UFC's deal to Ben Askren?

I think the UFC wanted him to become champion in WSOF to try to build a big fight with him. But at the time I believe Robbie was champion and they knew Askren would blanket him
Askren's last fight in Bellator was July 2013. GSP was still the champion at WW in the UFC. UFC wanted him to do what he did. Go away. He spent the remainder of his career fighting nobodies in One FC. His retirement fight was Aoki FFS. That guy is a FW.

I don't think that's enough of a proof, Askren seems like a prick aswell, they're 2 guys full of shit, but i'd side with Dana in that one, the guy choose to go to fucking ONE FC, come on..

You might be the first person ive seen defending Dana on here in years

But to be fair, can you not see Askrens point of view, he was 14-0 or around that, as well as being the Bellator WW champ with numerous defences, and Dana was saying he needs to prove his skills before he can come to the UFC, the same guy who signed CM Punk or 1-0 Brock? I dont think so

I respect Askren massively for telling Dana and his insane amount of bullshit to fuck off

You might be the first person ive seen defending Dana on here in years

But to be fair, can you not see Askrens point of view, he was 14-0 or around that, as well as being the Bellator WW champ with numerous defences, and Dana was saying he needs to prove his skills before he can come to the UFC, the same guy who signed CM Punk or 1-0 Brock? I dont think so

I respect Askren massively for telling Dana and his insane amount of bullshit to fuck off
I understand that, but i also understand what Dana was coming with, Askren had a close fight with Hieron, that GSP murdered, and Hieron lost twice when he fought at UFC after that Askren fight. Also outside Hieron, Askren fought nobody (Lima and Koreshkov were green asf, they weren't that good back then). So yeah i don't think it's that strange Dana asking him to prove himself at WSOF against Fitch or whoever. Then Askren got offended by that and went away..

Back