UFN 116 PBP/Discussion

I really think Rockhold is the best fighter in the MW division. BUUUUUUUT Jesus Christ!!!! Nearly any fighter can go for broke standing and they really do have a shot. Not sure it's chin or if it's the fact he freezes like he just saw Adeline Byrd naked riding a Sybian machine in the middle of the cage when he gets hit

He literally cannot fight backing up. He's been around too long to think he's all of a sudden gonna realize that if you back up straight and keep your hands low you are gonna eat bombs.

He's an absolute beast grappler, and when he can dictate the fight he's a nightmare to deal with. But his striking fundamentals just suck. You are spot on when you say he freezes when fighters "go for broke" against him. But the crazy thing he does it BEFORE he even gets hit! Basically when there's any sort of forward aggression against him he panics and has no idea how to deal with it. When HE is the one moving forward, throwing body kicks, and hunting the TD, he's amazing. When he's forced to deal with aggression, he looks like a regional guy.

I really enjoyed this event - on paper it didn't look like much of a card to me but that's the beauty of this sport - almost anything can happen and tonight I thought it was outstanding entertainment. Didn't have a bet on but enjoyed it more than a lot of the events I have won money on.

Branch's gameplan was great. Go forward, give Luke no room for kicks, when he gets him to the cage make him work. Rockhold was looking very tired considering it was only the 2nd round. Branch blew it when he gave up double underhooks.
As soon as he hit the double unders and branch didn't look to fight out of it I knew he was in trouble. Gave up mount so easily.

Shouldn't have been so greedy and took the -240 on Luke after round 1. I wanted to see how he would look in round 2. Figured he might slow down

He literally cannot fight backing up. He's been around too long to think he's all of a sudden gonna realize that if you back up straight and keep your hands low you are gonna eat bombs.

He's an absolute beast grappler, and when he can dictate the fight he's a nightmare to deal with. But his striking fundamentals just suck. You are spot on when you say he freezes when fighters "go for broke" against him. But the crazy thing he does it BEFORE he even gets hit! Basically when there's any sort of forward aggression against him he panics and has no idea how to deal with it. When HE is the one moving forward, throwing body kicks, and hunting the TD, he's amazing. When he's forced to deal with aggression, he looks like a regional guy.

Yea. He literally freezes before a punch lands. I really thought he was gonna get KOd again

Teddy Atlas straight going berserk on Sportscenter

How do we settles this bet with book? submission or tko?
I would say submission.

It said it on the screen

Rockhold wins via submission (tap to strikes)

I would say submission.

It said it on the screen

Rockhold wins via submission (tap to strikes)
I know but how do we argue with the book, what authority site should I use?

This is the 1st time I see sherdog graded: TKO (Submission to punches)
usually sherdog graded: submission (submission to punches) ..wtf.

The books usually have rules on how they grade. Have you checked their rules?

I'd wait to see how UFC.com lists it. They still haven't updated the fight results.

Sherdog has it a tko
Tapology has it a sub
wikipedia has it a sub
junkie has it a sub

5dimes has changed my Luke by submission bet from a loss to a win<Goldie11>

It wont be graded as a sub imo. That is a tko.

In the past books have graded taps to strikes as subs. It might be different now considering it's been so long since it happened. Sherdog has it listed as TKO (submission to punches). So I guess it's probably going to go down as a tko.

How do we settles this bet with book? submission or tko?

rules might vary from book to book but, almost all of them go by whatever bruce buffer reads at the decision. if they graded it a tko it shouldn't of been really. check their rules, call them out on their bullshit. they can't redefine the word submission unless they specifically state more precise terms.

It's 100% a sub win. Feel bad for anyone who had the KO prop, the ref was just about to step in

Thanking Jesus that Branch tapped to strikes, but a 1.5u play on Gillespie sub @ +900 put me positive for the night all the same. My book paid out my Sub and Sub2 props, but mma tips is recording a sub pick as a loss.

Luke/Whittaker +100/+100, who you guys take and for how much?
Definitely leaning Whittaker. Rockhold's proactive TD game isn't great, though I think Rockhold absolutely eats him if he ever gets top control with more than a min remaining in a round.

FOTN appropriately to gonzalez-gillespie

POTN to perry and hall

^^ wow. how's perry get it over usman?

Back