UFN 106 - Belfort vs Gastelum - Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I favour Formiga over Borg for sure, think this is a grappler's delight. Fight ending in submission or decision is a small parlay play worthy imo.
Yeah Jussier should win this easily.Ppl hype Borg now because he raped Smolka. Smolka is technically really good but lacks of psychical strength and athleticism.

I was huge on means first time around i will take him again as fodder if hes juiced.

Someone mentioned barb slowing down. Watch tape on dariush he can slow down too. Watch chisea fight and his last fight pretty gassed in r3. Barb has better hands better kicks his quicker great tdd and dariush td's are not good. Dariush's hands consist of an overhand left and his kicks pretty much consist of a left body kick. Barb has far more variety. Dariush likea the plum but no way barb hangs around in there magomedov's fight iq was awful.

Gastelum is juiced but i will play him with barb. Vitor is 40 next month and gastelum ate woodley's right hand flush a few times and didnt even flinch.

Im keeping lee trinaldo thoughts to myself until line opens im paranoid.

I was huge on means first time around i will take him again as fodder if hes juiced.

Someone mentioned barb slowing down. Watch tape on dariush he can slow down too. Watch chisea fight and his last fight pretty gassed in r3. Barb has better hands better kicks his quicker great tdd and dariush td's are not good. Dariush's hands consist of an overhand left and his kicks pretty much consist of a left body kick. Barb has far more variety. Dariush likea the plum but no way barb hangs around in there magomedov's fight iq was awful.

Gastelum is juiced but i will play him with barb. Vitor is 40 next month and gastelum ate woodley's right hand flush a few times and didnt even flinch.

You can still get Barb+Gas for like +107. Steal.

Barb+Gastelum+Formiga+Means for that parlay.

Gonna toss in a few more for a smaller amount of cash in several parlays. LB is the way im going forward with stabs at props for this event.

Inherently, that means you think Barboza is a steal at these odds?
Barboza has an iffy chin but he's way more technical than Dariush on the feet, the speedier fighter, and has hands. Dariush has that left kick to the midsection and legs and fights like he's an out fighter with that weapon. Imma watch more tape, but Dariush isnt going to win a battle on the feet and he isnt taking Barboza down that coupled with this fight being in Brazil where judges will give close rounds to Barb, yeah I favour Barb.

I capped Barboza at -180 a while back.

At -162, Barboza is parlay worthy to me. Barb + Gas is a parlay I did like a month back but can still be found for the same price. Really confident in this one honestly.

Barb+Gastelum+Formiga+Means for that parlay.

Gonna toss in a few more for a smaller amount of cash in several parlays. LB is the way im going forward with stabs at props for this event.

I havent gotten to tape on Formiga yet, but I'd like to hear your breakdown of why you're confident in Formiga. Do you feel he can reliably stop the shot?

I havent gotten to tape on Formiga yet, but I'd like to hear your breakdown of why you're confident in Formiga. Do you feel he can reliably stop the shot?

Ill make a write up with gifs etc but outside of Maia, Formiga is the one guy I wouldnt have on my back. Guy finds that position with ease.

i haven't watched tape yet but my initial lean was borg.

Don't wanna say anything cause everyone elses fear of talk before lines gives me fear on strong leans lol but i'm actually heavily favoring Borg dec. I was sooo impressed with his stand up improvements vs Smolka. Training with a real team now at Jackson's looked like a huge beneficial change. Think its conceivable his huge speed advantage and improvements give him the edge on the feet vs Formiga. Plus hes better wrestler imo which will be big, and I think he can control Form from on top

Barboza has an iffy chin but he's way more technical than Dariush on the feet, the speedier fighter, and has hands. Dariush has that left kick to the midsection and legs and fights like he's an out fighter with that weapon. Imma watch more tape, but Dariush isnt going to win a battle on the feet and he isnt taking Barboza down that coupled with this fight being in Brazil where judges will give close rounds to Barb, yeah I favour Barb.

I capped Barboza at -180 a while back.

At -162, Barboza is parlay worthy to me. Barb + Gas is a parlay I did like a month back but can still be found for the same price. Really confident in this one honestly.

Disagree about iffy chin. Yeah not the worlds greatest but he was never rocked by ferg felder or pettis. Castillo hits like a truck if he connects and barb recovered and won the fight. Dariush was ko'd by nijem.

Already on Beneil decison. That pressure, that Chute Boxe muay thai, the threat of tds and possible clinch control. I like this play, even if it looks like i'll be the only one on Benny

Not entirely alone on those thoughts, dariush has underrated MT from training with RDA, some nice body and low kicks and some nice accuracy with his hands, lets not forget he is a few levels up when it comes to the ground game too.

Benny sub or split d flyers I like.

Disagree about iffy chin. Yeah not the worlds greatest but he was never rocked by ferg felder or pettis. Castillo hits like a truck if he connects and barb recovered and won the fight. Dariush was ko'd by nijem.

Dude he got knocked down by a Cerrone Jab. IIRC, Pettis didnt touch him properly with hands, and ferg hurt him on the feet with elbows.

Ill write up a long piece later in the week.

KO'd is an exaggeration.

Last edited:
Dude he got KO'd by a Cerrone Jab. IIRC, Pettis didnt touch him properly with hands, and ferg hurt him on the feet with elbows.

Yeah i dont know what happened with the jab lol but besides that i think talk of his chin being bad is unjustified its certainly not nelsonesque but its nowhere near mutante level for example either. Ferg didnt hurt him cut him up yeah but didnt hurt him. Ferg hurt thomson twice with elbows and thomson is tough as they come.

Dude he got KO'd by a Cerrone Jab. IIRC, Pettis didnt touch him properly with hands, and ferg hurt him on the feet with elbows.

KO'd? He was knocked down but far from out

KO'd? He was knocked down but far from out
I was exaggerating but the point still stands. He jabbed him, knocked him down to take the rnc.
Yeah i dont know what happened with the jab lol but besides that i think talk of his chin being bad is unjustified its certainly not nelsonesque but its nowhere near mutante level for example either. Ferg didnt hurt him cut him up yeah but didnt hurt him. Ferg hurt thomson twice with elbows and thomson is tough as they come.

Imma go watch tape again but I remeber cappng this a month or two back, Ill get back.

I was exaggerating but the point still stands. He jabbed him, knocked him down to take the rnc.

Imma go watch tape again but I remeber cappng this a month or two back, Ill get back.
Ill have to rewatch but didnt Felder hit him pretty hard a few times in their fight? I think id put more weight in that than a flash knock down on a seemingly weak punch TBH

Ill have to rewatch but didnt Felder hit him pretty hard a few times in their fight? I think id put more weight in that than a flash knock down on a seemingly weak punch TBH

Felder never really landed fully flush. Landed some decent punches and kicks, but nothing that stood out where you'd say "Wow can't believe that didn't hurt Barboza there..."

That said I do think Barboza's chin issues are overblown. Because Gil did hit him with solid shots late in that fight. So Barboza was already a bit tired, got hit clean, and still ate them. I realize Gil isn't a big puncher, but it still showed me that Barboza isn't some totally glass jawed guy that will crumble the first time someone lands clean on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back