UFN 109 - Gus vs GT - Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't see the difference between that and any other legal move on the ground? Have anyone ever gotten their knee wrecked by those kicks?
Does the name Rampage come to mind? Also are you defending shoulder cranks because your name is shoulder? Do you have a thing for shoulders?

Last edited:
Does the name Rampage come to mind? Also are you defending shoulder cracks because your name is shoulder? Do you have a thing for shoulders?

So one guy in the history of the UFC got injured by it and you wanna ban the move? Do you hate the move cause it's not named Nick-crank? It's the same as people arguing for not allowing elbows on the ground cause they cause cuts, even though that very rarely happens.

If you ban the oblique kick you kinda have to ban heel hooks and knee bars too.

So one guy in the history of the UFC got injured by it and you wanna ban the move? Do you hate the move cause it's not named Nick-crank? It's the same as people arguing for not allowing elbows on the ground cause they cause cuts, even though that very rarely happens.
Did I say it should be banned? I said it's dirty but allowed. Most mma fighters think oblique kicks should be banned though. It's not allowed in my mma dojo. And how many fighters use oblique kicks compared to those that don't? Very few use oblique kicks

You can always tap before the damage is done but cranking shoulder unexpectedly or using oblique kicks gives no opportiunity to tap.

Yea I'm adding a bit more to Bojangles here. I don't get this line *at all*

Musoke has always been a gasser. And he's been m.i.a. for what 28 months? Only fighting cause it's in Sweden.

Im stabbing at velickovic Rd 3 +2000 and sub +940 in addition to a moderate dog play on the moneyline and some bojan nsc +127

I dont like over under props at all except Jack/Alex O2,5 @1.57 and Munhoz vs Stasiak U2,5 @1.96. as ez pointed out pedro has 3 finishes in his last 4 against much better competition than Stasiak so I like this line.
Considering Gus vs Glover to go distance @2.75.
Any elite props i am missing?
Camozzi/smith over opened i think -135 and i advocated it hard multiple times when it was in the -1xx'es. It's now -245.

Jon's been the only one thats tried the move. So you could say it has a 100% injury rate :p

In all likelihood its probably not a move available to most guys. Jon's freakishly long arms, strength, and fight IQ made it possible for him but I wouldn't worry about it at all until we actually start seeing it happen regularly.

And punches, Alvey got his jaw broken and he almost decided to retire during the healing period, career-ending potential confirmed. And high kicks, those things could kill someone, not to mention people throw them way too quick to tap out to, maybe it's possible if slower and softer thrown high kicks were enforced?

Akhmedov vs Alhassan
the talk of weak chinned grappler vs the dude who only ever gets r1 kos

Does this not remind anybody else of when Bamgbose fought Mutante? Everybody was on Bamgbose by ko, or the under. Bamgbose never landed and Mutante got the decision.

I haven't watched much tape on either yet, just saying this sounds familiar.

Funny card, Im heavy on alot of underdogs like I assume most of you are too. Omari, Hadzovic, Smith and Sobotta (only +103 but still), and small stabs on GT and Madadi. Also contemplating on stabbing Ayari. Most of my bets in MMA in general are dogs, because I cant/wont bother bet on openers because of limits and timezone, and the lines just widen every single time when overhyped prospects/wellknown guys get bet.

Hoping for a boring ass event where Camozzi, Alhassan and Silva get wrestlefucked for three rounds.

Why in the world was it a dirty move?
Yeah, never understand that. Why is oblique kick is dirty too?
Rampage said Jones is dirty, trying to hurt him ????? .....wtf. It is mma fight, you suppose to take your opponent life, only thing stopping you is the ref.

A shoulder crank to pop someone's shoulder out of place doesn't come across as dirty? It's within the rules so he has every right to do it though ,so I don't blame him. But its like the oblique kick, that move is probably the most controversial move in MMA. Many believe it should be banned because it directly targets the knee, and a knee injury could permanently end a fighter's career.
Totally agree. armbar break arm, kimura dislocate joint, kneebar pop knee, they should ban any move that hurt your opponent. They should made changes to the rules of engagement, so that grow man can only open hand bitch slap each other.

I remember that as well. It was effective for sure, but also dirty. Jones also played Glovers game that fight and stayed in the pocket with Glover.
What about Mir's shoulder lock on Pete Williams, do you consider that dirty as well?
mirlock.gif

Totally agree. armbar break arm, kimura dislocate joint, kneebar pop knee, they should ban any move that hurt your opponent. They should made changes to the rules of engagement, so that grow man can only open hand bitch slap each other.
What about Mir's shoulder lock on Pete Williams, do you consider that dirty as well?
mirlock.gif
I think you guys are missing the point. @King_Brown said it best, each man has a chance to tap out in those cases, if they don't that's their choice. With a shoulder crack or oblique kick you don't have a chance to tap, the damage is already done.

Musoke has always been a gasser. And he's been m.i.a. for what 28 months? Only fighting cause it's in Sweden.

Im stabbing at velickovic Rd 3 +2000 and sub +940 in addition to a moderate dog play on the moneyline and some bojan nsc +127
I have a little on Velickovic and if Musoke looks gunshy I'll lb more. He took a brutal beating from Tumenov.

I'd stick to the small long shot bets on Boj rather than any solid bets.

I actually really like Musoke here assuming he's back to form. He's way better everywhere. Better range striker, WAY better in the pocket and I think he might even be better on the ground. He's gassed in the past against top comp and Bojan hasn't faced anyone near that.

Bojan isn't much of a fighter to me and I think Musoke is. That'll be the difference.

@BobsyaUncle nice AV. I'm actually Cambodian. Gonna visit early next year.

I rewatched Musoke vs Yakovbum. Velic is a southpaw and very similar to Yakovlev. If 2015 Musoke shows up I see him winning 29-28 decision but who knows what kind of condition he is in. According to his instagram he has been training during the hiatus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back