UFN 109 - Gus vs GT - Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
how does silva win this fight? he's mediocre on the feet and unlikely to get taisumov down.

He's a clear dog, but if there's a path to victory ( ground game ) and the other guy is too juiced, it might be worth a stab

He's a clear dog, but if there's a path to victory ( ground game ) and the other guy is too juiced, it might be worth a stab

i get the logic, but mairbek grew up as a wrestler - i don't think it's a likely outcome imo.

smith on the other hand to take down camozzi...

i get the logic, but mairbek grew up as a wrestler - i don't think it's a likely outcome imo.

smith on the other hand to take down camozzi...

I'll bet any living thing that knows how to shoot a double-leg against Camozzi

This. Not sure why Alhassan is such a favourite over a UFC veteran which lots of cage time after beating the biggest bum to ever fight in the UFC (Charlie ward). Haven't watched tape yet but wouldn't be surprised if Omari could survive round 1 then take over if Judo Thunder gasses it. Saying that, Omaris 4 losses have all came by TKO/sub, and I can't remember how good his chin is. But yeah so far I like dog odds on the experienced fighter.

His chin is terrible but its his defense that gets him koed all the time, i dont see him surviving 5 minutes if the fight stays on the feet, still AL hassan is so untested, has he ever fought a good grappler? Akmedov is damn good.

was Taisumov injured? I'm watching tape and just realized he hasn't fought for over a year.

Gus was -175 yesterday now at -270, same thing with Masvidal being +120 then the next day at -120.
Really wouldnt be surprised if he ends up at -350 just like Masvidal got to like -190.
Really need to hurry on this lines, people used to wait till 3 days before to make the big line shift now its coming very early, and really snowballing too, its like people keep betting it even at their shitty price.

Gus vs Glover analysis:

Gus back issues seemed to force him to brawl a lot more vs Jan and i think thats what caused him to freeze infront of Cormier at times, he cant potshot anymore because he is not as fast so he ended up trading a lot more, i was impressed by Gus boxing in the pocket Jan wild rushes forced him to get into a brawl and but it was 50/50 on the inside, Gus got tagged on the outside because Jan would rush with 3 fast punches but they werent as hard because he was lunging.

Glover doesnt really rush like Jan unless he walks you to the fence first, in fact he does the same thing in every fight, slowly stalks you then counters you if you throw jabs or shoots if you throw with power, when he cant wrestle he gets really predictable like he did vs Jones and Bader.
Still i believe Glover is slow enough to let Gus potshot like in his prime, i think this is the most likely scenario, Gus finds his range and eventually kos Glover because unlike Glover's past opponents he can actually do decent damage vs a wrestler that pressures him, enough to stop a declined Glover.

Glover has a more complicated path to victory, its gonna be hard for him to get a ko early here, unless Gus decides to trade hooks with him, however he is a lot stronger than Gus and if his chin can survive until the third he can get Gus down and really do some damage, or force Gus to trade with him. Either way if we go to the third round with Glover still in there things are gonna get really really ugly for Gus, his tecnique badly deteriorates and he is just gonna get mauled if Glover has more in the tank.

Im confident about Gus ability to stop Glover early, however what if he doesnt? what if Glovers bob and weave that got him killed vs Rumble and badly hurt vs Bader manges to stiffle Gus offense? then he probably beats him up late or even finishes him. I'd be absolutely shocked if Glover goes and sleeps Gus, if he wins is gonna be a dragged out beatdown like vs Cummins and OSP.

I will Type IT again, dont bet against Stasiak. No much value in that plus Stasiak can win again as the dog.

Last 2 fights seem to be nowhere on the internet, Hail Mary attempt to find them by tweeting him asking if they're anywhere to be found

His third from last fight from 8 months ago is on there. Doubt much has changed since then. I think i know all i need to know!

Took some time to read up on Enkamp.

MMA-Panelen: (about 2 months ago, 36 min in)

• Started Karate as soon as he could walk, traveled all over Europe competing as a kid, got into the Swedish youth team at 17 and started doing Muy Thai.
  • Started doing submission grappling when he saw that Machida did well in MMA, started doing shoot fighting and took amatour fights before pro debute.
  • Doing MMA full time, teaches at his families MMA center on free time.
  • Used to be a fairly good break dancer.
  • His brother moved to Japan and they both trained with the Japanese national team in Karate.
  • Was supposed to do TUF but got injured. They seemed to like him.
  • Trained at Tristar and Machida. Had dinner in Machidas house after training with Chico before some Bellator fight. Lyoto's manager asked him what he wanted to do and Enkamp pointed at a TV-screen with a Bellator fight and the manager said that ”I think UFC might be better for you”.
  • Sparred a fair bit with Rory and some with GSP.

Other stuff:

• 9-0 Amateur record.
  • Also been to ATT, Brazilian Top Team, BJ's gym in Hawai etc.

Took some time to read up on Enkamp.

MMA-Panelen: (about 2 months ago, 36 min in)

• Started Karate as soon as he could walk, traveled all over Europe competing as a kid, got into the Swedish youth team at 17 and started doing Muy Thai.
  • Started doing submission grappling when he saw that Machida did well in MMA, started doing shoot fighting and took amatour fights before pro debute.
  • Doing MMA full time, teaches at his families MMA center on free time.
  • Used to be a fairly good break dancer.
  • His brother moved to Japan and they both trained with the Japanese national team in Karate.
  • Was supposed to do TUF but got injured. They seemed to like him.
  • Trained at Tristar and Machida. Had dinner in Machidas house after training with Chico before some Bellator fight. Lyoto's manager asked him what he wanted to do and Enkamp pointed at a TV-screen with a Bellator fight and the manager said that ”I think UFC might be better for you”.
  • Sparred a fair bit with Rory and some with GSP.

Other stuff:

• 9-0 Amateur record.
  • Also been to ATT, Brazilian Top Team, BJ's gym in Hawai etc.

Interesting that he's trained at Tristar. This is a massive step up in competition and he's going to drown.

Real bad news guys. The FOTY candidate that we were all looking forward to witnessing has been cancelled.

Colombo and Grabowski are both injured and their fight is off.

<{boneytears}>

Yea I'm a fan of Talib and I did not have Enkamp pegged as one of the better upcoming Swedish guys but I do think he's fairly good. Also thinking he's better then I thought.

That said, apparently he got hand picked to spar with Rory before the wonderboy fight while he lived there so I guess they know enough about him to consider it a fairly safe match up.

Also worth mentioning was that he was offered a place in the TUF house and was only a little bit busted up, but his coach/manager told him that he's young and should do a good first impression on the UFC so we can probably assume he's in fairly good shape if he accepted this.

Planning to finish my parlays with Gus who is at 1.50 right now. Any chance last minute money comes in on Gus? Can hedge with Glover nicely when he goes over 3.0.

Edit NVM Gus already at 1.42 LOL.

Last edited:
Real bad news guys. The FOTY candidate that we were all looking forward to witnessing has been cancelled.

Colombo and Grabowski are both injured and their fight is off.

<{boneytears}>
Fuck NO are you kidding me? Wanted to make some money of Grabowski.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back