UFN 116 - Rockhold vs Branch - Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saggo, Smith and Martin's opening lines were great wish I got some of those.

Openers are huge for over unders, how do you time it up so well that often EZ?

Now that the lines have moved, I like the other side in all of those.

smiths line might be better after the first round. lombard is a front-runnner and anthony tends to start slow.

2U [email protected] and [email protected] at Alves.

I guess there is always a risk of Perry landing something big, but I trust Alves to be more technical.

I pretty much feel the same way. I think Perry might need the knockout or at least to hurt Alves badly if he's going to win this. I'm worried about that happening though, so I'm holding off betting Alves for now. I'd like to see props/movement first.

Diligence!

smiths line might be better after the first round. lombard is a front-runnner and anthony tends to start slow.

I wouldn't say that Smith is really a slow starter (although he did start his last two fights slow). 13 out of his 27 wins came in round 1.

Martin vs oam really is interesting. Good discussion overnight , fellas.

It's a super tough fight to call.

Oam does look sub par on bottom ... Maybe in general he's a frontrunner... Martin has totally changed his game, too. He's now fully capable of going 15 but less of a finishing threat

I don't bet... but here are some interesting underdogs:

- Branch: wrestling, reach and win streak
- Martin: very slightly more active striker, height reach advantage (3 inches)
- Spitz: 10 years younger, 2 inches taller
- Hall: more active striker, reach
- Arantes: higher ranked, younger 2 years, height and reach (6 inches) advantage
- Saggo: More active takedowns, more active striker, higher ranked

Short notice:
- Azunna Anyanwu (in for Dmitry Sosnovskiy) vs. Justin Ledet (0 days notice) UFC debut

Ring rust:
- Rockhold 469 days (knee injury in Nov vs. Ronaldo Souza)
- Ledet 301 days (injury in Feb vs. Dmitry Sosnovskiy)
- Mercier 280 days (injury in June vs. Leonardo Santos)
- Hall 301 days
- Arantes 315 days
- Burns 357 days (injury in Feb vs. Paul Felder)
- Saggo 280 days

Returning from TKO loss
- Rockhold
- Hamilton
- Hall (twice)

I was no Martin expert prior to tape, but watched all his fights and was shocked at how good his striking is considering i had him pegged as a grappler. And OAM as a lock? He's hardly a great striker. Jonny Case is a decent striker and Martin tooled him on the feet. He uses solid long straight punches.

Come on man, he did not tool Johnny Case. That was a real close fight.

That wasn't close. Martin landed the much more eye catching and hurtful punches in r2 and r3. Clear win for Martin. But yeah maybe tooling him was too hard!

definitely gonna take some alves decision and over 1.5
probs cover with perry ko round 1 and 2 depending on price if its even good, have not even seen it yet.

IIRC, the first round was very competitive (I believe Case won it), but Martin took over in the second and landed the much more powerful strikes. It seemed like Case gassed a bit in the third and Martin was walking him down. Rounds 2 and 3 were fairly dominant for Martin IMO, despite the overall numbers being close.

Both guys improving. Both pretty evenly matched. Not worth taking a side unless one becomes a decent dog. O2.5 all day

For sure. Perry is a decent technical brawler but if Alves looks anything like he did vs Cote he's gonna chop Perry's legs up with leg kicks and coast to an easy dec.

I'm
Sorry but I can't take away ANYTHING from Alves fighting cautiously against one foot out of the door Cote

Young lion eats here if you ask me

Plantinum Perry hahaha
The dude who got rocked by a model is the favorite?
Alves will fuck him till he loves him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back