"UFC will be the biggest sport in the world by 2019." - Dana White 2009

Do you believe an average UFC fighter will make more money in their UFC career than an average WWE wrestler will make in their WWE career.

Wrestlers can stay in WWE for 10+ years
Guys like Kane, Big Show, Taker 20+
They get destroyed with injuries but later in their career work a safer style with spots to avoid certain body parts
So no, very few UFC guys can earn for that long

Wrestlers can stay in WWE for 10+ years
Guys like Kane, Big Show, Taker 20+
They get destroyed with injuries but later in their career work a safer style with spots to avoid certain body parts
So no, very few UFC guys can earn for that long

How about per year?

Conor better fight once a month for next 10 months then!

But I don't get the Vince thing
He wishes WWE had anywhere near the profit UFC does
In 2017 UFC made 9-10x the profit WWE did
Are you kidding? Do you know what Vince is worth because of WWE?

Conor better fight once a month for next 10 months then!

But I don't get the Vince thing
He wishes WWE had anywhere near the profit UFC does
In 2017 UFC made 9-10x the profit WWE did
Floyd Mayweather. If you take him out the UFC's 2017 equation, the UFC had the very poor year.

Are you kidding? Do you know what Vince is worth because of WWE?

Yes I do
What is your point?

UFC makes 9x the profit WWE does
That is what I wrote & its not a debate if you know these things

WWE never made over $100m profit in a year
UFC in a bad year as far as interest will do over 3x WWE's best

Floyd Mayweather. If you take him out the UFC's 2017 equation, the UFC had the very poor year.

Floyd owns Conor, the UFC and sherdog
source.gif

Here's what that prediction really meant:

"Less than 10 years from now the UFC will perpetrate the biggest heist in sports history when it sells the org for billions more than it's worth to a group of clueless, starry-eyed investors."

Here's what that prediction really meant:

"Less than 10 years from now the UFC will perpetrate the biggest heist in sports history when it sells the org for billions more than it's worth to a group of clueless, starry-eyed investors."

Pssssssssst
UFC is worth 25-33% more now than it was at the sale time & they just had a record year of profits.

Kill WME for running UFC in a way you might not like, but it is a money making machine

They, and dana, have done well. Very good job. Dana is a girls name, btw.

lol, you don't know what you are talkin about.

Maybe Lesnar make big money.

But Top star after are Roman Reigns and AJ styles

Reigns made 2,2 millions in 16'
Styles made about the same thing last year.

Most UFC champions make more in a year.

and those guys work around 275 matches a year....
most ufc champs make more than 2.2? nope. woodley is making 500k, fought twice, thats a million. I can only make the assumption that lower weight fighters make even less, and it's rare for them to fight 3 times a year, wether they're trying to search for money fights or injured, it's hard to fight 3 times a year as champ. whittaker made 350k against romero, how much will he make as champ? not sure, also he's injured, I think he fights 2 times at most this year. nowhere near 2 million
LHW and HW champs ok, most likely. but that's only 2 champs in the whole sport

Yes I do
What is your point?

I think you read the earnings reports wrong. I think you are leaving out all the additional avenues that WME makes money. This is just a 3 month snapshot of 2017 earnings. I think you may be accurate as far as PPV per PPV, but it pretty much ends there.
You know this stuff has to be posted for every single major organization in the United States right?

http://corporate.wwe.com/investors/news/press-releases/2017/07-27-2017-133134681

Globally they are getting there but soccer still bigger. I wonder what kinds of video rights and merch these other markets bring in.... Surely lots of wanker kits being sold as somewhere.

the entire UFC sold for $4.2bn

The TV rights to show premier league matches in the UK alone is $6bn for three years (with two tv packages still to sell)

You can basically buy the UFC for the same price as 1 years tv rights to the premier league..

MMA is a pimple on soccers arse

I think you read the earnings reports wrong. I think you are leaving out all the additional avenues that WME makes money. This is just a 3 month snapshot of 2017 earnings. I think you may be accurate as far as PPV per PPV, but it pretty much ends there.
You know this stuff has to be posted for every single major organization in the United States right?

http://corporate.wwe.com/investors/news/press-releases/2017/07-27-2017-133134681

Nope, you are confusing revenue with profit
Trust me I know these things & get paid to discuss them ;)
WWE made over $800m in rev in 2017, but only $30-40m in profit
The profit discrepancy is due to a new tax law that skewed the total.

Edit: WWE made exactly $32.6m in profit in 2017

Edit (2): Dana made about what WWE made in profit in 2017. Believe it or not he gets 9% of profit as salary (near $30m) plus his ownership is 6-7% since he bought back in after the sale. If he wanted to take out his ownership profit, he would be over $40m for the year!
@ThePeoplesMMA

Last edited:
lol, you don't know what you are talkin about.

Maybe Lesnar make big money.

But Top star after are Roman Reigns and AJ styles

Reigns made 2,2 millions in 16'
Styles made about the same thing last year.

Most UFC champions make more in a year.

and those guys work around 275 matches a year....
Yeah couple this info with the fact that wwe is literally a traveling circus that doesnt stop and youre on the road 4-5 days a week and the numbers skew further. Its not as if these guys perform 1-3 times a year like a ufc champion does.

Yes I do
What is your point?

you keep saying 9x. what is UFC's 2017 profit?

the entire UFC sold for $4.2bn

The TV rights to show premier league matches in the UK alone is $6bn for three years (with two tv packages still to sell)

You can basically buy the UFC for the same price as 1 years tv rights to the premier league..

MMA is a pimple on soccers arse

Ouch thanks for that.

Back