UFN 115 - Struve vs Volkov - Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on my picks:
Barbarena (insane odds, always underrated, I think it's a close matchup, Edwards is inconsitent)
Till (he is a really good fighter, simply better than Bojan who should be 1-3 in ufc(bad decisions in previous fights, only Musoke was a win and he was about to lose 30-27)
Reneau - solid, experienced fighter, had full camp against weak opponent with short camp
Taisumov - both guys had layoff, Silva is the same level as the guys Taisumov destroyed in ufc, I was looking forward to Makachev vs Taisumov, but...
Prazeres- better fighter, bigger, longer camp, I think he dodm't make weoght to feel more comfortable, should be beneficial)
Bahadurzada - longer camp, fought better competion, trains under Greg Jackson, both guys had layoffs, Bahadurzada longer, but...
Wilkinson faced terrible competition and I almost never trust guys with perfect records.

Taisumov -- Although I do favor him to get the job done, his line seems too expensive to me considering that he leaves himself open to counters at times. I wouldn't be shocked to see him get clipped during an over-aggressive exchange.

Bahadurzada -- The fact that he is moving up to 185 lbs is my main concern in this one. He will probably be able to to weather the early storm and turn the tide as the fight goes on, but he's not a guy that I'd be comfortable playing as a favorite.

The rest I like and I'm on some of the same fighters myself. Till may be overpriced but I do think he'll get the job done in the end. Probably a 29-28 type of decision.

For anyone who can translate

Camp is going very well, beginning of June I went to Florida to focus. Before that I spend my time in the Netherlands just to get my shoulder 100%. 2/3 months after surgery I started S&C/pads training again which went very well. Transitioning from recovery to training and sparring went very smoothly. Preparation went well; cardio is good, feeling good. The few months (recovery) actually felt quite good. Says he went with Henri Hooft to Florida after split-up of Blackzilians. His team did not change much, apart from 1 coach. About the split-up: it is what it is.

Interviewer: you fighting someone that uses his length normally, do you expect him to change up his gameplan now? Struve: he has to, he never fought someone like me, I’m the best standing fighter he ever fought, the best grappler he ever fought. I worked hard on my wrestling so I’m gonna surprise him with that. I’m also the tallest fighter he has ever fought. If I look at his opponents, I’m the best opponent he’s ever faced. If I just do my thing 2nd of September, I will just be on another level.

About Schilt helping Volkov: surprised me, thought maybe the pics were maybe from a while ago. I don’t think it really gonna help him, the few months together. Schilt maybe could show him so fun things but he’s not really a MMA-fighter. I have a very good tall sparring partner myself, 2.01 tall, Steve Maui or something? Upcoming fighter but high level already, perfect sparring partner. Fought multiple times against taller fighter: I’m from the Netherlands (where everybody is tall), so from my youth I’m sparring with tall people.

Says Des Green (training partner) accidentally slammed someone KO during camp. Thinks the winner of his match with Volkov will get a big fight and will be pretty close to a title shot. Says Miocic might wanna take revenge, and he’s ready for that. Says he can take on anyone, feels 100%, feels like his best years gonna come now, problems with health are over, feeling confident. Somewhere next year his contract expires, hopes he will stay with UFC but will keep all options open. Says UFC always supported him.

Prediction: won’t go 5 rounds, I will finish him standing or on the ground. Probably 1st or 2nd round.

For anyone that can translate

Struve:
Feeling good. Nice to rep the Netherlands. Didn’t prepare any different from normal. We always train every facet of the game, not really believe in training camps focused solely on the kind of opponent, but of course also did train on some small things specifically for this matchup. His length will only give me more openings, nice style match-up, he will have more trouble with my length than I will with his. He’s a very good tactical fighter, I first have to feel him out so probably won’t win under a minute, but definitely expect I will get the finish. I can finish him standing or on the ground.

Conclusion on Struve from the 2 interviews: feels very good, confident, feels like he's in his prime now. Thinks he's on another level, that the fight won't go 5 rounds, but the start might be slow (feeling out his opponent). No preference for sub or ko.

Bahadurzada:
Fighting in the Netherlands feels like homecoming. Dutch people aren’t easy to entertaining but I will do my best and hope I will entertain them. What he knows about his opponent: he’s 1 meter 88 tall, so I have to step 1 meter 88 cm backwards when he drops to the ground. Change of opponent did not influence him, always prepare for a complete MMA fight. Does watch tape on his opponent, but does not really focus on his opponent. I know his strengths and weaknesses, but I know my strengths also which I will focus on. After this match I want a top-10 opponent.

Last edited:
Will be posting thoughts as I tapewatch today

Santiago vs Zabit -- Zabit is over priced and over hyped right now, but still Santiago only worth very small bet if anything. Leaves himself too open for counters when attacking, but if he stays in Zabit's face with offense which I think he will he will negate a lot of what makes Zabit's game work (mainly those kicks at range and his patience finding the distance and timing and sniping).

Rakic vs Barroso -- I mean, who the fuck knows. Rakic fights rarely and its all in a ring. I can see the potential for him to win, but idk if I see enough of it considering those two x-factors. Goddammit another shit fight for betting.

EDIT o1.5 -145 is very tempting though.....

EDIT AGAIN ok 1u on that over cause in every fight available of Rakic he never initiates. He moves backwards the entire time and waits for the opponent to come to him to start his offense. That leads me to believe this will allow Barroso to stare since hes not going to initiate very much. Only way over doesn't hit is Barroso gets leveled early and calls it a day but from what i'm seeing ill take that risk

Last edited:
Praz vs Burnell -- Burnell looks good vs bums, I give him that. Hard to completely write him off based on those performances, and the line is maybe becoming a little too wide. I will play Praz dec and the over small though.

EDIT 1u on the over, fuck it

God fucking damn it, just arrived on holiday to Croatia .. went to play some props/parleys and Croatia has some fuckin gambling laws that dont allow my bookies!! Any suggestions? Ffs haha

Praz vs Burnell -- Burnell looks good vs bums, I give him that. Hard to completely write him off based on those performances, and the line is maybe becoming a little too wide. I will play Praz dec and the over small though.

EDIT 1u on the over, fuck it

Burnell has crazy good bjj. But Prazeres pretty much matches him there, will be bigger, stronger, and he's far more well-rounded. Burnell does look good vs bums but he's out of his league here

God fucking damn it, just arrived on holiday to Croatia .. went to play some props/parleys and Croatia has some fuckin gambling laws that dont allow my bookies!! Any suggestions? Ffs haha

On a PC/ MAC Download a VPN or use a proxy site in the browser/

Burnell has crazy good bjj. But Prazeres pretty much matches him there, will be bigger, stronger, and he's far more well-rounded. Burnell does look good vs bums but he's out of his league here
Idk what sort of rank Burnell holds in BJJ, but you saying that is confidence increase on the over. Hope for a hugging match or for Burnell to just move around a lot on the feet and get away

Taisumov vs Silva -- Forgot Silva is the guy who fought Campbell. Anyways, pass.

Idk what sort of rank Burnell holds in BJJ, but you saying that is confidence increase on the over. Hope for a hugging match or for Burnell to just move around a lot on the feet and get away

Someone earlier mentioned he received his blackbelt in 3 years under Chris Haueter. But I agree with you on the over. Unless Prazeres gets a KO I see him dominating the fight but not getting a finish easily

Siyar vs Wilkinson -- uuuhhhh i'm guessing Wilkinson had a full camp vs the 1-2 guy, and he gassed before the end of round 1 and was getting pieced up at points by that bum. Even gassed vs this Daniel guy who is also a bum and he was having his way with him. His offensive wrestling also looks horrid.

2u Siyar

4300 Till -200

1200 Volkov -120

500 Barroso +110

500 Barberena +225

500 Green +255

reneau SUB +481
reneau RD3 +850

hitting both.

Thanks buddy but unfortunately all i have is my phone this time around haha
What sites do you use? I was just in Dubrovnik for a week, and had no problems with betting. Pinnacle and a few smaller ones worked just fine.

evilov-mihajlovic won't start rd 2 -137
magomedsharipov-santiago wont' start rd 3 -153
holbrook sub +285?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back