***UFC's official rankings are out!***

No WMMA... it make sence.
They are decent.

I'm surprised!

Tim Boetsch should be ranked ahead of Alan Belcher. Everything else seems fine to me.

Am I the only one who just sees a message saying "rankings coming in february"?

Solid rankings, though it's still an awful idea for the UFC to rank their own fighters.

Where on earth is Sonnen? He had the last title shot at MW, and has the next title shot at LHW. I understand that they might not know what weight class he plans to stay in, but that could also be said for Edgar and Vitor. Also, I'm thinking Jacare deserves to be top 10 at MW, but its no biggie. He'll soon twist a contender into a pretzel and take his rightful place.

Yea, I cant believe how good they are.

I also love how the champion is above the rankings

Same on both counts.

If you'd told me last year the ufc would release its own rankings AND I would agree with over 90% of it. I'd have probably asked you to pass whatever you're smoking to me.

Wild.

Edgar on the p4p list coming off of 3 losses is bizarre, and Chael Sonnen is nowhere to be found despite coming off of a title shot and about to get another one.

Pretty funny to see that Chael is not on any list..he is above the list :icon_chee

Good rankings......nothing to complain about

I think Carwin's a great guy, but a top ten heavyweight? Really? No wins since 2010, people.

Edgar on the p4p list coming off of 3 losses is bizarre, and Chael Sonnen is nowhere to be found despite coming off of a title shot and about to get another one.

he isnt a MW anymore and has 0 wins at 205, why would he be ranked anywhere?

Jake E. over Kampmman, Bisping too high, Tim B. too low. everything else is fine.

These are pretty damn good, I agree with almost all of it

Franklin McNeil has credibility? The guy is ignorant.

lets hope anderson accepts, though they really want cote or cung le

Now NOW!~ i don't even see Le on the list :mad: you know i know you smarter then that :icon_conf: my guy was trolling long before Chael :icon_lol:

what do you think about Alan Belcher at 9 it was first thing i saw

Where on earth is Sonnen? He had the last title shot at MW, and has the next title shot at LHW. I understand that they might not know what weight class he plans to stay in, but that could also be said for Edgar and Vitor. Also, I'm thinking Jacare deserves to be top 10 at MW, but its no biggie. He'll soon twist a contender into a pretzel and take his rightful place.

LOL. I guess the title shot is so gifted the media didn't think Chael cracked the top 10 LHW.

Will be funny to see the UFC promote challengers based on their rankings and ominously leave out Chael's LHW ranking when doing promotion.

I hope a media member asks him about it during the prefight press conference. Be interesting to see if he goes media bashing or knows not to bite the hand that feeds you (camera time).

http://www.ufc.com/rankings

Voting panelists: Neil Springer (Sun Media), Chris Palmquist (MixedMartialArts.com), James Koh (FOX 11 Los Angeles), Bob Emanuel (Scripps Howard News Service), Mark Daniels (Boston Herald), Steve Feiti (Asbury Park Press), Grant Gordan (Burbank Leader), Jeremy Botter (Houston Chronicle), Case Keefer (Las Vegas Sun), Ana Hissa (Mundo da Lut), Jeff Wagenheim (SI.com), Paulo Favero (O Estado de S Paulo), Anthony Springer Jr. (FightNews), Andreas Hale (FightNews), Marc Raimondi (NY Post), Joe Ferraro (Sportsnet), Marcelo Russio (Canal Combate), Brett Okamoto (ESPN.com), Franklin McNeil (ESPN.com), Guga Noblat (O Globo), Ken Pishna (MMAWeekly.com), Mike Johnston (Sportsnet), Marcelo Alonso (Portal do Vale-Tudo), John Silver (Chicago Sun-Times), Mario Filho (OSS TV), Claudia Lima (VIP), Damon Martin (MMAWeekly.com), Steve Cofield (ESPN Radio)

I can't believe Helwani isn't one of the voters.

Back