UFN 114 PBP/Discussion | Page 48

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Aug 5, 2017.

1. SBJJ Black Belt

SBJJ
    Nice

Papi and ChoKuRei like this.
  2. ill800 Founder of Eugenics Society of Gambling

ill800
    It should've been a draw if rd1 was 10-8

Sergio didn't win rd5

EzFlyer likes this.
  3. Agent Mulder Brown Belt

Agent Mulder
    Yeah I know. Those bastards fucked me.

4. kushn4pushin Yellow Belt

kushn4pushin
  5. ill800 Founder of Eugenics Society of Gambling

ill800
    Two 48-46's

Should've been a majority draw

Rd4 was actually close but Pettis really didn't do much in rd 5 and was controlled most of the round

And those brutal door knockers he was landing...that's 10-8 stuff

6. Agent Mulder Brown Belt

Agent Mulder
    These judges made me a Trump supporter.

EzFlyer, Papi and LEMONZEST like this.
  7. iGnP Red Belt

iGnP
    No bet on the fight for me but Pettis landed two shots all round and Moreno was in an advantageous position for half the round. And Mexico

8. MMA Goodfella #Engaged + a Joe-Jitsu Piano Belt Capper

MMA Goodfella
    In front of the TV waiting for Game of Thrones S8

Oh please don't confuse it. I didn't mean it as it was one of the most dominating rounds I've ever witnessed. Or one of the most lopsided beat downs. However, the fact is, in round one Sergio landed like ZERO "significant" strikes and had his back taken for over four minutes. Brandon outlanded him by like 84% and had + 90% of control time.

Tell me what you think. Here is the exact rule from the ABC

Per the October 2015, the ABC’s MMA Rules Committee

The newly effective Unified Rules judging criteria takes a major leap forward in providing detailed guidance as to what makes up a 10-8 round.

2017 Criteria for 10-8 Rounds A 10-8 Round in MMA is where one fighter wins the round by a large margin. A 10-8 round in MMA is not the most common score a judge will render, but it is absolutely essential to the evolution of the sport and the fairness to the fighters that judges understand and effectively utilize the score of 10-8. A score of 10-8 does not require a fighter to dominate their opponent for 5 minutes of a round. The score of 10-8 is utilized by the judge when the judge sees verifiable actions on the part of either fighter. Judges shall ALWAYS give a score of 10-8 when the judge has established that one fighter has dominated the action of the round, had duration of the domination and also impacted their opponent with either effective strikes or effective grappling maneuvers that have diminished the abilities of their opponent.

There are two important criteria's. Here is where it gets weird.

Dominance
    As MMA is an offensive based sport, dominance of a round can be seen in striking when the losing fighter is forced to continually defend, with no counters or reaction taken when openings present themselves. Dominance in the grappling phase can be seen by fighters taking dominant positions in the fight and utilizing those positions to attempt fight ending submissions or attacks. Merely holding a dominant position(s) shall not be a primary factor in assessing dominance. What the fighter does with those positions is what must be assessed.

Duration

Duration is defined by the time spent by one fighter effectively attacking, controlling and impacting their opponent; while the opponent offers little to no offensive output. A judge shall assess duration by recognizing the relative time in a round when one fighter takes and maintains full control of the effective offense. This can be assessed both standing and grounded.

So to me by the rules Brandon scored a 10-8 round. The only debate lies in this kind of ambiguous wording: Merely holding a dominant position(s) shall not be a primary factor in assessing dominance.

So I don't think Brandon was just holding Sergio down, it looked to me as if he was trying multiple times for the rear naked choke....You?

Tebowned and Agent Mulder like this.
  9. rev0lver Orange Belt

rev0lver
    Made my first $1k profit tonight! Only missed on bravo and jouban. Good thing the bravo fight is the only one I randomly hedged lol

LEMONZEST, EzFlyer and Agent Mulder like this.
  10. Wardoom White Belt

Wardoom
    Price ITD / Grasso / Pettis parlay $600 for $5740. Pretty happy!!

raketmannen, kushn4pushin and susanto like this.
  11. MMA Goodfella #Engaged + a Joe-Jitsu Piano Belt Capper

MMA Goodfella
    Awesome bro! That will really help you build your bankroll up in the future now that you can risk higher units. I came out on top but would have killed it if all three SDs had broke my way rather than towards the bookies. Ugh! Had Evans, Randa and Souk all in my underdog list. However, I just bet them for action and not putting anything substantial down so it doesn't really matter.
    My only true bets of the night were Sergio and Evans.

Anyhow, glad you had a great night bro!

rev0lver likes this.
  12. NinjaCat456 Blue Belt

NinjaCat456
    Well done man. Saw your two main parlays in the bets thread and I'll be honest I didn't like the look of them lol. Glad you're back on track.

ChoKuRei likes this.
  13. Papi Blue Belt

Papi
    My friend came over at the beggining of ME so i was a little distracted but from what i saw i only had moreno up in the first rd even if you give him 10-8 what other rd do you give moreno?

14. rev0lver Orange Belt

rev0lver
    Thanks! I'm still new to this but I'm starting to feel more confident in my analysis of fights. Went 5 for 5 this weeks contender series and almost perfect tonight. Feels good that I can take a chunk of this for my pocket and a chunk for later bets

15. Agent Mulder Brown Belt

Agent Mulder
    I'm the ultimate troll. Turning a UFC PBP thread into a Trump vs Hilary debate.

<JonesLaugh>

Joseph Budden and Papi like this.
  16. MMA Goodfella #Engaged + a Joe-Jitsu Piano Belt Capper

MMA Goodfella
    Yeah, we won't make it political, but I'm not a progressive shill and realize look dumb assery of both sides. But dude, he such a lying fuck. Go read his wall street journal Op-.Ed LOL it literally reads like a skit from SNL. The thing with Trump is that he just lies so goddamn much. I understand taking a wrecking ball to the political system, but man, sometimes you have to tell the truth. Like saying that he won the popular vote. Saying the other day that he won New Hampshire. Saying that Mika Brezinski had plastic surgery so bad her face was all bloody with those pictures to show the opposite. . Telling his fanatics that he's going to build a wall and Mexico will pay for it, as that's simply not possible. It's just one after the other after the other after ....

Trust me, I tried giving him a benefit of the doubt. I live in West Virginia, this state is more loyal to Trump there any in the nation. So obviously I'm not some liberal hippie from San Francisco lol. My family is in the coal business, my brother-in-law is a police officer, uncle a is a 30 year member Lt Co of the US Air Force, etc.

And his supporters, man, at some point it's looking like a cult. Like, no matter what he does or says it's the medias fault. He does nothing wrong. Literally nothing. However the world can you say Ted Cruz father was connected to the JFK murder and then consider him for a place in the cabinet LOL it's crazy!

I really wish that he would stop tweeting too as it is just beneath the dignity of the office he holds. Like you said though, I digress. You can always p.m. me so we can I have a back-and-forth lol

17. Tony J Orange Belt

Tony J
    I thought Randa did much better than I expected. Basically if she didn't do that head and arm throw she would have won R1 and the fight. When she shot, she had success and Randa really should implement that into her game more. If she does she wins more fights.

I did well, thanks! 3/4 books profited thanks to Grasso, and while one other did as well I blew that live-betting the main event finishing ITD. So, overall a good bounce back night but I have to step away from live-betting as it hasn't been a successful venture for me. Seriously researching temporary website blockers.

Yourself?

18. MMA Goodfella #Engaged + a Joe-Jitsu Piano Belt Capper

MMA Goodfella

Happy with yourself lol

Papi likes this.
  19. EzFlyer Senior Moderator

EzFlyer
    your first joke was in good taste

everyone: no actual political opinions, please. deleting any further

Tebowned likes this.
  20. Agent Mulder Brown Belt