-UFC Will Not Offer TUF Nations Contestant a Contract After Racist Instagram Pic

What part of it isn't truthful?

The whole paragraph is a racist attempt to denigrate African cultures by someone who doesn't know anything about African history. Africa had civilization before Europe. They did collect diamonds and precious metals such as gold. They did domesticate animals. They had sea-faring ships, houses, weapons and many other cultural achievements denied by this ignorant writer. Egypt alone had all of these things before Europe had a civilization to speak of (you'll probably say the Ancient Egyptians weren't Black I can prove they were).

Modern archeologists don't take any of these racist claims seriously. I mean honestly,
the author actually says that no Black man every wondered what lied beyond the horizon of the ocean? How the fuck would he know that? This is racist garbage.

Scott MacEachern said:
Again, research across the continent over the last three decades decisively disproves this point of view. The literature on this topic is expanding rapidly: there is, however, no doubt that complex polities in the Nile Valley (O'Connor 1993; Welsby 1998), in West Africa (Gronenborn 2001; Holl 1985; MacEachern 2005; Mclntosh 1991, 1999; Mclntosh and Mclntosh 1984), in North-east Africa (Curtis 2004; Fattovich 2000; Munro-Hay 1993), in East and Central Africa (de Maret 1999; Kusimba 1999; Schoenbrun 1999; Sutton 1993) and in south-eastern Africa (Huffman 1996; Pikirayi 2000; Sinclair et al. 1993) were indeed African, developing according to their own internal logics. The social and political hierarchies, the external relations and the economic and trading systems of these states were entirely comparable with those of similar polities on other continents, and were frequently recognized as such by European visitors before corrosively racist views of Africans had time to develop (cf. Brooks 1993; Northrup 2002). They did not appear in isolation - indeed, neither did states in other parts of the world, including Europe - and, again, they were not mirror-images of states in those other regions (cf. Mclntosh 1999). The culture history of the continent is one of change and development comparable to that of Europe and Asia, one where particular cultural systems - the development of external symbolic systems, agriculture or states, for example - occur in particular areas, which in turn affect neighbouring regions in different ways.

SOURCE: Africanist Archaeology and Ancient IQ: Racial Science and Cultural Evolution in the Twenty-First Century World Archaeology, Vol. 38, No. 1, Race, Racism and Archaeology (Mar., 2006), pp. 72-92

The whole paragraph is a racist attempt to denigrate African cultures by someone who doesn't know anything about African history. Africa had civilization before Europe. They did collect diamonds and precious metals such as gold. They did domesticate animals. They had sea-faring ships, houses, weapons and many other cultural achievements denied by this ignorant writer. Egypt alone had all of these things before Europe had a civilization to speak of (you'll probably say the Ancient Egyptians weren't Black I can prove they were).

Modern archeologists don't take any of these racist claims seriously. I mean honestly,
the author actually says that no Black man every wondered what lied beyond the horizon of the ocean? How the fuck would he know that? This is racist garbage.

Those were Arabs.

Sorry the rest is simply not true they advanced to become hunter gathers and primitive subsistence farmer, stuck in a eternal stone age. While Europeans explored the entire globe.

RE1J2.jpg

Those were Arabs.

No, they weren't. They did not speak Arabic therefore they were not Arabs. The Ancient Egyptian language descends from Proto-Afroasiatic which was spoken in the Horn of Africa region prior to the colonization of the Nile Valley by the architects of Ancient Egyptian civilization. Anthropological research indicates that they were Black Africans resembling populations in the Northern Sudan and Horn of Africa before invasions during the Greco-Roman and Islamic periods brought many foreigners whose descendants largely settled in the Northern delta region.

Mary Lefkowitz said:
On the Origins of the Egyptians Recent work on skeletons and DNA suggests that the people who settled in the Nile valley, like all of humankind, came from somewhere south of the Sahara; they were not (as some nineteenth-century scholars had supposed) invaders from the North. See Bruce G. Trigger, "The Rise of Civilization in Egypt," Cambridge History of Africa (Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1982), vol I, pp 489-90; S. O. Y. Keita, "Studies and Comments on Ancient Egyptian Biological Relationships," History in Africa 20 (1993) 129-54.

Bruce Trigger said:
Just as some linguists have tried to discern an 'African substratum' in the Egyptian language, so some Egyptologists have assumed that the earliest Predynastic population was negroid, and see in any caucasoid element evidence of the latter migration of 'Hamito-Semitic' types into the country.

Too often there has been a tendency to attribute the cultural development of Egypt to the repeated incursions of people of the latter type. Batrawai, on the other hand, had shown from the careful study of oseteological evidence that there was very little change in physical type in Upper Egypt from the Predynastic times into the historic period (Batrawai 1945, 1946). Although there was some variation within the population, the Upper Egyptian people were mostly small in stature and had long narrow skulls, dark wavy hair and brown skin.

This continuity in physical type does not provide evidence of migration or gene flow, although it cannot rule out the possibility that new groups of similar physical type entered Upper Egypt from time to time. Skeletons found in Merimda, El-Omari and Ma'adi suggest that the Predynastic inhabitants of the Delta were taller and more sturdily built than the Upper Egyptians and that their skulls were broader.

SOURCE: Bruce G. Trigger, "The Rise of Civilization in Egypt," Cambridge History of Africa (Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1982), vol I, pp 489-90

Shomarka Keita said:
This review has addressed several issues regarding the biological affinities of the ancient inhabitants of the northern Nile valley. The morphological metric, morphometric, and non metric studies demonstrate immense overlap with tropical variants. General scholars must understand that a "shift in paradigm" from "Negro"-only-as-African has occurred, just as Nordic-onlyas-European was never accepted.

Actually, it was always biologically wrong to view the Broad phenotype as representative of the only authentic "African," something understood by some nineteenth century writers. Early Nile valley populations are best viewed as part of an African descent group or lineage with tropical adaptations and relationships. This group is highly variable, as would be expected. Archaeological data also support this position, which is not new.

Over time, gene flow (admixture) did occur in the Nile valley from Europe and the Near East, thus also giving "Egyptians" relationship with those groups. This admixture, if it had occurred by Dynasty I, little affected the major affinity of southern predynastic peoples as illustrated here. As indicated by the analysis of the data in the studies reviewed here, the southern predynastic peoples were Saharo-tropical variants.

SOURCE: S. O. Y. Keita, "Studies and Comments on Ancient Egyptian Biological Relationships," History in Africa 20 (1993) 129-54

Shomarka Keita said:
What is your basis for stating that the Ancient Egyptian statuary is "Somali-like" in appearance?

Best way to think of this is in terms of parallelism or microconvergent evolution. Somali males are predominantly of E group lineages; African in origin. Look for yourself at the Egyptian statuary for the architecture of faces if you trust the statuary, and look at Greek or Roman statuary. Go over the faces point by point, of course there is variability, but look for a distillation. Look at faces of Oromo, a range of Nilotic folk etc, and you might be able to see what I mean.

King Tut's Lotus Bust

tut3.gif

Egyptian boy from Luxor

egyptianboy.png

Sorry the rest is simply not true they advanced to become hunter gathers and primitive subsistence farmer, stuck in a eternal stone age. While Europeans explored the entire globe.

The rest is true. Just because Europeans explored the globe doesn't mean that Africans didn't have complex societies within their own continent which those sources outline. Europe was able to exploit Africa and the Americas simply because they had guns not because those people lacked intelligence.

You should put this photo on instagram. It would go great with the racist photo of the boy in the shopping cart.

Modern Africa (Abuja, Nigeria)

abuja_landscape21.jpg

Ancient Africa (Luxor, Egypt)

luxor.jpg

Last edited:
ITT: ignorant racists say ignorant racist things. Once Africa becomes a first world continent, what sort of shit will these idiots make up?

Thanks, MysticNinjaJay, for actually bothering to educate yourself. Some people never bother to read actual scientific journals, or statistics, or international reports. They just repeat the racist drivel bloggers and pundits and mouthpieces regurgitate at them. They want their own racism and ignorance repeated back at them and would never even consider for a moment to challenge their own worldview. It's sad, really. They will never change because they don't have the heart to handle what reality is like: a complicated but beautiful mess that is terrifically difficult to so easily classify.

"naw, well, I'm still hypothetically correct according to this damage control theory I just made!"

I'm correct because unlike you I actually understand the difference between linguistics and genetics. Arabs like Hispanics are defined by linguistic relationships. You are Hispanic regardless of your skin color because you speak Spanish. You are an Arab regardless of your skin color because you speak Arabic.

The Ancient Egyptians were not Arabs linguistically or culturally.

ROFL, They were ethnic Arabs via genetics, using linguistics to determine race comparison of peoples millennium ago to people of now.

There is no "Arab" genome. The people of the Nile Valley at that period of time shared biological affinities with people South of them from whence they came.

If one were to classify them racially one would have to group them with the same people as the ethnic groups Keita mentioned: Somali, Oromo and Nilotic groups. Modern Southern Egyptians like the boy from Luxor I posted still look like their Ancient Egyptian ancestors while Northern Egyptians have DNA from the ancients as well as foreigners from Europe and the Near East.

Genetically the predominant Haplogroup in Egypt is E3b which originated in East Africa.

AfricanDNA.jpg

We obtained an estimate of 25.6 thousand years (ky) (95% CI 24.3–27.4 ky) for the TMRCA of the 509 haplogroup E3b chromosomes, which is close to the 30

Last edited:
Bad joke but banned! C'mon! Let him make a public apology do some sensitivty training and get his shot.
Guys was like 17 or 18 when he tweeted that. That Canadian snitch was doing some serious dirt digging.

I'm correct because unlike you I actually understand the difference between linguistics and genetics. Arabs like Hispanics are defined by linguistic relationships. You are Hispanic regardless of your skin color because you speak Spanish. You are an Arab regardless of your skin color because you speak Arabic.

There is no "Arab" genome. The people of the Nile Valley at that period of time shared biological affinities with people South of them from whence they came.

If one were to classify them racially one would have to group them with the same people as the ethnic groups Keita mentioned: Somali, Oromo and Nilotic groups. Modern Southern Egyptians like the boy from Luxor I posted still look like their Ancient Egyptian ancestors while Northern Egyptians have DNA from the ancients as well as foreigners from Europe and the Near East.

Genetically the predominant Haplogroup in Egypt is E3b which originated in East Africa.

AfricanDNA.jpg

We obtained an estimate of 25.6 thousand years (ky) (95% CI 24.3

I wish I could say that you can actually argue with people who are willfully ignorant, but it simply is not true. Mr. Hoost is too afraid of the real world to so much as consider changing his worldview. As a result, he will always be racist, because he is too weak and small-minded to be able to get through life without believing that Africans are inferior to him. He rejects reality because is isn't cut out to live in it.

Sherdog can really sometimes be the fucking bottom cesspool of the universe. Jesus, some of these comments.

Lmao the pics pretty funny.. Most people have immature humor like that and it's pretty dumb that the ufc fires people cuz of little shit like this. They're cage fighters, nothing will make em look better to the people who already think the sport is for scum

Edit: just saw the hash tags.. Maybe that went a bit far

its completely crazy to say that africans weren't sophisticated. The fact remains that Timbuktu was pretty much the cultural center of the world at one time. They had a massive empire and were by far one of the wealthiest places on earth at the time, with arguably the greatest scientific and learned communities in all of antiquity.

I hope he wins, just to see what happens...

Also, why is it only whites are/can be racist? Blacks can say any joke or stereotype all they want, and its fine. Also, people that are not caucasion are allowed to be Proud of their color, yet whites are not.

I mean its ok to have a Brown Pride tattoo? Nothing against Cain, just making a point.
nail-hammer.jpg

If Dana actually cared about this so called "racism" then they would offer the extremely young man to apologize.

LOL @ not offering a contract to the best fighter in the entire season. I know who I will be rooting for here on in.

Tyler himself is considered black so I dont see such a big deal about him using the N word hash tag. And the guy was 17 at the time.

It's like if Rampage posted that picture. It's not the same as if a white guy did it.

The rest is true. Just because Europeans explored the globe doesn't mean that Africans didn't have complex societies within their own continent which those sources outline. Europe was able to exploit Africa and the Americas simply because they had guns not because those people lacked intelligence.

Modern Africa (Abuja, Nigeria)

abuja_landscape21.jpg

Ancient Africa (Luxor, Egypt)

luxor.jpg

lol come on man you know damn well that those buildings are only due to European colonisation. And calling Egypt "ancient Africa"? lol that is clutching at straws.

Yes the Europeans had guns, but don't you think that such a supreme technological advantage illustrates an intelligence disparity?

AfricanDNA.jpg

We obtained an estimate of 25.6 thousand years (ky) (95% CI 24.3–27.4 ky) for the TMRCA of the 509 haplogroup E3b chromosomes, which is close to the 30

Bad joke but banned! C'mon! Let him make a public apology do some sensitivty training and get his shot.
Guys was like 17 or 18 when he tweeted that. That Canadian snitch was doing some serious dirt digging.

:D Srs.

It was on instagram as well. People post so much shit on Instagram.

the UFC couldve handled this a bit better tbh.... let the 17 yr old explain and appologise etc. Delete that racist crap and get over it all.

Back