***UFC's official rankings are out!***

I wish they had 20 fighters instead of 11

barnett would tool at least half of that division.. shame that the ufc is "it" don't like the way this sport is going.

Boohoo. Cormier and Sergei are the only good fighters Barnett has faced in years. He ragdolled Sergei and then got smashed by Cormier. He's a great fighter, and he will be just outside the top 5 in the UFC. However, rankings should be based on recent, relevant wins and losses; not potential or skill level.

Once Mark Hunt disposes of Struve he will be top 10.

Am I the only one who just sees a message saying "rankings coming in february"?

The site worked fine for me. All I did in the OP is copy and paste info from the link. The page is pretty new. 30 minutes ago it didn't exist, and then I was looking around the UFC website and all of the sudden there it was. So it could be that they're just fixing stuff around as the page is only 30 minutes old

EDIT: I just checked the link and it's still working for me. I'm using Google Chrome, maybe that's why. It could be that it depends on the browser you're using?

They asked 90 to vote but just 27 replied?

No Chael Sonnen?

Shane Carwin top 10 despite no wins in three years!?!

Bisping 3rd and Munoz 5th?

I could go on...

what about Luke Rockhold who was a champ shouldn't he be at least 6 over Constantinos Philippou

So Barnett's not on the list because he hasn't signed yet.

Struve has no business in the top ten. He has no top ten wins and he lost to Browne and Nelson. He will earn it with a win over Hunt though.

Carwin's been out too long but if he hadn't been he'd easily be in front of Struve/Nelson with his demolition of Mir.

Placing Werdum is tricky for me. His embarrassing fight against Reem tarnishes him greatly for me but he beat Bigfoot. At this point I can't put Werdum ahead of Bigfoot but I can see why some would.

Werdum is getting the shaft from the UFC by facing two non top ten guys and an over the hill big Nog next. He could have been the #1 contender by now if given top opponents.

Awesome rankings! I don't agree with 100%, but damn near close. There will always be some debatable ones. I am glad that they have a panel to vote. I was skeptical about them creating a system, but it looks like so far they are doing it right.

Weidman at number 1 just looks very fucking strange.

I'm getting the impression that the only reason UFC has started "official" rankings is to justify title shots that seem a little iffy.

They know that people have been scratching their heads for a while at some of these headliner title fights.

I have always found rankings to be mostly arbitrary and useless for the most part (especially the "P4P"), but now I will keep a close eye on them just to see what Dana White is trying to justify selling us.

Last edited:
Three people above Edgar's in-weight ranking that aren't on the P4P list while he is?

WUT?!?

i think mark got us a sneak peak of the rankings, cause now when i click the link i get

http://media.ufc.tv/ads/rankings_placeholder.jpg

rankings_placeholder.jpg

Surprisingly good!

I'm getting the impression that the only reason Sherdog has started "official" rankings is to justify title shots that seem a little iffy.

They know that people have been scratching their heads for a while at some of these headliner title fights.

I have always found rankings to be mostly arbitrary and useless for the most part (especially the "P4P"), but now I will keep a close eye on them just to see what Dana White is trying to justify selling us.

Who should be one then

I agree with them for the most part but a few stand out for me.

MW- Munoz should be lower. Boetsch should be higher than Belcher. Bisping should be #4-5

LHW- Lil Nog is too high. He lost to both Bader and Phil davis, yet both are ranked below him. He beat a broken Rashad in one of the worst LHW fights in over a year. Shogun has only lost to 2 of the top 3 and the champ. The only ranked person Glover beat is Rampage who was at the very bottom. Davis and Teixeira are interchangeable at this point in ranks and would make a good fight in the future. I'd put it this way:
LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT
Champion : Jon Jones
1 Dan Henderson
2 Lyoto Machida
3 Alexander Gustafsson
4 Mauricio Hua
5 Phil Davis
6 Glover Teixeira
7 Ryan Bader
8 Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
9 Rashad Evans
10 Gegard Mousasi

I'm getting the impression that the only reason Sherdog has started "official" rankings is to justify title shots that seem a little iffy.

Dana already said he wont pay much attention to rankings.

Back