"UFC will be the biggest sport in the world by 2019." - Dana White 2009

Ilovepizza

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
c0d8cc22-f01a-42ed-846e-94f6fdcd3bdb
f6HJPkM.png

HGrxHWs.jpg

Conor better fight once a month for next 10 months then!

But I don't get the Vince thing
He wishes WWE had anywhere near the profit UFC does
In 2017 UFC made 9-10x the profit WWE did

Dana says a lot of stupid and ridiculous shit. But I don't blame him for this statement. He has a stake in the sport. His job is to promote the sport. He was just being optimistic and passionate about it. Is normal.

Conor better fight once a month for next 10 months then!

But I don't get the Vince thing
He wishes WWE had anywhere near the profit UFC does
In 2017 UFC made 9-10x the profit WWE did

WWE athletes make millions

WWE pay > UFC pay

The UFC has hit the same wall that boxing and pro wrestling has hit: they have a solid fan base that will watch regardless, but the mainstream are no longer aroused at just the sight of MMA. You need big stars to move that needle. And with Rousey and Brock gone, and negotiations apparently not going so well with Conor, they're in a tough spot.

I think MMA peaked 2009-2014.

Dana White is a promoter. His job is to promote. His job is not to analyze by giving you the objective facts.

The UFC has hit the same wall that boxing and pro wrestling has hit: they have a solid fan base that will watch regardless, but the mainstream are no longer aroused at just the sight of MMA. You need big stars to move that needle. And with Rousey and Brock gone, and negotiations apparently not going so well with Conor, they're in a tough spot.

I think MMA peaked 2009-2014.
2014 no way
That was a truly down year
But strangely they made much more in 15/16/17. Each year was broke the prior year record.
The newness certainly wore off though & it no longer feels "hot" & even with record profits, you cannot argue interest in 2017 was down.

Well MMA is the biggest sport in my world, course I don't watch anything else tho...

WWE athletes make millions

WWE pay > UFC pay

lol, you don't know what you are talkin about.

Maybe Lesnar make big money.

But Top star after are Roman Reigns and AJ styles

Reigns made 2,2 millions in 16'
Styles made about the same thing last year.

Most UFC champions make more in a year.

and those guys work around 275 matches a year....

lol, you don't know what you are talkin about.

Maybe Lesnar make big money.

But Top star after are Roman Reigns and AJ styles

Reigns made 2,2 millions in 16'
Styles made about the same thing last year.

Most UFC champions make way more in a year.

and those guys work around 275 matches a year....

UFC champions make peanuts when compared to the top guys in WWE.

Dana says a lot of stupid and ridiculous shit. But I don't blame him for this statement. He has a stake in the sport. His job is to promote the sport. He was just being optimistic and passionate about it. Is normal.
dana_zpsmtczr7za.gif

*checks calender*

So you're saying... there's a chance?

a large part of the population in a large part of the world doesnt even know what mma is....

He's a business man. Without comments like this, and his exacerbated confidence, the WME deal would have never happened.

Back