UFC ( WME ) Would Have Got The Fedor Deal Done !

If WME Owned UFC 10 years ago would Fedor have been signed to the UFC ?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I don’t think Fedor ever had much of a desire to be in the UFC. I’m sure if it were that important to him he could have been flexible on some points.

He may not view the UFC as the center of the universe like we do in America

Wasn’t fedor vs Brock about to be signed for AT&T stadium but then Fedors dad died the next day and he lost interest?

UFC can't even sign bader, Rory, or Moose for decent money these days...

But they were gonna pay Fedor?

Lol okay. Sure thing.

I'm not going to google that for you. You're boring troll btw not even a fun troll smh

<DisgustingHHH>
The real goat says hello <JonesDXSuckIt>also his record, in real sanctioned bouts, is outside of top 5. Been finished a lot as well as being bludgeoned by Fabio. Fedor sucks compared to the other Greats (silva, jbj, gsp, aldo, mm, d Cruz)and the refs and fixed fights in japan made him a myth that he wasnt. Arona beat him also and was robbed. Put me on your ignore list if the truth hurts you

Don’t pretend co promotion was the only reason.

It WAS the biggest and most unreasonable reason. And you didn't even mention it because you were busy trying to make Dana and the UFC look bad (which they do just fine on their own). The UFC could have caved to everything, but Fedor and M1 were not budging on co-promotion, so it didn't matter

The real goat says hello <JonesDXSuckIt>also his record, in real sanctioned bouts, is outside of top 5. Been finished a lot as well as being bludgeoned by Fabio. Fedor sucks compared to the other Greats (silva, jbj, gsp, aldo, mm, d Cruz)and the refs and fixed fights in japan made him a myth that he wasnt. Arona beat him also and was robbed. Put me on your ignore list if the truth hurts you
"and the refs and fixed fights in japan made him a myth that he wasnt."

Interesting...

tellme.jpg

No chance

This deal and what M1 wanted for Fedor to fight in the UFC aren't nearly the same.

Not the same but it shows that WME can get a deal done with M-1. If the previous owners were still around I bet that the current M-1 deal doesn't take place.

Both were in stronger positions back then.

Fedor clearly no 1 in the world.
UFC pulling in huge PPV numbers frequently.

Sure ... UFC was also paying less back then and wasn't owned by WME.

I feel like 10 years ago it wouldn't matter so much if Fedor fought in the UFC (from a competitive standpoint). Maybe a couple fights would've caught him towards the last leg of his peak, but he didn't have much time left as the guy by 2008, imo.

I don’t think Fedor ever had much of a desire to be in the UFC. I’m sure if it were that important to him he could have been flexible on some points.

He may not view the UFC as the center of the universe like we do in America

I agree I don't think he cared much where he fought and went with what-ever he thought was most lucrative / his management decided.

But the question remains the same .... Could WME of got the deal done ?

UFC can't even sign bader, Rory, or Moose for decent money these days...

But they were gonna pay Fedor?

Lol okay. Sure thing.

UFC is paying more to fighters today then 10 years ago.

UFC could have paid those fighters to stay but decided not to. They let some of those fighters go without much fight.

With the recent news of the new M-1 and UFC partnership I believe that if WME had been the owners of UFC 10 years ago we would have seen Fedor in the UFC.

Do you think WME could have got the deal done that alluded Dana and the Fertitta brothers for years ?

no cause strikeforce paid fedor so well he didn't need to worry about what the ufc would of offered.

Don't think so... Dana is the reason it never happened. Plus. Remember his tweet after losing to Werdum…

Wasn’t fedor vs Brock about to be signed for AT&T stadium but then Fedors dad died the next day and he lost interest?

I can remember rumors of the fight getting close to being made but there was always rumors of Fedor being close to signing with UFC.

I agree I don't think he cared much where he fought and went with what-ever he thought was most lucrative / his management decided.

But the question remains the same .... Could WME of got the deal done ?

UFC is paying more to fighters today then 10 years ago.

UFC could have paid those fighters to stay but decided not to. They let some of those fighters go without much fight.

Point is, Fedor was never a draw in the US and still commanded a big fat contract.

WME passes on those types.

no cause strikeforce paid fedor so well he didn't need to worry about what the ufc would of offered.

Maby .. maby not ... WME might have scooped him up before Strickforce had the chance. I guess we will never know.

Don't think so... Dana is the reason it never happened. Plus. Remember his tweet after losing to Werdum…

Dana has allot less power with WME then he did with the previous owners. Chuck getting " fired " is a good example of that.

He hated Dana for talking shit and he had offers for milions to fight elsewhere. Organizations rising and eventually falling but he still got paid without having to deal with cueball.

I suppose you have no choice but to pretend he hasn't tested positive. He is forever tainted and can never be called the goat by any rational, thinking man as a confirmed drugs cheat.

I suppose you have no choice but to pretend he hasn't tested positive. He is forever tainted and can never be called the goat by any rational, thinking man as a confirmed drugs cheat.
Delusional to think anyone from Pride wasnt juiced to the tits. You're 5

Coulda .. Woulda .. Shoulda ... what ?

WME needed to own UFC in order for them to sign Fedor. Since they didn't .... I posed the question ... what if they did ? Could they of got the deal done ?
i dont have a crystal ball unlike many other sherdoggers

A. Fedor Fans - he would have crushed everyone and became champion

B. Fedor Haters - He will have been dominated

He hated Dana for talking shit and he had offers for milions to fight elsewhere. Organizations rising and eventually falling but he still got paid without having to deal with cueball.

That is true but that still leaves my question ... could WME of got the deal done ?

i dont have a crystal ball unlike many other sherdoggers

A. Fedor Fans - he would have crushed everyone and became champion

B. Fedor Haters - He will have been dominated

I don't have a crystal ball either which is why I asked a hypothetical question.

Back