuck. Being a sanctuary state is asking for the criminals to live here. Just all around shitty place to live now.
this Thanksgiving I'm grateful that I live in a place where I never, ever, ever encounter people who say stuff like this.

glad they are giving bobby nash another chance, he's looked like a decent fighter despite being finished twice. hope he's worked on his cardio though.
IIRC he was lighting Li the hell up before getting caught. Could be some real value on him, especially if he's fighting a hyped local fighter.

I guess take Caceres against a fresh new regional nobody? Guan does seem to have a little bit of hype behind him, though.

I also didn't realize that Melvin Guillard'd fallen so far as to get KO'd twice in a row on random regionals.

Some pre-tape watch thoughts, but just the fact that he's 31 years old and has been fighting as a pro for more than ten years makes the term "prospect" seem suspect. Also, Caceres has been known to whoop some asian prospect ass recently:

1Pb2z3R.gif

Some pre-tape watch thoughts, but just the fact that he's 31 years old and has been fighting as a pro for more than ten years makes the term "prospect" seem suspect. Also, Caceres has been known to whoop some asian prospect ass recently:

1Pb2z3R.gif

i think caceres has evolved into a really legit striker, he's a lot better than his record suggests. i wonder what this chinese guy is like.

Dont understand the line. Wont bisping be much bigger than kelvin, who seems undersized at this weight class and struggles against big boys?

I guess bisping is coming off a loss and getting dropped/ strangled by gsp tho

Dont understand the line. Wont bisping be much bigger than kelvin, who seems undersized at this weight class and struggles against big boys?

I guess bisping is coming off a loss and getting dropped/ strangled by gsp tho

Gastelum has only really had trouble with guys who’ve been able to take him down. He was getting the better of Weidman on the feet and actually dropped him at the end of the first round, Chris was possibly saved by the bell there.

Gastelum is going to have the speed advantage, he has a granite chin, and the much crisper boxing IMO. Bisping was likely concussed and choked unconscious less than 3 weeks ago. Now he’s flying to China to fight a guy he’s had basically no time to prepare for. Other than the size advantage, which I don’t really think is going to be a major factor here, it’s hard for me to find many positives on Bisping’s side in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back