UFN 117 - OSP vs Shogun II - Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
definitely taking jumeau -180, was super impressed w/his debut. seemed way improved from the tape watching prior to it. anzai's gonna be undersized, hasn't fought since 2015, etc etc.

taking O2.5 in gadelha-andrade -150. i'm aware andrade is as dangerous as it gets as far as 115 wmma go.. and i know gadelha got back to bjj routes etc against KK, but i think KK was just overmatched physically & was overwhelmed.. not sure if she'd get that sub that easily in a rematch, etc. think this has gadelha decision written all over it.

also like okami +365, tho i'm not sure where the line will move. not sure if this'll be best price, so i'll do this one small. think people will be surprised at the lack of much size differential (or maybe i'll be the surprised one if he's truly dwarfed lol?)

taking the O1.5 in okami-osp too at -140.

hirota +160 feels off. i'll take some of that. might even do O2.5 -175 while i'm at it...

----

have a gut feeling i'll be on another particular dog, but holding off until i make sure it's what i wanna do (think the line will get better for me, too)

biggest play so far's jumeau, fairly confident (outta be if i'm gonna lay juice!)

no clue who either of those two asian girls are in the wmma 115 fight...

also not familiar with Daichi Abe...

anyone? (or did i miss it earlier ITT)

I laid some juice on Maestro and some on the under there. Still need to watch a lot of tape for the rest

fuckkkkkkkk, dy was the dog i wanted has dropped from +135 to -120, i hate myself for being greedy and balking at that opener...

i remember jeon now. super young korean girl, very raw, wants to bang.. let loose a hilarious warcry rd 3 like hyun gyu lim did in rd 5 against saffiedine

(it didn't work for either of them)

Big fan of these openers, maxed the following lines:

Gadehla/Andrade O2.5 -150

Gomi/Kim U1.5 -155

Hirota/Rosa O2.5 -175

Formiga/Sasaki O2.5 -130 (maxed twice)

Kondo -130

Anzai/Jumeau O2.5 -130

Abe +130
Abe/Lim U1.5 -135

no clue who either of those two asian girls are in the wmma 115 fight...

also not familiar with Daichi Abe...

anyone? (or did i miss it earlier ITT)

Abe's got a Judo background but mainly a striker, one the best strikers to come out of Japan imo. Ran through his opponents to get the Pancrase WW strap in his 5th pro fight. Good variety of punches, goes to the right HK a bit too often. Great killer instinct when he has you hurt, cardio looks to be above average. Defense could use a bit of work but good chin/recovery. A bit undersized for WW but gives him a speed advantage.

He looks very experienced for a 5-0 pro and should be more technical than Lim everywhere. The size could be an issue where Lim holds a 4"-6" height (sources vary) and 5" reach advantage.

Abe's got a Judo background but mainly a striker, one the best strikers to come out of Japan imo. Ran through his opponents to get the Pancrase WW strap in his 5th pro fight. Good variety of punches, goes to the right HK a bit too often. Great killer instinct when he has you hurt, cardio looks to be above average. Defense could use a bit of work but good chin/recovery. A bit undersized for WW but gives him a speed advantage.

He looks very experienced for a 5-0 pro and should be more technical than Lim everywhere. The size could be an issue where Lim holds a 4"-6" height (sources vary) and 5" reach advantage.

ty! what about kondo?

ty! what about kondo?

Also a Pancrase champ. She's an ex pro wrestler and ex pro kickboxer, Krush kickboxing champion where she went 14-1 I believe. Very well rounded though her standup is fairly limited, she does have a real nice 1-2. She prefers to grapple and gets her TDs against the fence. I expect her to be leagues above Jeon in the grappling department

I think I'm going to take Daichi Abe @+130 but what worries me is his striking defense is pretty bad, it looks like he is willing to trade blow for blow with Lim and isn't looking to grapple based off some interviews. Daichi has the speed, technique advantage but Lim probably has the power advantage and definitely has the size advantage.

Also a Pancrase champ. She's an ex pro wrestler and ex pro kickboxer, Krush kickboxing champion where she went 14-1 I believe. Very well rounded though her standup is fairly limited, she does have a real nice 1-2. She prefers to grapple and gets her TDs against the fence. I expect her to be leagues above Jeon in the grappling department

gotcha, ty for the info

she seems a bit slow ... i do think it's possible that jeon wins on aggression.. but if kondo takes her down against cage or somethin, jeon doesn't know what to do, hehe

re: abe -- he does look pretty promising. great left hook and big straight right as a finisher -- but i do think lim's gonna dwarf him a bit

wish U1.5 wasn't -160, lol. lim hasn't fought since perry over a year ago, right?

I think I'm going to take Daichi Abe @+130 but what worries me is his striking defense is pretty bad, it looks like he is willing to trade blow for blow with Lim and isn't looking to grapple based off some interviews. Daichi has the speed, technique advantage but Lim probably has the power advantage and definitely has the size advantage.

He hasn't opted to grapple in any of his fights, this is gonna be a stand up war, likely FOTN if it doesn't end too quickly.

threw down on abe, he should be the fav here.

lim has no clue how to make his size/range count and must cut a fuckload of weight to make ww (the guy looks comparable size to rockhold ffs).

abe's defence is bad, but so is lim's and abe definitely has the more technical offence.

guess the hype on ishihara is gone i was hoping to get dy as a decent sized dog.

i think rosa kicks his way to an easy decision here.

Abe has some ko power backing up which will come handy agains Lim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back