UFC vs other sports best ever viewing figures

wilKO

Green, White & Gold belt
@Steel
Reaction score
We are 2 years away from UFC being neck and neck with soccer according to the Profit Dana White.
<{danawhoah}>
Let's compare it to other big sports.

The Superbowl:
845805006.jpg.0.jpg

America's favourite sport after WWE. The highest ever viewing figures for the Superbowl was Superbowl XLIX. I have no idea what all those letters mean but im assuming it was the Patriots against someone. That Superbowl was watched by 114 million people.

The World Cup:
TELEMMGLPICT000169509382-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpeg

Slightly bigger than UFC. The World Cup was watched by 3.4 billion people. The final is watched by over 1 billion people. Expect WME to put an offer in for football for $4.3 billion any day now.

UFC:
images

The most viewed UFC ever was a modern day David vs Goliath; Conor McGregor took on Nayt Diaz who was tree times his size and was victorious. It was watched on PPV by 1.7 billion. Sorry million. It was probably streamed illegally millions of times too.
<{danayeah}>

Almost half the World watched the World Cup. Would you guess more or less than half the world watched Conor beat the giant? And how long until half of the planet tune in to see a UFC event?

Dana's brain is on a train to Boston going 80 mph. How long until Ariel starts crying?

the only explanation for that stupid statement from Dana is that UFC would become bigger than soccer specifically in the US, where soccer isn't very popular in comparison to the rest of the world..

3.4 billion people watched The World Cup? holy shit

The UFC drew 55K fans in Toronto, I don't see that happening again anywhere.

Dana White is a horrible fucking business man.

Dude is forcing the public to accept WMMA, just because Ronda had sex with em....So now he feels he can have another Ronda.

The French team better give Franck Ribéry a piece of that WC title
200.gif

Slightly off topic, but in no way is WWE bigger than the NFL in the US. Not even close.

Conor is more popular than the World Cup

Soccer is a global sport, the ufc is not even top 3 in the US when it comes to fans and popularity.
To put it in prospective.
Highest ufc 1.7 million
Last superbowl 130 millions
The past world cup final 300k millions.
and that is just for the final I'm not counting the entire world cup 3.5 billion views

That superbowl picture is creepy as fuck.

Those numbers for soccer are staggering to me, especially since I haven't watched a whole soccer game not once in my life. I thought the Superbowl was the biggest event in the world, I had no idea. lol

the only explanation for that stupid statement from Dana is that UFC would become bigger than soccer specifically in the US, where soccer isn't very popular in comparison to the rest of the world..
US soccer still smashes UFC

Minnesota is erecting a major stadium project and soccer isn’t even huge in MN

That's a surprise to me, I don't know anyone who watches the MLS. Most people in America don't watch soccer, let alone really shitty soccer.

Does it have anything to do with the World Cup coming to USA/Canada/Mexico or did they already have it planned before all that?

Back