UFN 105 - Lewis vs Browne - Halifax | Page 48

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Jan 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EzFlyer Senior Moderator

EzFlyer
    she pulled out of a fight recently, i think the juliana lima one.. and yes, she's championship material

HeDucking likes this.
  2. EzFlyer Senior Moderator

EzFlyer
    i like all of that

3. AffectEffect Orange Belt

AffectEffect
    Going large on Carla -3.5 is crazy imo. She wilts under pressure, she slows down big-time in the 3rd, she is fighting a Canadian in canada, and carla does little damage vs Carla shows a lot of damage in her fights. Maybe you think she can get a sub, but she isn't on Casey's level imo.

Markos ML and pray she fights smart here.

EzFlyer likes this.
  4. Ukram Silver Belt

Ukram
    Few thoughts on this card:

Felder-his power and control should look better, ricci was practically retiring before he got the ufc call.

Carla-yes she probably hugs here, but she did show she can land some pillow hammer fist enough to keep the judges happy to not get stood up.

Mcmann - sub prop, against a girl with 2 jobs, 3 weeks notice and beaten no one of worth and she was in africa last week promoting and helping her bro in his mma fight.

Cezar- better everywhere I reckon apart from his chin but he is defending it better and putting together good game plans to win. Theo could spam out his kicks here and make it close.

Gone off Ryan- no confidence from his interviews, expects meers to better on the ground yet he is a bjj black belt (apparently), originally felt his forward pressure may appear good in judges eyes.

Gone off marshman- but think marshman could get in range and brawl with a ko shot, still possible.

Hendricks/lombard, cezar/theo should be good live betting fights with some luck.

NinjaCat456 likes this.
  5. thesharktank Purple Belt

thesharktank
    There seems to be a critical mass of support for Cezar over Theodorou, but my gut is still siding with the Spartan.

Outside of the one event in Vancouver last year, I have found Canadian judging to be very friendly to Canadian fighters. I think Elias will be slightly more active on the feet, including tons of kicks from range. Coupled with his formidable chin I can see Elias walking down Cezar more often than not and getting the benefit of the doubt in the exchanges. I also give Elias the edge in Cardio.

The only way I can see Cezar incontrovertibly racking up points is if he can consistently take Elias down and control him. Elias' TDD (as per fightmetric: 41% yikes) leaves a lot to be desired. This is likely what hell be trying to do, but if Elias does stuff these attempts I think the judges will view this similar to DeRandamie / Holm and regard failed TD attempts as being unwilling to strike.

6. mkess101 Title incoming...

mkess101
    I only watched 3 of Markos fights prepping for this one and her wrestling sucked in those. If she's shown better wrestling in other fights, oops. Might have screwed myself.

7. Joseph Budden #GamblingTerrorist #BombTheLines #HijadTheBookies

Joseph Budden
    #Top10Ricci is born tonight

Ukram likes this.
  8. Xuh Black Belt

Xuh
    I got it slightly below 5 actually, coz it didn't open on UK books to late, so that just made me madder :mad: :p

9. Ukram Silver Belt

Ukram
    yeah its closest match, its a lovely prop missed in uk sadly

10. mkess101 Title incoming...

mkess101
    LOL y'all are making me nervous. Did I miss the fights where Randa showed any sort of ability to stop a TD or to get back up once taken down? Has she even faced anyone in the same league in terms of TD's and top control as Carla?

(I'm not asking that rhetorically, I honestly might have missed it. I only watched 3 of Randa's fights in prep for this and her wrestling sucks. I may have jumped the gun on that if there's examples that show otherwise that I missed).

11. TheFactor141 Yellow Belt

TheFactor141
    Where can I watch the undercard fights for this event that are not televised? I am located in the midwest USA.

I am watching the main card on FS1.

12. Joseph Budden #GamblingTerrorist #BombTheLines #HijadTheBookies

Joseph Budden
    Everything is on FS1 except Mystic Meer vs bum Janes which is on fight pass

13. AffectEffect Orange Belt

AffectEffect
    Randas grappling isn't terrible, the biggest issue is her fight IQ. Who can predict what these bicthes will do, maybe she holds on to a bad sub too long. But she has the skills to be able to scramble enough to nullify Carlas ground game enough to where her standing advantage could win her the fight, also the tendency for Carla to coast in the 3rd + hometown judging= taking the dog odds for me

14. MMA Goodfella #Engaged + a Joe-Jitsu Piano Belt Capper

MMA Goodfella
    In front of the TV waiting for Game of Thrones S8
    Yes, I think Ricci is possibly able to score more points and what good with activity then they often nonchalant Felder and as for Mutant and Theo, I just believe Cesar is going to have a tough time in the latter stages of the fight and his conditioning may not hold up.... if it becomes a war of attrition I favor Theo. I'd actually bet Cezar earlier in the week and my confidence has plummeted.

15. mkess101 Title incoming...

mkess101
    I guess my view was that as far as WMMA goes, Carla actually IS predictable. She knows what she does well, and doesn't try to do something else. And other than seeing Randa throw up a few sloppy sub attempts and give up positioning too easily, I didn't see anything that showed me she could stop Carla from controlling her.

But again, that's with maybe too limited an amount of tape watched on Randa. If I missed fights where she showed better grappling, it's my own fault then.

16. SBJJ Black Belt

SBJJ
    What do u think is gonna happen when Cezar is winning the stand up and then he gets the first takedown off a kick. Let's assume theo gets up(big assumption). Do you think theo will keep kicking after getting taken down? If he stops kicking what does that leave him?

17. MMA Gambling Expert #1

MMA Gambling Expert
    Ricci's one dimensional, he's a stiff pot shotting muay thai striker. I think Felder can win this on the feet easy and he could probably test out his grappling too.

Elias is overrated, Cezar is better everywhere, his chin is the only issue as it is in everyone of his fights, doubt Elias can capitalise though, all he does is kick and that's just gonna help him get taken down.

Stunna77 likes this.
  18. wack3d Silver Belt

wack3d
    i would not count on canada fighters getting the nod becourse of close rounds anymore.. sure it cant be a bad thing but i cant remember the last time we saw one/alot of bigtime hometown/country robberies? even in brazil where they used to be really biased we dont see that anymore at all

19. Stunna77 Green Belt

Stunna77
    Definitely possible, but I think Felder lands the harder shots and will mix in some TDs to win rounds. Also think the only advantages Theo has is volume and cardio, with Cezar holding an overall striking advantage, power advantage and pretty large wrestling/grappling advantage. I like Cezar to win a clear decision..

20. iGnP Red Belt

iGnP
    I'm okay w/ Hendricks v. Lombard but I am also okay w forgetting it if you don't feel strongly anymore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.