UFC was right to let Mousasi go

Or maybe it just means bellator fighters r more legit then we thought... mousasi has fought so many people he's still young and very experienced he just beat Weidman so if anything this loss just makes schlemenko look good I believe this fight was a robbery

He’s absolute garbage. He got lucky vs old Vitor and Weidman. Can’t wait to watch Carvalho kick his head off.

buTO0uf.gif

Mousasi had no business in the UFC.

He's on the downslope of his career.

RIP Moose.

Maybe Schlemenko is just a verry strong opponent? Many people including myself thought Storm would be a verry good test for Moose and i also think Storm would do verry well in the UFC.

He won 2/3 rounds and he only had one eye.

I think the fact that Mousasi resorted to a grappling heavy gameplan is making people think he was terrible.

Fact is a one eyed Mousasi still beat Shlemenko.

because Shlemenko is super weak and shit?
the fight was competitive and entertaining as fuck

You'd think people would use this to legitimize Shlemenko, considering how easy Moose made fighting a lot of UFC guys look.

I guess they'd rather forget, lmao

Nah Mousasi won 1/2 pretty convincingly imo.

Most of both rounds was him on his opponents back trying to sink the RNC.

The striking was a wash outside that left that closed up Mousasi eye early in the first. Schelmenko missed a lot of strikes and Mousasi's jab was finding a home most of the time.

Mousasi lost round 3 but schelmenko wasn't exactly balls to the wall; more so he was just the more active of the 2.

I hate the announcers sometimes. The skew the fight. If you watch it with no sound it's 29-28 Mousasi. Just like every ref scored it.

2 side notes

1. Did anyone else hear Jimmy say the verdict was a "razor close split decision" like 2 seconds after the ring announcer announced unanimous decision?

2. I was high disappointed in Schelmenko's performance. Mousasi was literally blind on Schelmenko's power side and he still managed to land nothing significant outside that left.

for a guy that knocked out Hunt... Moose seemed hesistant to exchange..

Moose was owning him for 2 rounds. People don't understand how hard it is to fight at that level with one eye.

You'd think people would use this to legitimize Shlemenko, considering how easy Moose made fighting a lot of UFC guys look.

I guess they'd rather forget, lmao

Happens when you are blinded on one side.

for a guy that knocked out Hunt... Moose seemed hesistant to exchange..

He had one eye. Try closing one eye and hitting a moving target. Then, consider that moving target is throwing bombs back at you.

It was an unfortunate series of events. Mousasi has been tagged way harder; it's not that he got rocked, the punch just landed in a way that fucked his eye up. Credits to Shelemenko for landing, but that's not a usual circumstance. I'd like to see a rematch with two-eyed-Moose tbh

Isn't Chris Camozzi still on the UFC roster? There's a number of fighters Mousasi is vastly better than that are inside the UFC atm.

He would still beat Whitaker and Bisping so doesn't matter really.

Shlemenko is legit and Moose had his eye shut so crappy performance is no surprise

You could have easily said the same thing 2 years ago when he lost to Hall, or when he got subbed by Jacare.

Still a top 10 MW.

And yes, I think he lost to Shlemenko.

There's a big difference between losing to Jacare and losing to Shlemenko (and yes he lost)

You can take any fighter on the planet, if his eye gets shut with the first punch he's gonna look like shit for the next 14 minutes.

EDIT: And I mean no disrespect to Shlemenko, dude landed a solid shot and f***ed up Moose's eye. But that fight was not indicative of Gegard's ability

Part of fighting talent is not getting hit. Shlemenko hit him and did damage. If it happens once it can happen again, and we saw how Gegard responded. He panic wrestled and got beat up

Part of fighting talent is not getting hit. Shlemenko hit him and did damage. If it happens once it can happen again, and we saw how Gegard responded. He panic wrestled and got beat up

I'm not sure how you think that this diminishes his point. Yes, his eye got pumped shut. Yes, it was because of Shlemenko landing a punch. No, getting hit does not mean that eye swelling from the first punch was a normal outcome.

And in no way is that indicative that the "UFC was right to let Mousasi go." If you believe that, you're a can level poster. If anything, continuing on for 2 and a half more rounds against a dangerous power puncher is indicative that he's a fucking badass. He "panic wrestled" because you can't expect to win a striking match with one eye against another dangerous striker. That'd be like talking shit about a guy for breaking his hand then trying to not box with a guy.

Back