UFN 115 - Struve vs Volkov - Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's interesting that Struve says he trains a lot with very tall guys. Maybe that's why he uses his range so ineffectively, because he's used to guys who don't have deal with it as much.
These dutch are fucking tall man....i was once in the netherlands and many women were towering me and i am 181cm or 5 11.

@AmericanBeauty Lol, I'm Dutch, but I'm just a 176 cm 32-years old guy....my wife is 170cm. So it doesn't count for all :) But ok, the average is 'high'.

I think it's interesting that Struve says he trains a lot with very tall guys. Maybe that's why he uses his range so ineffectively, because he's used to guys who don't have deal with it as much.
This could be an advantage against Volkov.
Volkov is also very tall and 2m.
Plus he has the grappling advantage.
I will pass this fight...considering strufes chin

feel bad for Burnell not only does he get a super hard debut fight now he is up against a cheater too hwo obviouly did not even try to make weight

any thoughts on how Prazeres looked - healthy or sick?

Till looks in the best shape ive seen him in looks great.

Praz looks fine clearly gave up before it got too tough. Mads is a small lw normally fights at fw size difference gonna be big

I forgot about weigh-ins and thought you were saying he's now at -159

Damn, but I still think he should win

i think its an advantage for him. he was one of the first to weigh-in so he obviously he gave up early so he did not have to drain himself

Jumped on Prazeres 1.33. Also on Barbarena 3.5, Green 3.5, Santiago 4.36 and Siyar 1.74.

Barbarenas and Greens lines are pure madness.

feel bad for Burnell not only does he get a super hard debut fight now he is up against a cheater too hwo obviouly did not even try to make weight

first offense should be 25 percent cut in pay to the opponent. second 50 percent and third one year suspension or higher weight class.

straight-out cheating and gaming the system

Oliveira/Reneau O2.5 is 1.80, this is crazy for an WMMA, what have i missed?

Short notice, experience/skill gap, plus statistically 2 out of Reneau's 3 UFC wins were inside the distance while Talita finished 4 out of her 5 wins, albeit against lower level fighters. Personally I think Reneau has a good shot at a stoppage in this one and have a play on the under at small plus money.

talita look bad on the feet to me. gonna be shooting takedowns. one mistake and reneau will have a sub locked up fast. short noticed , inexperienced, big jump up in class. v good chance she gets caught here

Thoughts on my picks:
Barbarena (insane odds, always underrated, I think it's a close matchup, Edwards is inconsitent)
Till (he is a really good fighter, simply better than Bojan who should be 1-3 in ufc(bad decisions in previous fights, only Musoke was a win and he was about to lose 30-27)
Reneau - solid, experienced fighter, had full camp against weak opponent with short camp
Taisumov - both guys had layoff, Silva is the same level as the guys Taisumov destroyed in ufc, I was looking forward to Makachev vs Taisumov, but...
Prazeres- better fighter, bigger, longer camp, I think he dodm't make weoght to feel more comfortable, should be beneficial)
Bahadurzada - longer camp, fought better competion, trains under Greg Jackson, both guys had layoffs, Bahadurzada longer, but...
Wilkinson faced terrible competition and I almost never trust guys with perfect records.

This will be the first card in a while that ill be tailing without watching tape. Too busy. Going to have to keep it modest..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back