UFN 116 - Rockhold vs Branch - Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty confident Martin beats OAM. I think he's going to box him up on the feet and stop OAM getting this to the mat.

hmm i think OAM is better on feet.. faster and better footwork Martin have the height and reach advantage though

hmm i think OAM is better on feet.. faster and better footwork Martin have the height and reach advantage though
I think Martin showed much improvement striking wise in his last fight. OAM still looks like a robot when he strikes.

OAM looked better against Dober but Dober's Dober plus he was getting countered as he kept stepping in. Martin fights long uses his reach well. If you go back and watch Martin fights he has pretty good stand up. He out struck Dariush, Santos, Felipe and Case. His gassing problems also seem to be behind him. Martin's only 27 and seems to be improving fight to fight.

Alves has incredible value at +150 no way that Perry should be the fav. Good opportunity to take advantage of the hype train. I think Alvey will kick box to a 30-27.

O1.5 for Perry/Alves is 1.80, that is what i call a gift

Pretty confident Martin beats OAM. I think he's going to box him up on the feet and stop OAM getting this to the mat.

Damn really?
I was putting OAM up there as a neat lock
Should be a straight striking battle which I favour him in?
Am I missing something

Something to consider is that OAMs defensive wrestling is largely unknown. He's been getting some pretty good stylistic matchups in the UFC.

Damn really?
Am I missing something

I was no Martin expert prior to tape, but watched all his fights and was shocked at how good his striking is considering i had him pegged as a grappler. And OAM as a lock? He's hardly a great striker. Jonny Case is a decent striker and Martin tooled him on the feet. He uses solid long straight punches.

OAM looked better against Dober but Dober's Dober plus he was getting countered as he kept stepping in. Martin fights long uses his reach well. If you go back and watch Martin fights he has pretty good stand up. He out struck Dariush, Santos, Felipe and Case. His gassing problems also seem to be behind him. Martin's only 27 and seems to be improving fight to fight.

ya i thought OAM looked great vs Dober compared to past fights he really smashed him in r1 but i only watched that fight and Martins fight vs Case might change my mind after watching more tape

Damn really?
Am I missing something

I don't think OAM is a great striker tbh, he had trouble with Dober. Martin might be the more powerful striker of the two. He did well vs Case on the feet. Grappling wise I think it's pretty even, both guys are very good grapplers.

Something to consider is that OAMs defensive wrestling is largely unknown. He's been getting some pretty good stylistic matchups in the UFC.

Ferreira (i know hes a legit bjj guy) tooled OAM when he had top position.

ya i thought OAM looked great vs Dober compared to past fights he really smashed him in r1 but i only watched that fight and Martins fight vs Case might change my mind after watching more tape

Dober also dropped OAM and he got dropped by Michaud too.

The thing i'm a bit worried about is if this becomes a cage grind fest and OAMs cardio holding up better.

I currently have 2u Martin +133

The thing i'm a bit worried about is if this becomes a cage grind fest and OAMs cardio holding up better.

I currently have 2u Martin +133

Martin is a huge 155er so he might out-power OAM and not let him grind on him.

Alves has incredible value at +150 no way that Perry should be the fav. Good opportunity to take advantage of the hype train. I think Alvey will kick box to a 30-27.

For sure. Perry is a decent technical brawler but if Alves looks anything like he did vs Cote he's gonna chop Perry's legs up with leg kicks and coast to an easy dec.

Damn really?
Am I missing something

That OAM is a terrible striker for one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back