UFN 120 - Poirier vs Pettis - Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ansaroff looked good in her last fight but her other performances aren't nearly as good. Lybarger might have made Ansaroff look better than she really is. Lybarger is a terrible athlete with a poor ground game.

Despite dominating on the ground in her last fight, Ansaroff isn't much of an offensive wrestler and we didn't actually see much of her offensive wrestling in that fight. It was mostly Lybarger just flopping to the ground and Ansaroff following her. Hill isn't a great defensive wrestler, gets taken down every fight but she is a good scrambler and a way better athlete than Lybarger

Both Hill and Ansaroff are primarily strikers but I gotta give Hill the edge on the feet. This fight probably ends in a close decision, if Ansaroff can work in takedowns then she might have a good chance at winning but I gotta go with Hill.

Odds are a little wide but Hill is the rightful favourite.

I agree that we haven't seen any brilliant wrestling from Ansaroff yet but Lybarger didn't just flop to the ground. Ansaroff literally kicked her legs out from under her. She did that twice in the same exact way in different rounds. And if you think that was a fluke, then she also did the same thing to Munah Holland after grabbing a single leg. We all know through watching Muay Thai that sweeping an opponent's leg is a legit skill that can be practiced. It may work on Hill.

I agree that Ansaroff's best chance is to end up on top of Hill. I don't think Hill's scrambling ability will help her get up or reverse if it does though. In her fight with Yoder, Hill never actually forced Yoder off of her. Yoder kept trying this stupid move where she disengaged from Hill to create space and then try to jump on her back. She did this twice unsuccessfully. If she hadn't, she could've rode out the round and won 2/3 rds for the decision. Seriously, watch those moments again. I can only imagine Yoder-backers in that fight pulling out their hair for how bad her fight IQ was.

If what Din Thomas has said about Ansaroff is true, then I don't think we've seen the best of Ansaroff yet. And she's had about 10 months since her last month to train with some monsters at ATT, including preparing Nunes for two championship fight camps.

Can anyone explain Ansaroff's nickname "The Strina"? That word don't mean anything to me.

Her nickname should be "The Answer"

After Lopez missed weight, I closed my Assunçao-Lopez GTD bet for a 0.3u profit.
He might gas hard and a late finish is possible.

Man I'm such a big fan of Poirier. Like actual fan. He busts his ass and he has never been in a boring fight. Has skills everywhere. Pettis seems so much more entitled and his work ethic comes into question at times... But he's so dangerous and poirier's biggest flaw is probably his chin...

... But I don't want to bet with a bias. That's what hockey's for for me.

I guess just leaving the pettis NSC play unless the line shifts one way or another...

Feel the same way. Big fan of Dustin but I just can't see him being able to take the shots. Pettis isn't at his best anymore but he's still dangerous and he's good everywhere. Plus Dustin has a tendency to go off gameplan and get caught up if fire fights, where his hands have the skills but again his chin lacks.

Feel the same way. Big fan of Dustin but I just can't see him being able to take the shots. Pettis isn't at his best anymore but he's still dangerous and he's good everywhere. Plus Dustin has a tendency to go off gameplan and get caught up if fire fights, where his hands have the skills but again his chin lacks.

Yeah. Dustin's game and a fun fighter, but his fire-fights seem to inevitably end with him getting subbed or TKO'd despite his gameness. Poirier's game to brawl, but it rarely seems to ever do anything good for him.

I also think Eddie had him beat before the knees. Dustin us good but he's not top level.

Porier too slow standing and will lose if it hits the mat... but it won’t. Pettis gonna out point him on the feet clear 30-27.... edit 50-45

I'm not so sure. And I actually do think Poirier might take him down at times..

Budden, why in every discussion thread is it always you making snarky remarks to everyone and arguing? You seem like an angry child.

I'm not so sure. And I actually do think Poirier might take him down at times..

I leaned porier at first but reviewing records and watching both guys fight Jim Miller the differences made it a clear pick for me.

Ps I always lose when I switch so porier is a lock lol

I'd actually like to see Dustin and Pettis go to the ground, I think they're pretty evenly matched there and Dustin's chin is less likely to be tested there. On the feet I give the edge to Pettis but on the ground I'd say it's 50/50

Does anyone know if Virgina has adopted the new rules? I tried searching and couldn't find any indication that they have done so.

Edit:

"Mary Broz Vaughan, the spokesperson for Virginia’s Department of Professional & Occupational Regulation, said confirmed that Virginia will also not be adopting the new rules. Virginia does not have a true commission. Instead, new rules have to essentially become state laws, which is a long process, Broz Vaughan said."

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12...-not-adopt-full-changes-to-mmas-unified-rules

Last edited:
Finally took the shot on Pereira, the line is absurd.

+250 on a 13-0 fighter that looks better everytime we see her. Pereira is a naturally gifted athlete and that's what is going to separate her from the rest of the division.

Surarez is also good athlete and much bigger one. Surarez is a great wrestler and has a decent submission game but the rest of her game is not nearly as evolved. Her striking is improving but it's not something that she can rely on.

Suraez has beaten her competition thus far and done so easily but now she's taking a big step up. Suraez has never faced an opponent with the athleticism and skills that Pereira has, by far her toughest test.

Pereira is going to have to stop takedowns, control the distance and work her boxing. Suraez fights very aggressively and most of her fights finish early. If Pereira can stuff the early takedowns and get out of the first round, Surarez may slow down, her cardio is still in question.

I predict future world champions and Pereira has all the potential. You saw the look in her eyes at the face off, not here to play games.

Lol stop using the 13-0 record to cap this fight dawg, it makes you look like such an amateur. Her record is padded. That's something you'd hear from noob predictors on YouTube.

Vivi is never going to be world champ at 115. Simply too small and her striking is really basic. Plus she only landed 25 strikes on Valerie Bumtourneau over 15 minutes lol. Horrible volume for a woman. She only landed 80 strikes on Moyle because she's also a member of the lollypop guild.

It's clearly a live bet fight if you think Tatiana will fail to do anything effective early and start to slow down.

No idea how you can prebet Vivi against one of the biggest and best wrestler/submission artists in the division when Valerie Bumtourneau instantly passed into mount extremely easily.

I guess I'm just disappointed. You're better than this.

Lol stop using the 13-0 record to cap this fight dawg, it makes you look like such an amateur. Her record is padded. That's something you'd hear from noob predictors on YouTube.

Vivi is never going to be world champ at 115. Simply too small and her striking is really basic. Plus she only landed 25 strikes on Valerie Bumtourneau over 15 minutes lol. Horrible volume for a woman. She only landed 80 strikes on Moyle because she's also a member of the lollypop guild.

It's clearly a live bet fight if you think Tatiana will fail to do anything effective early and start to slow down.

No idea how you can prebet Vivi against one of the biggest and best wrestler/submission artists in the division when Valerie Bumtourneau instantly passed into mount extremely easily.

I guess I'm just disappointed. You're better than this.
But the thing is, I'm a top bettor and a proven top bettor. I hit moneyline underdogs, thats what I do, Pereira is a elite bet, +250 is ridiculous. The last big female underdog I cashed was Andrade, everyone was doubting then as well but they all got crushed.

Last week you went huge on Bisping and got crushed. Now you are a broken bettor and you are not even betting this card. Yet you criticise all my top plays smh, show respect.

Ansaroff will win.
I mean someone who scissors the champ has good chances winning against a bum like Angela.
Plus she is lesbian.

Ansaroff will win.
I mean someone who scissors the champ has good chances winning against a bum like Angela.
Plus she is lesbian.

I think Nunes's skills might've rubbed off on her if you know I mean

1134037_o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back