UFC to sponsor LGBTQ Pride March in New York

Homosexuality is not a pathology, or a congenital defect. That’s not the point however.

Whether homosexual inclination is a pathology or a disorder of some sort remains an open debate. Its open because we don’t know its causes and end. We don’t know if it’s a deviation or a variation, and such a debate will likely get trodded down with greater world views (e.g., teleological vs. Mechanical perspectives of the human body and person).

It’s no longer considered a psychological disorder (a decision originally made for political reasons - see the link below), but that does not end the discussion of whether it is a pathology or disorder of any sort.

You may think it’s “icky” against your religion, unnatural, gross whatever. Well...there are things some straight people do sexually I find disgusting, but I don’t think it should be illegal.My personal feelings about sex and sexuality have zero place in anyone’s life except my own.

For your opponents, the basis of making it illegal wouldn’t rest upon the thought of it being “unnatural”, but that it is, in fact, unnatural and contrary to the common good.
This is not about personal feelings.

If it’s consenting adults, it’s none of my business. If I don’t want to see a parade that celebrates something I find immoral ( don’t even get me started on biker gang toy runs for kids ...) I just avoid the area that day and let other people enjoy things. I’d probably avoid open dub step concerts too. ( I kind of wish that was illegal).

For a critique of your reliance on consent, see this article:
http://timhsiao.org/NLT.pdf

Whether homosexual inclination is a pathology or a disorder of some sort remains an open debate. Its open because we don’t know its causes and end. We don’t know if it’s a deviation or a variation, and such a debate will likely get trodded down with greater world views (e.g., teleological vs. Mechanical perspectives of the human body and person).

It’s no longer considered a psychological disorder (a decision originally made for political reasons - see the link below), but that does not end the discussion of whether it is a pathology or disorder of any sort.

For your opponents, the basis of making it illegal wouldn’t rest upon the thought of it being “unnatural”, but that it is, in fact, unnatural and contrary to the common good.

I think people get caught up in wanting “normal” which is subjective depending on where you live in regards to many things. Again, just because it’s not the “norm” and people think it’s icky doesn’t mean it should be illegal. Don’t like it, dont participate. Gay people aren’t asking straight people to be gay. If a gay couple living next door is a treat to your marriage, or you’re afraid your kids will “catch the gay” then you’re 1. In a really bad marriage and 2. Don’t know anything about homosexuality

Dcyc23fVQAEHCMC.jpg

The UFC will make a major splash in the LGBTQ community this weekend.

It was announced Thursday that the world’s leading MMA promotion will sponsor Outsports Pride on Sunday and is the presenting sponsor of the Outsports NYC Pride March contingent. Outsports is part of the SBNation network, covering LGBTQ athletes, and a sister site of MMAFighting.

Three UFC fighters will join Outsports for the March — Tecia Torres, Nina Ansaroff and Sijara Eubanks, who are all openly LGBTQ. Ansaroff is currently dating UFC women’s bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes, while Torres’ fiancee, Raquel Pennington, is also a top contender in the UFC.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/...orts-lgbtq-pride-march-contingent-in-new-york
I have no problem with it, and in order for the women's side of this sport to have a future, the UFC doesn't, either.

I don't like the "Q". I didn't like the "T" when they added it, either, and that certainly hasn't worked out, well.

That is an opinion paper based on the authors biased ideals of morality. No big more.

I think people get caught up in wanting “normal” which is subjective depending on where you live in regards to many things. Again, just because it’s not the “norm” and people think it’s icky doesn’t mean it should be illegal. Don’t like it, dont participate. Gay people aren’t asking straight people to be gay. If a gay couple living next door is a treat to your marriage, or you’re afraid your kids will “catch the gay” then you’re 1. In a really bad marriage and 2. Don’t know anything about homosexuality

Normality is not subjective. Club foot is objectively abnormal and unnatural. There’s nothing subjective about that.

I've never understood why these are still around. Those Pride marches make gay people look bad. It's like an adult video awards festival atmosphere and attire. The worst kind of people show up and make spectacles of themselves.
Watch the AVNs. Way more subdued than pride.

Normality is not subjective. Club foot is objectively abnormal and unnatural. There’s nothing subjective about that.
Well who gets to define natural and normal.? If you want to live naturally You wouldn’t be flying in planes, yet this is a pretty normal activity. Homosexual activity is actually pretty normal in many ways. Most men, even if they don’t identify as “homosexual” have participated in a homosexual act at least once in their lives. Consentually. Most wont admit it. They’re afraid the act makes them homosexual as opposed to the actual continued sexual attraction to men exclusive of the opposite gender. So although homosexuality is not the majority having participated in a homosexual is. So maybee the people in the minority who’ve never participated in homosexual activity should just try it once. After all..it’s normal.

Well who gets to define natural and normal.?
First ask what is natural and normal.

If you want to live naturally You wouldn’t be flying in planes, yet this is a pretty normal activity.

No, that’s wrong. That’s not what’s being conveyed when we talk about unnatural behaviour, use or inclination. To get a better sense of what is meant, read Feser’s paper on the perverted faculty argument, referenced here for your reading pleasure .

Homosexual activity is actually pretty normal in many ways. Most men, even if they don’t identify as “homosexual” have participated in a homosexual act at least once in their lives. Consentually. Most wont admit it.

Here you’re conflating statistical normalcy and natural normalcy. Don’t do that. It’s wrong.

In addition, I’d like to see your stats on that claim. I’m curious how you can have reliable stats when you also state that that most men won’t admit it. How can you know that most men have done it if most men will not admit to it?

It all started with that Jon Jones fellow. Homophobes, you now know where to send your hate mail to.
jon_jones_drag-610x6102.jpg

Back