UFC's International Stars?

kennysux

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Now that the Choi hype train has been officially derailed, there is a new question that needs to be answered.

WME has paid billions for the UFC and it seems that Conor isn't paying ball. Right now, the UFC desperately needs international super stars.

I really think they shouldn't have fed Choi to the wolves this fast. The only Chinese rising star they have left is Li Jianlang. The Saitama Super arena is one of the largest in the world. They should be building more superstars over there. It is where martial arts started after all (Bruce Lee).

They are now pushing Francis Ngannou. I wonder how many fans the French Caribbeans have? Do they even have a large arena or a large MMA fan base? I feel like they are pushing him as their African American HW champ. I think Rampage Jackson was the most recent to be marketable. But not sure how marketable Francis Ngganou would be after he wins the HW belt.

What other countries have super stars lined up? Khabib for Russia? Russia is a populous country. One of the largest in the world. Why are they siding with Coner on this? Ireland population is 5 million and Russia is 200 million. When are they going to push these markets? When are they making a super fight in Russia? They talk about it but in really the UFC wants to have the fight in Las Vegas. Connor vs Khabib in Russia will be HUGE.

How many people in the US really watch UFC? They have been aggressively pushing PVZ on us. Not sure why and who they think she relates to. How many young women watch the UFC?

Thoughts?

Thoughts? You mean, other than Choi isn't Chinese but Korean, and Ngannou isn't French Caribbean OR African American but from the Republic of Cameroon? Nope.

She's not my cup of tea, but I'm pretty sure you can work out why they are pushing PVZ.

If they don't speak English and tell good knock knock jokes, ask them to come up with some catchy dance craze.

In TS' head, Bruce Lee invented martial arts in the Saitama Super Arena.

<mma4>

Kevin Lee, without irony. Charismatic young black man. Basically what Tyron could've been if he didn't pull the race and victim card.

Kevin Lee, without irony. Charismatic young black man. Basically what Tyron could've been if he didn't pull the race and victim card.

Kevin lee is not charismatic at all ... and he won’t ever be a big star.

Now that the Choi hype train has been officially derailed, there is a new question that needs to be answered.

WME has paid billions for the UFC and it seems that Conor isn't paying ball. Right now, the UFC desperately needs international super stars.

I really think they shouldn't have fed Choi to the wolves this fast. The only Chinese rising star they have left is Li Jianlang. The Saitama Super arena is one of the largest in the world. They should be building more superstars over there. It is where martial arts started after all (Bruce Lee).

They are now pushing Francis Ngannou. I wonder how many fans the French Caribbeans have? Do they even have a large arena or a large MMA fan base? I feel like they are pushing him as their African American HW champ. I think Rampage Jackson was the most recent to be marketable. But not sure how marketable Francis Ngganou would be after he wins the HW belt.

What other countries have super stars lined up? Khabib for Russia? Russia is a populous country. One of the largest in the world. Why are they siding with Coner on this? Ireland population is 5 million and Russia is 200 million. When are they going to push these markets? When are they making a super fight in Russia? They talk about it but in really the UFC wants to have the fight in Las Vegas. Connor vs Khabib in Russia will be HUGE.

How many people in the US really watch UFC? They have been aggressively pushing PVZ on us. Not sure why and who they think she relates to. How many young women watch the UFC?

Thoughts?
I've just highlighted where I think you're a dope.

• Choi is Korean.
  • Saitama is not in the top 10 largest arenas worldwide
  • Bruce Lee is not Japanese.
  • China is neither Korea nor Japan.
  • Bruce Lee did not start martial arts, nor was he Japanese.
  • We all know you're gaming with the black race stuff.
  • The number of people who identify as Irish far exceeds the population of Ireland.

I don't know what's worse.. This guy saying that Kevin Lee could be the next big star or that thread.. Holy shit

And wtf are up these days with people more interested in who can be the biggest PPV draw than the fighting aspect of the game? Who cares for that shit? I couldn't care less for who can carry the biggest market, money won't come to me anyway lol

GSP%20Jackson.gif

N'Gannou
McGregor
GSP
Meek
Hunt
Anderson Silva

And wtf are up these days with people more interested in who can be the biggest PPV draw than the fighting aspect of the game? Who cares for that shit? I couldn't care less for who can carry the biggest market, money won't come to me anyway lol

This is the most baffling thing about this place to me, is people worrying about what other grown adults are making to the point that they; actually want to break contracts so that people get paid for weighing in but refusing to fight, want more hype trains to avoid difficult matchups and fight cans to grow the sport in some country across the world they don't live in, worry about ppv numbers obsessively even though they likely stream the events, want to grow the sport so that more casuals watch who don't like it and don't understand it and don't care to. You're a fan of a niche sport, just accept it. We don't need mma to be the most popular and have the highest paid athletes in the world to enjoy it. It's not likely to happen anyway. Attempts to do so would be fake and exposed eventually anyway if you're going to go about it by faking how good a fighter is to garner attention from that fighters country.

This is the most baffling thing about this place to me, is people worrying about what other grown adults are making to the point that they; actually want to break contracts so that people get paid for weighing in but refusing to fight, want more hype trains to avoid difficult matchups and fight cans to grow the sport in some country across the world they don't live in, worry about ppv numbers obsessively even though they likely stream the events, want to grow the sport so that more casuals watch who don't like it and don't understand it and don't care to. You're a fan of a niche sport, just accept it. We don't need mma to be the most popular and have the highest paid athletes in the world to enjoy it. It's not likely to happen anyway. Attempts to do so would be fake and exposed eventually anyway if you're going to go about it by faking how good a fighter is to garner attention from that fighters country.
Not only that, but with MMA not paying like the top sports, we probably gonna have less situations where a clown holds his belt like Conor is doing instead of fighting. Money changed that man and could change more people aswell.

Back