UFN 116 - Rockhold vs Branch - Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Betsafe have juiced it too much same with Usman. They hardly ever get a line right. They are probably being extra cautious after all the gifts they've given out.
You realize when a line is "too juiced" it means the other side is too high? How's that being cautious?

I agree thought, they dont seem to have any idea what theyre doing. Not that they're losing much money thought, because they only accept minimal bets and instantly limit winners.

Sat 6:30 PM EST

Luke Rockhold vs. David Branch
Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves
Hector Lombard vs. Anthony Smith
Gregor Gillespie vs. Jason Gonzalez
Kamaru Usman vs. Sergio Moraes
Justin Ledet vs. Azunna Anyanwu
Tony Martin vs. Olivier Aubin-Mercier
Anthony Hamilton vs. Daniel Spitz
Krzysztof Jotko vs. Uriah Hall
Luke Sanders vs. Felipe Arantes
Jason Saggo vs. Gilbert Burns

E1MG5FA.jpg

ya even with that chin i dont think Spitz have the power to ko him =/ for a hw it looks like he punches like i girl lol

i could be wrong though if you think Spitz have a good chance you can get him at +250 on betsafe

I'd have no faith in Spitz but Hamilton as a -330 favorite vs anyone = instant fade now

I actually like a lot of the dogs on this card. I'd gladly throw money on every one that's out right now except possibly Martin (may change my mind on that too tho). Looks like great potential for betting

Showed my striking against Case, but I always want a finish, now I'm mentally strong, now I have experience, momentum, being a good athlete got me through all my early fights, want to keep ball rolling, that's why I took a fight again right away, 5 week notice, OAM is a southpaw, I expect to be the better striking, find my range, or I can shoot in takedowns, my coach Brock Larson is a southpaw grappler, so I was built to beat wrestler grapplers, that's why I took the fight on 5 week notice, before I wasn't confident in my ability that's why I expending so much energy, so now I'm not forcing takedowns, I'm 2-3 years from my prime, no guy is going to pressure me like growing up with Brock Larson's game, I've been waiting to fight a grappler, I'm excited, I expect a finish, now I have Octagon confidence, weight cutting is tough, I would go to 165 is UFC had that, I'm 2-3 pounds over, but I'm healthy, I'll be just fine, my skillset is way above his, I'd rather fight an Orthodox fighter, but Brock is a southpaw, my right hand is my best weapon and that what beats a southpaw

5 weeks notice, great match up for me, only had 3 years of training when I joined the UFC, training in Boston Sityodtong, Case was moving around alot, it was hard to catch him clean, I plan to do alot of striking in this bout, normally I won't take fights on 5 week notice, because I'm so big, but I believe the matchup is heavily in my favor, on the feet I can let go, and grappling, I'm fully confident, it's nice that's he's going to try to take me down, everyone tries to avoid his grappling, I'll embrace the grappling, my best submissions are people shooting in on me, he's 5-1, I need to shut down his gameplan, done alot of back defense, but if he's on my back, I've always missed a few steps, I have a black belt, I can avoid and capitalize, we're a week out from being fully prepared, I think he'll start diving in when he feels my right hand, I can hurt him on the feet, make him take bad shots, I'll go forward, I'll sprawl and get a quick finish

Training footage

Looks like he got a new tattoo... or has he always had this

S9BBNSo.jpg

I've been training my whole life, judo at 6 years old, I'm the best fighter in the sport and I'm ready to prove that, not alot of guys want to fight me, I will put on a show

Training footage

Impose my pressure, alot of takedowns, BJJ, if I can't get takedown, I have to strike, i want to win the fight so bad

Spitz looked horrendous but still good enough to beat Hamilton
I feel so bad ragging on Hamilton--he trains at the same BJJ place as I do when he's in Seattle but my god he just ain't about that fight life. Nicest guy in the world but not a warrior.

The Combat Club wrestling coach Greg Jones has been great, hard work, nothing has changed in my training, I don't think there is any guy that can touch me, I know how I train, how I work, I asked for a higher fight, but this is what they gave me, I took no damage in my last fight, people wouldn't take the fight, I respect him, his BJJ, but this is MMA, we've worked what happens if I'm on my back, I've trained it all, I have no holes

For those who haven't seen it

I feel so bad ragging on Hamilton--he trains at the same BJJ place as I do when he's in Seattle but my god he just ain't about that fight life. Nicest guy in the world but not a warrior.

Serious? In what way

I hope we get a good price on Alves. He looked surprisingly good against Cote, and Perry is wayyyyy overhyped. Even Ellenberger was having success against him before his chin said SEE YA.

Perry on MMA Hour right now. Said he was in a car accident on May 25th, had a couple of herniated discs and swallowed a piece of metal. Then had stomach issues from swallowing the piece of metal - throwing up blood etc. Says that he is in good shape now though (weighs 175lbs).

Perry on MMA Hour right now. Said he was in a car accident on May 25th, had a couple of herniated discs and swallowed a piece of metal. Then had stomach issues from swallowing the piece of metal - throwing up blood etc. Says that he is in good shape now though (weighs 175lbs).
Pretty sure this moron also said it took him awhile to go to the hospital. Just lol

I hope we get a good price on Alves. He looked surprisingly good against Cote, and Perry is wayyyyy overhyped. Even Ellenberger was having success against him before his chin said SEE YA.

Mhmm.. looked good against Cote who had his ass out the door

Perry will land on Alves and I don't know if he will take it well, and no im not a platinum meme boy, I'm just a boy who likes money

If perry had a hard time cracking Jouban he will probably have a tough time with Alves.

Saggo will probably be a big dog. Might be worth a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back