UFC To leave BT Sport in the UK - moves to new IMG owned Channel

Meltzer said Lorenzo was by far the smartest promoter he ever met
He said Vince & Dana are smart, but Lorenzo was in another league

But you are counting WME short.
They are making more money than Fertittas ever did.

Doesn't mean wme are smarter though they have got in at good timing. Conor vs Floyd was like winning the lottery.

http://elevensports.com/

If you sign up here:

http://elevensports.com/territories/uk-ireland/register/

You get the latest info and promotions and discounts, its free for now to sign up.

Also an FAQ here; but I noticed they mentioned they may offer it to sky/btsports also....
http://elevensports.com/territories/uk-ireland/uk-ireland-faqs/

WHERE CAN I WATCH ELEVEN SPORTS? / WHAT DEVICES WILL ELEVEN SPORTS BE AVAILABLE ON?
Once we have launched our streaming platform in August, you will be able to watch ELEVEN SPORTS on:

• Our website via ELEVEN’s streaming platform
  • Our iOS mobile & tablet apps (available from the Apple Store)
  • Our Android mobile & tablet apps (available from the Google Play Store)
We are working hard to ensure distribution everywhere and that means that we are also in discussions with all major platforms (including Sky, BT & Virgin) in the UK and Ireland to offer you the widest possible access to our content. To find out if ELEVEN is carried or to request ELEVEN SPORTS on your platform, let their customer service know via social media or via the appropriate feedback channels. They are always responsive to customer demand and take note of requests.

I used to too when I just had my son but it doesn’t quite wash with the mrs whilst I sleep all day and let her look after 3 kids every weekend.

I know what you’re saying. It is a struggle to watch it properly Sunday daytime I usually have to keep pausing it and it takes me hours.

The very rare occasion there is a huge card I sometimes will stay up but that is a rarity

Haha that's a fair point, he's pretty angelic when he's by himself but if you put another 2 of him in the same room I could see things escalating quickly!

Meltzer said Lorenzo was by far the smartest promoter he ever met
He said Vince & Dana are smart, but Lorenzo was in another league

But you are counting WME short.
They are making more money than Fertittas ever did.

100%. But my fear is that they are going to preclude the next generation of fans from ever developing through these pay walls, niche streaming services, and excessive pricing. This proposed deal is so far removed from how U.K. fans consume the sport that I am willing to bet the guys in the UFC Europe Office in London currently have their heads in their hands and have downed a bottle of whiskey. Trust me: this is fucking terrible!

Pretty sure when Dana said it would be bigger than soccer ( football )… He meant NFL in the UK...
NFL sells out stadiums in the UK with mediocre teams playing.....Dana can only dream of being as big as the NFL in the UK.

The full details of the deal are vague at this time, but it’s believed that some of the events that will broadcast on the network will be made available to other channels on a licensing deal e.g. via Sky Sports Box Office or BT Sport Box Office.

The deal will see an end to the UFC’s five and a half year relationship with BT Sport.

Eleven Sports currently provide TV and/or digital services in Belgium, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Taiwan, United States and starting next month, the UK and Ireland.

The company recently announced the launch of two new channels for the UK and Ireland, Eleven Sports 1 and Eleven Sports 2, which will launch in August via an online streaming platform.

Our sources have told that by the time the deal is in place, Eleven Sports expect to be available via a newly launched television channel.

As a note

+ IMG now have shares in Eleven Sports in teh UK and are financially committed to the two new channels.

+ Theyve already secured amongst other things full Serie A exclusivity in the UK from BT and stolen Spanish La Liga football from Sky

+ In other regions like Belgium they already have the UFC rights as well as Cage Warriors and other MMA and Combat organisations

+ In Singapore the monthly sub is about £15 gbp

Their head is former BT TV boss Marc Watson

Ostensibly this looks a downgrade and will cost us more money.

I dont even care as I never watched the cards live anyway.

Now I can get rid of BT sports and I'll just find the fights online the next day.

BT shit the bed a bit by making their online app tied to BT broadband. I'd never get BT broadband where I live now as it's more expensive than virgin media for a service that's not even half as good. I would have paid £6.99 a month for the app though as I dropped virgin TV a few months ago because it was costing me an extra £30 a month and I only used it to watch UFC events.

Suits me as I’m moving away from BT broadband due to their ridiculous price rises and they want £35 a month for it on sky. I also enjoy la Liga so it’s win win.

Ostensibly this looks a downgrade and will cost us more money.

I have a good job and plenty of spare cash. I’m a hardcore fan. But I have reached the point where I’m not prepared to give more money to sports channels - especially some minor one - that are poor value for money. Fuck it.

I have a good job and plenty of spare cash. I’m a hardcore fan. But I have reached the point where I’m not prepared to give more money to sports channels - especially some minor one - that are poor value for money. Fuck it.

I've always stayed up on Saturdays/sundays for fights, started off way back with boxing. From Bruno Naz and Lewis in the 90's till right up till now with UFC. I'll wait and see what the actual final product is like but it does look to be in a direction of costing more. If I don't watch it live i'm unlikely to watch it and i'm unlikely to watch it live if the cost increases.

Well goodbye UFC it was fun. But you can get fucked once you leave BT Sport. You think I or anyone else who is ok to pay for BT Sports because it also has other big sports like football are going to pay for some shitshow channel for you? Goodbye. I will be streaming UFC come 2019. LMAO at neck and neck with soccer.

BT Sport is one of the biggest cable networks in the UK its literally in millions of homes, EPIC fail move by the UFC if true. so many people are just going stream it illegally now, they will also lose money from adverts as viewers are going to drop massivley since tonnes of casual fans tune into UFC just because its on BT sport and they only have BT sport for soccor which is huge in the UK, The casuals won't be paying extra to watch UFC somewhere else many of them will simply stop watching.

Well goodbye UFC it was fun. But you can get fucked once you leave BT Sport. You think I or anyone else who is ok to pay for BT Sports because it also has other big sports like football are going to pay for some shitshow channel for you? Goodbye. I will be streaming UFC come 2019. LMAO at neck and neck with soccer.

<mma4>

Bt sports have usurped sky in their broadcasting of football especially with their champions league and europa league exclusivity. I was always surprised that they didnt use the football on a saturday to push the advertising of the ufc..like when theres a big card that would likely be entertaining and attract more people to the sport. The ufc being an all round season is the reason i dont cancel and restart my subscription in between the other sports seasons, as many many people do with the football. I think this will affect the growth of the popularity of the sport in the uk, aside from natural growth. I know for myself, i got bt sport for the football and discovered the ufc one night and now i follow it. Bear in mind also that the bt sport subscription is set to go up again on september, so it may leave many unable or unwilling to have to pay for a separate channel for the ufc.

But then

How is that not PPV? Pay Per View means you...pay...per...view.

I take from that, that unlike the us , if you have a subscription to the channel, you will get those events included, but that they will also be offered as ppv for those without the subscription who only want to watch those events. Sky tried something similar wi the premier league a few years ago but it didnt last too long, so i assume it was a flop. That was primetime in the uk as well.

Bt sports have usurped sky in their broadcasting of football especially with their champions league and europa league exclusivity. I was always surprised that they didnt use the football on a saturday to push the advertising of the ufc..like when theres a big card that would likely be entertaining and attract more people to the sport. The ufc being an all round season is the reason i dont cancel and restart my subscription in between the other sports seasons, as many many people do with the football. I think this will affect the growth of the popularity of the sport in the uk, aside from natural growth. I know for myself, i got bt sport for the football and discovered the ufc one night and now i follow it. Bear in mind also that the bt sport subscription is set to go up again on september, so it may leave many unable or unwilling to have to pay for a separate channel for the ufc.

Sky don’t care about champions and europa league as it doesn’t bring on enough viewers for the outlay hence they let BT massively overpay for the rights. It’s all about the premier league and for that sky pisses all over BT.

Back