UFN 121 - Werdum vs Tybura - Australia | Page 14

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Oct 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbozed Red Belt

turbozed
    Really? The notes I took on the fight look like this:

Looking good against Oliveira early chasing him around the cage; Cowboy fighting back lands a sweet turning side kick to the body that hurts Means; the two exchange evenly and grapple a bit before Means fouls Cowboy for NC

So seemed pretty even to me *shrugs*

Wiktoruspro and t6p like this.
  2. betrayedlurker Yellow Card

betrayedlurker
    FATALITY

3. t6p Purple Belt

t6p
    This is accurate. There's a perception that Means was dominating that fight because of how it ended up in reality it was competitive before the knees. Hence why Means closed at +110 in the first fight and -210 in the second.

Jamah likes this.
  4. Stunna77 Green Belt

Stunna77
    Right, but just because it was pretty even doesn't mean he wasn't looking good. iirc he reversed Cowboy a couple of times on the mat (no easy feat), and was looking aggressive and landing shots on the feet. Exactly what he needs to do this fight..

t6p likes this.
  5. Wiktoruspro Orange Belt

Wiktoruspro
    Shit happens but I will eat my socks if Werdum loses

6. t6p Purple Belt

t6p
    Absolutely, he looked fine. Probably how you want him to look if you're backing him here, but that fight was brought up in the context of Means best performances. I didn't see evidence in that fight that would make me think his line should move from + money to more than a 2/1 favorite in the rematch is all.

Stunna77 likes this.
  7. Sadistics Blue Belt

Sadistics
    Just be aware that Kassem is gonna dwarf her, and that Chambers has gassed within the 1st round of every UFC/TUF fight.

They're brother in laws

Card, Ukram and Stunna77 like this.
  8. rille31 Brown Belt

rille31
    Astro chick is 40 and hasn't fought in 2 years?

Ukram and DarkneT like this.
  9. CR0W ʙᴏxɪɴɢ

CR0W
    Shelton is 100% going to implement a takedown heavy gameplan against Lausa, he may mix up some kicks on the feet but he's just putting himself in danger against the better boxer if he tries to trade inside. He has a clear advantage on the mat and I'll be shocked if he doesn't utilise that. Wish they wouldn't have given Lausa 2 tough match ups in a row, nice to see his showcase his boxing but hard to see past Shelton here, won't be playing him at his current price though.

Sham5916910 and DarkneT like this.
  10. DarkneT Sherdog hero

DarkneT
    Shelton Werdum and Brooks are locks of the card for me

Wiktoruspro likes this.
  11. Yotsuya Orange Belt

Yotsuya
    I had a small bet on Camacho vs. Li and he really impressed me back then. I just rewatched the fight and even in the third round after taking tons on damage by Li's hard jabs and low kicks he still seemed to have significant power left in some exchanges and the attitude was 100% no retreat, no surrender. Brown does not seem to have the power to threaten Camacho and could get knocked out himself if he tries to outwork him with volume. Tuck dropped him with a single short straight right. Or am I wrong about Brown's hands? Zane Simon said, that he has "sneaky power". o_O

Btw, this is Camacho's first fight at 155 since 2015, but he will have 5" reach advantage. Fight was announced less than a month ago, but since both guys are from that area, they have probably hoped to get signed for this event and trained accordingly.

Wiktoruspro likes this.
  12. Wiktoruspro Orange Belt

Wiktoruspro
    Watched Rawlings fight against Teccia and she was doing quiete ,,ok" against a top strawweight.
    I think she is a good bet for this event.
    This chick lost against Kaufman and won a split last fight plus short notice

13. rev0lver Orange Belt

rev0lver
    I am

He's fighting someone 10x easier than his UFC and TUF opponents, who he had close fights with each time. Lausa's lone UFC win was against a 2-3 fighter and couldn't finish, got absolutely mauled in the other. Shelton -400 = ez $100 or parlay material

14. betrayedlurker Yellow Card

betrayedlurker
    Horrible reasoning

MMAJay, cagebrain and thewiggo like this.
  15. NorthernLights Orange Belt

NorthernLights
    I just rewatched Sherman vs Coulter...I think that the main thing we all should learn from that fight is that Chase Sherman has to be one of the dumbest guys on the roster. Also, it's the perfect example of how heavyweight fights sometimes manage to be shit and absolutely amazing at the same time!

2bet, TheOneTrueKing and jjwvic like this.
  16. thewiggo White Belt

thewiggo
    I just see too good value in Lausa to pass up. Im actually holding off because I think i will end up getting more. Dont get me wrong... Shelton is the favourite for a reason but I dont see why he is his much of one...
    These are the type of picks you have to consider to make a profit betting this sport on the long run, thats what ive learned in the last couple of years anyway

17. lifeisgood12345 Orange Belt

lifeisgood12345
    Lausa is trash and Shelton is decent. What's the argument for Lausa other than "Shelton is 0-2 and anything is possible!"

Not sure I'll be betting it but -350 feels slightly low

18. betrayedlurker Yellow Card

betrayedlurker
    Lausa is trash just because he lost to one of the best prospects in the division?

Are you also gonna say "HURR DURR HE ONLY BEAT A 3-2 CHINESE GUY LOL!!!" too?

You can only beat who's put in front of you and he looked good. Obviously has good striking. Shelton hasn't beat anyone either.

If you're even thinking about betting Shelton at this price you're a bum. End of story.

thewiggo likes this.
  19. Sham5916910 Yellow Card

Sham5916910
    Lausa got a gift decision against some phillipino bum before his ufc debut. Got wrestlefucked and showed no ability like in both ufc fights to get off his back

20. betrayedlurker Yellow Card

betrayedlurker
    Please don't play Shelton @ -400

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.