***#7 Ranked UFC Middleweight Robert Whittaker, Sherdog Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Q&A IS NOW OVER
*****This is a Q&A for UFC's #7 Ranked MW Robert Whittaker! This thread is NOW CLOSED. Remember to keep it clean & respectful otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Robert Whittaker is the UFC's #7 Ranked MW, TUF: The Smashes Winner, and is currently riding a 5 fight win streak including wins over the likes of Uriah Hall and Rafael Natal. He's the youngest ranked fighter in the UFC"s MW division and widely considered one of the brightest up and coming fighters in his division with his crisp boxing and one punch knockout power.

20130827024542_1DX_7103.JPG

Whittaker owns a 16-4 overall record & is currently riding a 5 fight win streak, undefeated since his move to MW. His streak is currently the longest in the division. He started his professional MMA career in 2007 & uses boxing as his primary weapon in wins over Uriah Hall and Rafael Natal among others. After moving to #7 in the UFC's official rankings, look for him to get a big step up in competition his next time out.

20150509102508_472814612.JPG

Follow him here:

Twitter: @RJWhittaker1990
Instagram: robwhittakermma
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/RobertWhittakerMMA

Last edited:
Hey @Robert Whittaker, first off thanks for beating Colton Smith.

My question is, are you still a big MMA fan or is it just a job nowadays? I've heard some fighters still follow the sport closely, watching all the events and stuff, while other guys treat it more like a job and don't really pay attention outside of what's going on in their division.

Welcome and thank you for joining us. My question is will you fight Mousasi after he beats Vitor?

Hey rob thanks for doing this!

Is there anyone in the top five you think stylistically you match up well with?

And have any of the top five turned down fights with you that you know of?

Welcome, Rob!

Do you feel added pressure when fighting at home, especially now that you're the highest ranked Aussie fighter, compared to your last fight against Natal?

Would you be willing to face Jacaré since Rockhold is doing modelling?

Hey Robert! I really enjoyed your fight with Hall.

If UFC offered you Rockhold or Anderson Silva, who would you pick?

What is your favorite submission to use?

Hey @Robert Whittaker thanks for dropping in! I'm a huge fan, it's been great seeing you make so much noise up at 185.

I was impressed with your toughness in your last fight against Natal, if I remember correctly you injured your hand and your foot but still fought aggressively and got the win. Have you been able to get back to training after healing your injuries and how soon can we look forward to seeing you at 100%?

Welcome Robert, what's your stance on the fighters union that is trying to be built? Would you support it?

Hey Robert, whats up?! Question: What do you think of Shogun going to 185? Is this a good move for his carreer at this point? And whos the best 185er nowadays in your opinion? Cheers!

Hey Robert, whats up?! Question: What do you think of Shogun going to 185? Is this a good move for his carreer at this point? And whos the best 185er nowadays in your opinion? Cheers!

Only CereserBr could find a way to turn a Robert Whittaker thread into a Shogun thread, lol.

In an ideal world, who would you fight next, ideally on the Melbourne card in November ?

Hey Rob. You are awesome.

What was it that you shared with the fans during the last PPV card you did an appearance at?

Cheers. Huge fan.

Thanks Rob! Big fan of yours and you're my favorite UFC MW right now.

So Bisping is a fight that has eluded you and a fighter I feel you natch up very well against. Do you still see that fight happening sooner than later?

What is your favorite way of finishing a fight?

How would you say a background in traditional martial arts has helped your transition into MMA?

Changing weight classes is something common in MMA, but moving up a division is not all that common. It's been a game changer for you and I'd like to see more fighters follow suit.

What has helped you the most now being at 185? Durability? Energy levels? Speed?

And who would you like to beat up next?

Thanks and good luck. May your opponents fear the reaper.

Hey Rob, big fan here.

I feel like you get overlooked when people talk about MW title contenders, wondering if you feel likewise? If so, do you think this is in part to your respectful demeanour, and have you considered going down the path of creating drama with other top fighters (like some of your contemporaries have done, leading to title fights) in order to get your name thrown into the mix more?

Whats up Rob, loving your recent stint in the MW division after moving up. Definitely feel that you can go on to win the belt down the line, your speed and power at 185 has impressed me a ton.

Who was the hardest hitting fighter you've faced?

Wonderboy has a unique style in the UFC atm, what does he do better than other fighters you've fought and is his range and timing completely different to any fighter you've fought before?

How do you feel you could match up against the current top 5 at MW?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, {<Mcgoat}

Last edited:
Hey Robert! big fan here ever since the Colton fight, you're even on my signature.
Some random questions:
-How much do you weigh come fight night?
-Favorite MMA fight of all time?
-Favorite fighter of all time?
-Are you a fan of any fighter currently competing in other divisions in the UFC?
-Do you play any videogames, if so which ones?

Hope to see you kicking ass soon bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back