-UFC Will Not Offer TUF Nations Contestant a Contract After Racist Instagram Pic

Respect putting in the effort to completely demolish the entire argument this racist idiot is putting together.

Thanks. I said more on the topic but the exchange was apparently deleted by a moderator.

I think racism on Sherdog should be combated rather than censored. These racist arguments can be refuted so I feel moderators should let people with the time and interest do so.

As for the main topic I think it's the UFC's call who they allow to fight in their organization. Maybe they could demand a public apology for the racist tweet and a promise that the fighter in question does not repeat a similar offense under threat that they will be fired for it.

lol come on man you know damn well that those buildings are only due to European colonisation.

That doesn't matter. The point is that many Africans enjoy the luxuries of the modern world. They would not be able to function in a modern society if they were severely cognitively deficient.

Do you think that someone with a severely low IQ could drive a car or work at a corporate job? African immigrants are actually outperforming White Americans academically in the United States. These are not stupid people. Even so called primitive people have developed sophisticated survival strategies that would be impossible to do if they were not intelligent.

And calling Egypt "ancient Africa"? lol that is clutching at straws.

Egypt is in Africa so it's hardly "clutching at straws."

Yes the Europeans had guns, but don't you think that such a supreme technological advantage illustrates an intelligence disparity?

No, it most certainly does not. It only means they had a technological advantage.

That doesn't mean Europeans are smarter just because they invented guns. Africans have the mental capacity to make and use guns as does every other group. Europeans just happened to do it.

What this argument really comes down to is the idea that racial differences determine cultural differences because races differ in mental capacity. I can see how someone can develop the perception that differences in cultural achievement mean differences in intelligence but the issue is more complex than that. There's no scientific basis to the claim that there are genetic differences related to intelligence between races. The claim itself is merely a manifestation of racial prejudice and was effectively proved to be wrong years ago. Still the argument persists because racists desperately need to make the claim to support their racist ideology.

Take a look at what modern anthropologists, archeologists, geneticists and evolutionary biologists have to say on the matter:

Africanist archaeology and ancient IQ: racial science and cultural evolution in the twenty-first century

Over the last two decades, a number of psychometric researchers have claimed that very substantial differences in intelligence exist among modern human racial groups, as these groups are traditionally defined. According to these researchers, African populations suffer severe cognitive deficits when compared to other modern humans. Philippe Rushton, particularly, places these claimed mental deficits in an evolutionary context, advancing environmental explanations for such deficits and asserting that such cognitive differences existed prehistorically as well. Such substantial cognitive differences should be evident in human behavioural patterns, and thus in the archaeological record. Archaeological data can thus be used to test these claims about human evolutionary development and modern human cognitive difference. Examination of the archaeological record does not support the claims made by these researchers. This suggests that regional differences in IQ test score results should not be ascribed to variations in human evolutionary development.

Full Article

Last edited:
Just wanna make a few points.

Firstly - Tyler is Maori and from New Zealand, as all Maori are.
He moved to Aussie a 5 or 6 years ago.
We Maori are the native people of NZ.

We make up 15% of the population of NZ and are a darker skinned(Polynesian) people.
Most if not all of us experience racism at some time or another and that includes being called the N word.
Our youth are very influenced by African American culture... Bloods, Crips, streetwear, music and lexicon.
We grew up on Biggie, Tupac and NWA because they spoke directly to us... and we in turn used Hip Hop as the voice of our youth.
Importantly we heard that word being used in a different way, which de-powered it.
The N word is never used in a racist manner by Maori - as we know how it feels to be called N----- in the vilest way.
Not that its right for some of us to have adopted the word ... im just describing how it has been picked up. Maori have been call N-----s for decades by the White New Zealanders, but have only used the word since seeing it depowered by our Afro-American brothers.
In essence some Maori use it because we identify with the pain of the word... maybe not in exactly the same way but in racist sense none the less.

Anyway - i don't mean to be long winded but i thought a little explanation was needed.
As soon as i saw the meme Tyler posted, i knew what he meant - its self-deprecating and describes us.

When we see a meme like that, it applies to us Maori - we know what being called the N word feels like, and although we are only 15% of New Zealands population, we makeup over 50% of the prison population.

I know where Tyler is from - .... I think its harsh this has happened ... but Kajan, Dana and even you good people wouldn't know how it is here.
Much like Tyler never thought a meme using a word common to him would destroy his career.

Unluckily for Tyler... he could only see from our side so it is what it is.

Last edited:
I thought it was funny, but I'm not a sensitive when it comes to.comedy

If you consider that funny, you're certainly not demanding when it comes to comedy.

Try reaching a little higher. Even a low hanging fruit is preferable to a mouthful of dirt.

We make up 15% of the population of NZ and are a darker skinned(Polynesian) people.
Most if not all of us experience racism at some time or another and that includes being called the N word.
Our youth are very influenced by African American culture... Bloods, Crips, streetwear, music and lexicon.
We grew up on Biggie, Tupac and NWA because they spoke directly to us... and we in turn used Hip Hop as the voice of our youth.
Importantly we heard that word being used in a different way, which de-powered it.
The N word is never used in a racist manner by Maori - as we know how it feels to be called N----- in the vilest way.
Not that its right for some of us to have adopted the word ... im just describing how it has been picked up. Maori have been call N-----s for decades by the White New Zealanders, but have only used the word since seeing it depowered by our Afro-American brothers.
In essence some Maori use it because we identify with the pain of the word... maybe not in exactly the same way but in racist sense none the less.

Anyway - i don't mean to be long winded but i thought a little explanation was needed.
As soon as i saw the meme Tyler posted, i knew what he meant - its self-deprecating and describes us.

When we see a meme like that, it applies to us Maori - we know what being called the N word feels like, and although we are only 15% of New Zealands population, we makeup over 50% of the prison population.

I know where Tyler is from - .... I think its harsh this has happened ... but Kajan, Dana and even you good people wouldn't know how it is here.
Much like Tyler never thought a meme using a word common to him would destroy his career.

Really good post man...but it will fall on deaf ears.
There seems to be a real stubbornness from the North Americans to understand Tyler's side in all this. Apparently, the rules of racism are written by them and they won't be told different.

The whole thing is really just a misunderstanding of a misunderstanding.

Unfortunately Tyler has to wear it because Kajan was having a passive aggressive moment.

Really good post man...but it will fall on deaf ears.
There seems to be a real stubbornness from the North Americans to understand Tyler's side in all this.

His side being what, exactly? That it's huh-larious and cool-as-shit to employ a term that's tied inextricably to American slavery as a joke because he's Maori? Pardon my French, but you apologists are being FUCKING RETARDED.

Do you think Tyler (as a 17 year old, who probably knew nothing of american history) tied that word to American slavery?

I'm not apologising for him, I think it was stupid but the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Tyler didn't understand how Americans are effected by that word the same as you don't understand how he is effected by it.

That's not French BTW.

Do you think Tyler (as a 17 year old, who probably knew nothing of american history) tied that word to American slavery?

I'm not apologising for him, I think it was stupid but the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Tyler didn't understand how Americans are effected by that word the same as you don't understand how he is effected by it.

We're supposed to make excuses now for people who are ignorant of language and history?

Given the shitty track record of the president of the company itself, RE: bigotry, I DO think the banishment is wildly hypocritical. That doesn't make it's any less unwarranted.

But if you don't think Tyler knew the paradigm of racism he was playing off of -- however naively, as a 17-year-old (and I'm sure he's a genius when it comes to cultural-relations now at age 19) -- I have a bridge to sell you.

That's not French BTW.

Thanks. As a Canadian, I'd been wondering.

I'm not here to argue about race or whatever but a lot of what mysticjay is posting seems inaccurate from a historical standpoint. A lot of his references seem to be pulled from Pro-African institutions.

The last thread to delve into this is now in the OT due to a bunch meatheads but it revolved around the ethnicity of Jesus.

Just because someone takes the time to post a wall of text that seems well thought out doesn't mean it's accurate.

We're supposed to make excuses now for people who are ignorant of language and history?

Who's making excuses? I agreed it was stupid. I just think it was more of a misunderstanding than a malicious racial attack like it's been made out to be in this thread.

But if you don't think Tyler knew the paradigm of racism he was playing off of -- however naively, as a 17-year-old (and I'm sure he's a genius when it comes to cultural-relations now at age 19) -- I have a bridge to sell you.

I'm guessing he knows a thing or two about it now...

Tyler is from New Zealand and had never seen snow before, I'd say he was more naive than you think. He wouldn't have learnt much about American history in school in NZ and Australia.

A wise black guy once said "The blacker you are, the more you have to love yourself"
I aint even black but I feel for yall black people. Tyler guy got what he deserved.

Edit: Wow didnt know it was 2 years ago. Idk this is a tough one.. Probably should forgive the guy as it was a long time ago.. and people make mistakes

The UFC has dealt with it to harshly. kids do stupid things and everyone deserves a second chance. He explained it and apologise. The UFC shouldve manned up.

I'm not here to argue about race or whatever but a lot of what mysticjay is posting seems inaccurate from a historical standpoint. A lot of his references seem to be pulled from Pro-African institutions.

The last thread to delve into this is now in the OT due to a bunch meatheads but it revolved around the ethnicity of Jesus.

Just because someone takes the time to post a wall of text that seems well thought out doesn't mean it's accurate.

If it's inaccurate point out the inaccuracies.

Trolling on the internet now has consequences. Boo hoo.

It's important to understand the culture someone is coming from before we past judgement. We are judging a non american on the wrongs of American culture and history.

Gotta love the American sheeple stereotyping OZ as racist's because a NZ Polynesian posted a pic stereotyping Negros. I find this both ironic and confusing

Really not a smart post by young Tyler but how much critical thought comes from kids that age? Now he's banned?.. well I can hardly expect anything other than a knee jerk reaction from the FUC

Just like to check on this thread from time to time to see if it can get worse...it has and I guess it will

Totally support the UFC not offering him a contract regardless of his outcome. That post was horrible

Back