UFC ( WME ) Would Have Got The Fedor Deal Done !

If WME Owned UFC 10 years ago would Fedor have been signed to the UFC ?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I doubt it.

At the time Fedor's management was asking for a lot of out of the norm stuff. I'm not sure how much WME would give in on that side.

I think it would have played out more or less the same way with WME failing to cave in to their ridiculous demands and Fedor/M-1 leaving a trail of defunct second-tier organisations in their wake.
I have to ask, what was a "ridiculous demand" to you? McGregor and all of your UFC champs aren't making absurd demands? He asked for what he thought he was worth and to be free to compete elsewhere. We know that the UFC isn't about the fighters, it is about the promotion so how is it that when any fighter stands up for themselves, they are "ridiculous"? Dana, is this your secret account?

With the recent news of the new M-1 and UFC partnership I believe that if WME had been the owners of UFC 10 years ago we would have seen Fedor in the UFC.

Do you think WME could have got the deal done that alluded Dana and the Fertitta brothers for years ?

Absolutely nothing would be different....

Back then fedor and m-1 had pull still fedor was the hottest HW in the market and they knew that......also Russian MMA wasn't on the verge of collapse.

WME wouldn't copromote with m-1 which was a huge sticking point along with fedor agreeing to giving the UFC licensing of his image which would never happen either.It was never a money thing it was all the extras each side wanted.

I hated the fertittas but WME has zero vision for the sport and Dana whites way of doing business is getting really old......hope #me too takes his dumbass down.

They overpaid for the UFC and you think they might have given half of it to M-1?
Maybe.

But who cares? Fedor was given a very fair offer at the time and he countered with something ridiculous. It's his fault and his alone that he never fought in the UFC.

Financially yes he was offered good money but you act like the UFC wasn't asking for extras too....

Both sides had a pissing contest and both sides ended up covered in piss lol.Finkelstein was insane demanding co promotion but the UFC wanted fedors image licensing which gives them permission to use his likeness without his consent and without him getting money for that either even after he left the UFC they would retain those rights which is absurd.

At the time m-1 wasn't in the same position it is now they felt they didn't need the UFC and financially they didnt just like the UFC didn't need fedor to be a legit Org. Would have been great if it worked out but both sides were stubborn and thought they had the leverage to just bully the other into demands.

Ari Emanuel and Vadim Finkeldink working together.....

giphy.gif

fixed.

Yes, for a few reasons. But mostly because 10 years ago, WME would have had the financial ability to lure Fedor in, with an open contract. In 2008, the UFC wasn't paying its fighters what they are now.

the cancer called dana is still here, he will still fucked up negotiation like years ago

Creating a development league with M-1 =/= co-promoting a PPV with them

Still would not have happened. Sad but true

Fucking Curtis Blaydes would wreck the entire PRIDE hw division except Fedor. The sport's evolved, even HW. HW sucks now but it's the strongest it's ever been. Nog, Cro Cop get wrecked by DC, Stipe, Minakov, Lesnar, Blaydes, Black Beast. Fedor gets wrecked by DC, wins 1/4 of the time against Stipe, and goes 50-50 with everyone else.
What an utter load of shit.
Hw is the best its ever been? Ufcshill

Fedor ducked the US for as long as possible for a reason! Also he loses to jones inside the distance 10 out of 10 times. Fight me sherdog!
<45>
He has been fighting in the States since 2008. Troll better! :p

No chance

This deal and what M1 wanted for Fedor to fight in the UFC aren't nearly the same.

He beat 3 former UFC champs while fighting in America and is on his way to winning yet another tourney. At the age of 41!

a4b4e1d8ba79.gif
Chael via UD, and im coming to collect the salt personally from you. What is his record in the states (not counting the loss to fabio in russia) since 2008?

Fedor was scared shitless of Brock

Don't blame him, he would've gotten mauled. Prime Fedor is a myth

Almost got KOd by Fujita lol

No, everyone u named is overhyoed except dc. Blaydes may be elits but not yet. Brock is a ppv draw...stipe got exposed by dc for the fighter he is along w strube. Black beast is a low cardio, low ways to win fighter..brett rodgers all over again. Alex, igor, fedor, nog, crocop, even barnette all beat those named more often than not.

The guy is a troll don't give the ignorance the time of day.

He probably believes the "next generation at HW" BS narrative they've tried pushing since Travis Browne and Brendan schaub lol.HW HAS NOT EVOLVED.

The supposed UFC HW GOAT still only trains part time and you look at the skill sets of the ranked guys and it's not changed since PRIDE.

Add in NONE of the UFC hws would make it through 10 min rounds haha could you imagine how many fights would end by exhaustion? haha.

We literally just seen a guy like Ngannou make it to a title shot being a boxer with mediocre groundgame......

Prime FEDOR,BARNETT,CROCOP,BIGNOG,VOVCHANCHYN,KHARITONOV,ALEKS,TOM ERIKSON off the top of my head......GTFO.......remember Aleksey Oleynek is currently a ranked HW in the UFC at his age and limited skillset.

Trolls back to your bridges bitches!!!

Chael via UD, and im coming to collect the salt personally from you. What is his record in the states (not counting the loss to fabio in russia) since 2008?
I won't be salted as I like Chael too.

<Fedor23>

I won't be salted as I like Chael too.

<Fedor23>
WHAT IS HIS RECORD, SINCE 2008 IN THE STATES? In a real sanctioned bout. Tell me, and quit ducking the question, like fedor did the ufc

WHAT IS HIS RECORD, SINCE 2008 IN THE STATES? In a real sanctioned bout. Tell me, and quit ducking the question, like fedor did the ufc
I'm not going to google that for you. You're boring troll btw not even a fun troll smh

<DisgustingHHH>

Both were in stronger positions back then.

Fedor clearly no 1 in the world.
UFC pulling in huge PPV numbers frequently.

Back