UFC229 Commentary...?

Benoitthegr8

Filthy Pensioner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone else think they had a sitting down with the powers that be and were told tone down the abrasive bullshit on air...?

I thought they did a good job, the trio sounded cohesive and kept it mostly objective. We actually heard Dom apologize to Joe for cutting him off.

The only exception was the after event melee, it seemed they didn’t have full situational awareness of what was really going down.

The comedy was also epic

“He is trying to gas Khabib out he’s taking shots but not the worst...
<{you!}>

“I don’t like the way that Tony’s moving on that injured knee”
<{cruzshake}>

I was thoroughly entertained...

I’ve read several threads from past events about the back and forth between Jogan and Dom, discuss.

Dom speaks facts.Jjoe Rogan is a big celebrity host name that doesnt know jack shit on fighters besides big names such as Conor, Lesnar, Rhonda or Jon jones.

For once Joe Rogan was actually not terrible, I was impressed.

im glad they mentioned the fouls and illegal blows,
seeing as herb was not willing to address them

Joe is getting worse and worse with age. It’s strange. Long term alpha brain side effects?

Dom is usually excellent but shat the bed during the main event. I did notice that he and Joe were way more cordial all night, but I enjoy when Dom betas Joe and reminds him that this isn't his podcast

Dom as Conor was getting mauled: this is the game plan, gas Khabib out.
Rogan: Conor doesn't have a choice.

Rogan also called Conor's cheating. All in all Rogan was solid for once, Dom lapsed into stupidity at important times but recovered.

Dom speaks facts.Jjoe Rogan is a big celebrity host name that doesnt know jack shit on fighters besides big names such as Conor, Lesnar, Rhonda or Jon jones.

I’m no Rogan apologist, but he’s likely forgotten more about MMA than you’ll ever know.
His podcast is full of memories of old fights that I’ve had to google.
His job is to talk about those people because, that’s what people want to hear.

I’m no Rogan apologist, but he’s likely forgotten more about MMA than you’ll ever know.
Last week, Joe Rogan had no knowledge who Sijara Eubanks was. So much for his important job analyzing fights huh

Last week, Joe Rogan had no knowledge who Sijara Eubanks was. So much for his important job analyzing fights huh

He’s such a fucking idiot. Sahara Eubanks is one of those household names. Conor, Brock, GSP, Sahara. Right ?
But you’re right, when Dom said Conor had Khabib right where he wanted him, gassing Khabib out to wear him down will getting smashed in the face was spot on.

He’s such a fucking idiot. Sahara Eubanks is one of those household names. Conor, Brock, GSP, Sahara. Right ?
But you’re right, when Dom said Conor had Khabib right where he wanted him, gassing Khabib out to wear him down will getting smashed in the face was spot on.
If he was such a great analyst, he would know which fighters he commentates about. Point blank.

Cruz is usually great but he was absolute shit for the Conor commentary. He thought Conor was trying to gas khabib from guard?

They were all bad during the after fight action. During the fight, I thought Rogan was better than usual, Dom was poor, and Anik was background noise.

I'm not a Rogan fan but I thought he was good at UFC 229. He was shameless concerning ronda but she's gone.

Dom is an idiot...”Connor is gassing him out”.....
“Connor could land that left anytime he feels like it”
(1 sec later gets rolled up)

Thank God he only had 4 rounds and not 5 to spew his stupidity

I'm not a Rogan fan but I thought he was good at UFC 229. He was shameless concerning ronda but she's gone.

The Ronda Rousey ordeal should have never happened, that was awful.
It was over the top.

It’s a tough gig, and the idiots here think that he should know everything about everyone on the fly, live to millions of people, and not make a single mistake are fools.
I’m great at what I do, and make mistakes with much less pressure than he’s exposed to, so I’ll give him a pass on not knowing by memory the obscure names of the entire roster of the ufc.

He’s doing what’s expected of him, and doing it well for the most part.

Normally I hate having dom and Joe together but I agree they were much better.

Back