"UFC wants 50% of Conor's purse! If fight doesn't happen BLAME THE UFC!" Bob Arum

Fucking TS chooses a fucker who killed boxing for his "Free MMA" quote.

More like thank then blame...

Or Conor can just retire and the UFC get nothing at all and they can service their death without him.

Conor can go to holllywood and make millions that way....

Even 50 % is not guaranteed to be a good business decision for the ufc because with all the money he makes Conor might retire after this fight and with that the ufc will loose the guy that sells in one PPV as much as the other headliners sell in 4-5 (except for gsp).

Pot calling the kettle black. Ask Arum how much he took from Pacquiao per fight.

If thats true the UFC are being stupid. Conor becomes a household name after this fight. Will be a star like they have never experienced before with any of their fighters. The money that will come to the UFC after this fight just in sheer association with McGregor will be huge. Whoever is doing their business deals would know this. The fight will happen. Negotiations will be worked out.

"Strong armed" LOL, good one. I guess that must have been what this was about....

Strong arming usually requires violence or it's credible threat.

I'll bet if he was any other fighter, especially if he was Brazilian you would be applauding him. Cheering him on for getting what he deserves out of the greedy UFC.

Ok, buddy.
You need a new repertoire. Repeating the same shit over and over just makes you an idiot.

He is one of the fighters that makes most money out of anyone else in the UFC.
Stop crying for him. He doesn't care about you.

They deserve it

Conor is the little bitch in the ufc
They own him

I would rather see Conor fight than box, so if the boxing match doesn't happen I guess I'll be thanking the UFC, not blaming them.

...Although if the UFC were to cost Conor a massive payday I don't know if he'd return to them and MMA.

Another one of the "punching eachother until one can't continue isn't a real fight" crowd eh? Lol

If thats true the UFC are being stupid. Conor becomes a household name after this fight. Will be a star like they have never experienced before with any of their fighters. The money that will come to the UFC after this fight just in sheer association with McGregor will be huge. Whoever is doing their business deals would know this. The fight will happen. Negotiations will be worked out.
WRONG.

Conor doesn't become popular
He looks more like a fool after the fight
he probably loses his belt after
Which makes him go into the ronda category

Sounds about right With ppv buys Conor can still make 120 million
LOL

He isn't worth 15m yet you think he can make 120
Gosh
You idiots on here
Lol

Old man Arum telling it like it is

IDK if Bob has the correct revenue split that the UFC wants but there is no denying the UFC's predatory contracts and unfair revenue split they run their business on.

If Conor was a boxer, he'd make his entire

UFC contract ($100M / 8 fights) in 2-3 fights.

When Conor McGregor fights, Dana & the UFC

get paid more than Conor McGregor.

That's a problem. Free MMA.

Old man Arum telling it like it is

IDK if Bob has the correct revenue split that the UFC wants but there is no denying the UFC's predatory contracts and unfair revenue split they run their business on.

If Conor was a boxer, he'd make his entire

UFC contract ($100M / 8 fights) in 2-3 fights.

When Conor McGregor fights, Dana & the UFC

get paid more than Conor McGregor.

That's a problem. Free MMA.

I'd be surprised if all they want is 50% of Conor's purse, I'd expect them to want a lot more, probably 50% of net revenue for the entire event

50 percent? Are ufc gonna do 50 percent of the work? No. Ufc should get a cut sure, but 50 percent? Jesus. Thats a goat fucking. 20 to 25 percent is more than fair. Just Greed i guess.

It's greed, but it's not "just" greed. I think they're likely concerned that this could be Conor's last fight. It's a legit concern. If Conor cashes out now he doesn't take just his own potential profitability with him, but he leaves them with two paper champions, undermining their potential profitability as well.

It's understandable that the UFC would want to hedge their bets a little, considering that they really don't have to let him fight Floyd at all if they don't want to. If the fight doesn't pan out, Conor's forced to come back and fight for the UFC if he wants to earn. Since that's their ideal end game, of course they're going to want a windfall in exchange for giving it up.

50 percent? Are ufc gonna do 50 percent of the work? No. Ufc should get a cut sure, but 50 percent? Jesus. Thats a goat fucking. 20 to 25 percent is more than fair. Just Greed i guess.

If the UFC never signed McGregor he wouldn't have had the platform to build himself, and wouldn't be getting the fight.

Arum looks like he has aged by 10 years since the last time I saw him.

Considering that if it weren't for the UFC he'd not get paid a dime because the fight would never happen, they deserve a bunch. Then lets consider how much the UFC has spent building his name and the fact that it's about to become even more of a joke when PBF makes a mockery of his 'skills', they're right to want a pile of money. As far a building up McTapper as a name that warrants the money the boxing match will bring him, I'd say UFC has done MORE than half the work.

I didn't need good ole Bob Arum to tell me this. Conor Mcgregor won't get his 75-100+ million asking tag if the UFC is involved.

Honestly I'm usually for supporting the rights of a company to try and protect its branding, but to stipulate a clause where you can't do anything outside of the UFC without their permission is straight up slavery. Just to save you time, yes I know, the fighter signed the contract.

The UFC shouldn't legally be allowed to hold this much control over a fighter. I would completely understand if Conor decided to fight in another MMA organization or if Conor took up an extra activity when he has a fight signed and it could jeopardize everything on the line. He's not.

And therein lies the difference between being a Boss (Mayweather) and a employee under contract (McGregor)

Back