UFN 119 PBP/Discussion

Won’t name names, but I’d hate to be someone who tries to take my name in vein every chance he gets due to #elite insecurities, only for our good Lord to smite him with a $6.5k loss on Font

#blessed #thankyoulord #godisgood #whatabum
Budden show mercy, the guy won't even reveal his bets anymore cause he's scared you will roast him. Playing Font was not sharp though, the fact that Dellagrotte wasn't in his corner/camp and the fact that last time Font fought in Brazil he got whooped should have been enough to stop sharps betting him as a favourite vs Munhoz

Yeah Covington isn't a striker. if I was Covington, I would constantly clinch and make Woodley defend takedowns, tire him out and break him. It would be foolish of Covington to strike with Woodley, especially early. Just cause Covington relied on his striking to beat Maia, doesn't mean he'll do the same vs Woodley, everyone besides Maia gets wrestled to death. Show respect to the GOAT

Watched Covington fight for the 2nd time last night.

If he can't take Woodley down, he is in trouble. He will need to do some striking to setup takedowns or to get him into the clinch. The way Colby lunges into his punches at times, he is asking to get hit with a big Woodley counter.

Sad to see Maia and Machida lose....its a new era.

Father time waits for no man.

Kind of a reminder that it's hard to bet on guys who are near the end of their careers. Like Jim Miller for example too.

If he can't take Woodley down, he is in trouble. He will need to do some striking to setup takedowns or to get him into the clinch. The way Colby lunges into his punches at times, he is asking to get hit with a big Woodley counter.

colby is so overmatched by woodley and usman

colby is so overmatched by woodley and usman

i'm not sure. i think colby will revert to his original style when he fights woodley. i'll happily play him if he's a decent dog.

colby claimed that he sparred woodley for two rounds and tryonne quit

he didnt appear to be trolling, he actually thinks that he is a better striker than woodley

i'm not sure. i think colby will revert to his original style when he fights woodley. i'll happily play him if he's a decent dog.

i don't wanna talk about it anymore in case the fight happens ;)

If Woodley doesn't catch Covington early and put him away then Woodley is the one in trouble. The longer that fight goes the worse it gets for Woodley. Covington is tough and he's never been KO'd.

Woodley is also far from the best Welterweight in the world. He's just had some good performances and style match ups lately but the guy is 35 years old and he has obvious flaws. Thompson was too scared to pressure Woodley, he played it safe and paid the price. Maia was easy work for Woodley because it was a great style match up.

I think anyone that can get in Woodley's face, pressure him and outwork him can give him problems but you take a gamble in doing that cause you might get KO'd.

I could name several welterweights, not just in the UFC that I would favour to beat Woodley.

i think thompson is even a worse matchup

covington would just get picked apart on the feet, especially in a five round fight

colby doesnt have the punching power to trouble wonderboy

If Woodley doesn't catch Covington early and put him away then Woodley is the one in trouble. The longer that fight goes the worse it gets for Woodley. Covington is tough and he's never been KO'd.

Woodley is also far from the best Welterweight in the world. He's just had some good performances and style match ups lately but the guy is 35 years old and he has obvious flaws. Thompson was too scared to pressure Woodley, he played it safe and paid the price. Maia was easy work for Woodley because it was a great style match up.

I think anyone that can get in Woodley's face, pressure him and outwork him can give him problems but you take a gamble in doing that cause you might get KO'd.

I could name several welterweights, not just in the UFC that I would favour to beat Woodley.

agreed i don't think woodley is even top 5 at ww.

I think people will continue to underestimate Colby because they dislike his personality.

agreed i don't think woodley is even top 5 at ww.
Against certain fighters with certain styles he matches up well, against others not so much.

Imagine if Woodley fought Douglas Lima or Koreshkov, he'd get destroyed and those guys aren't even in the UFC. I'd also favour about half of the guys in the UFC top 10 to beat him.

Last edited:
I think people will continue to underestimate Colby because they dislike his personality.
His personality is #elite but he was getting owned by Maia on the feet before Maia gassed. Woodley is likely gonna find a bomb to plant on his chin within the first 2 rounds with that kind of defense

This is absurd

1 Robbie Lawler
2 Stephen Thompson
3 Demian Maia
4 Jorge Masvidal
5 Rafael Dos Anjos
6 Carlos Condit 1
7 Colby Covington 1
8 Darren Till *NR
9 Donald Cerrone 3
10 Santiago Ponzinibbio

masvidal, rda, condit (in a 5 rounder), colby, till, ponz all beat woodley imo.

I don't disagree that Colby has the style to beat Woodley with his pace and conditioning over 5 rounds to win a decision and Woodley's lack of volume.

Colby's striking leaves a lot to be desired, he slightly lunges when he strikes with his head forward and makes it harder to reset, that leaves him really vulnerable to Woodley's counter. Colby has never been Ko'd and is probably really tough but if Lawler is dropping, so is Colby.

Not a big Woodley fan but he has a strong fight IQ and does what he needs to , to win fights.

His personality is #elite but he was getting owned by Maia on the feet before Maia gassed. Woodley is likely gonna find a bomb to plant on his chin within the first 2 rounds with that kind of defense

Sure, his stand up looked pretty poor but I think him being reckless was kind of part of the gameplan. He wanted to push the pace and didn't mind eating a few shots if it meant that Maia was going to gas quicker. Against Woodley I'm sure his gameplan would be different.

Sure, his stand up looked pretty poor but I think him being reckless was kind of part of the gameplan. He wanted to push the pace and didn't mind eating a few shots if it meant that Maia was going to gas quicker. Against Woodley I'm sure his gameplan would be different.
Against Woodley I imagine his gameplan would be the same. Whats he gonna do, try to have a slow kickboxing contest against a more explosive guy with better accuracy and power and experience and who throws a lot more technical?

I really thought Colby could've been a bad match up before this fight. Now idk how anyone can think, barring a granite chin, Colby doesn't die when we got a look at how bad his standup is with those wide swings and head always in one spot to be hit.

Back