UFC To leave BT Sport in the UK - moves to new IMG owned Channel

I currently subscribe to BT for UFC. Footie is a bonus. I subscribe to Sky Sports because you get boxing and footie, fuck it why not. But that is more than £50 per month for those, plus whatever the basic Sky package is. If UFC disappears onto some inconvenient or inaccessible channel that is a pain to access, not only am I not paying for it, but I'll cancel BT and Sky altogether as well.

The line is fucking drawn.

Netflix, Amazon Prime, Fight Pass and the occasional DVD purchase will do me just fine.

My prediction is in 5 years we will see a lot of the OTT services combining & more competitive pricing.
There is no way for them all to survive with small pieces of the pie

Maybe, maybe not. But if WME actually gave a shit about the fans who have kept this sport alive in the UK there would have been an official announcement with full details. The silence is deafening.

That is not reality
Fans are fickle
if any company can make 2x by doing something they will.

I say it daily.
UFC is not just an MMA promotion, but a content distributor & people are paying a lot of content

BT shit the bed a bit by making their online app tied to BT broadband. I'd never get BT broadband where I live now as it's more expensive than virgin media for a service that's not even half as good. I would have paid £6.99 a month for the app though as I dropped virgin TV a few months ago because it was costing me an extra £30 a month and I only used it to watch UFC events.

I don’t have the luxury of sitting up all night virtually every weekend. I’ve got 3 kids and two of them are little and wake up very early. I used to do it but the cards are mostly not worth it anymore when I can just wake up Sunday morning and watch them just a few hours later than they finish live. I ain’t got time for being tired and feeling shit all Sunday when there’s a card on virtually every week

I'm in the same boat (only 1 kid) but I went the opposite way and generally stay up because you can't watch it the next day. Everyone is up and needs you to do shit. Sunday 1-6 is my quietest time of the week, only time I can watch uninterrupted.

Plus if it was a big card my missus has no issue getting up with my boy.

end of the day, the time zone difference is the main barrier to growing mma in any meaningful way. the shifty shows they put on in Europe are way more of a hindrance too.

it you can sub to 11 without a sky sub, this could work out better in the long run.

Death warrant for the UFC in the UK

They think people are going to really pay PPV to watch some of these cards.....LOL

I get pissed even now staying up to watch cards that are complete shit, and i dont even have to pay for them

Pretty much, not sure I'll bother to carry on watching unless its very cheap.

And what else do we get? The Dutch league, The Chinese league and the FUCKING SWEDISH LEAGUE. Forget it.

Oh, looks like it might come with La Liga and Seri A as well. Already have Seri A through BT Sport but La Liga is a big win. Wait to see the price though

I currently subscribe to BT for UFC. Footie is a bonus. I subscribe to Sky Sports because you get boxing and footie, fuck it why not. But that is more than £50 per month for those, plus whatever the basic Sky package is. If UFC disappears onto some inconvenient or inaccessible channel that is a pain to access, not only am I not paying for it, but I'll cancel BT and Sky altogether as well.

The line is fucking drawn.

Netflix, Amazon Prime, Fight Pass and the occasional DVD purchase will do me just fine.
What's this DVD you speak of....?

No TV licence. Internet based service is the only way I could pay for content.

Being honest, the only way UFC ever gets my money is if they put the cards on fight pass as soon as they end, for 9.99/mo and I would sub.

Fuck this I'm not staying up till stupid o'clock and then having to pay for the privilege. Fuck wme.

I'm in the same boat (only 1 kid) but I went the opposite way and generally stay up because you can't watch it the next day. Everyone is up and needs you to do shit. Sunday 1-6 is my quietest time of the week, only time I can watch uninterrupted.

Plus if it was a big card my missus has no issue getting up with my boy.
I used to too when I just had my son but it doesn’t quite wash with the mrs whilst I sleep all day and let her look after 3 kids every weekend.

I know what you’re saying. It is a struggle to watch it properly Sunday daytime I usually have to keep pausing it and it takes me hours.

The very rare occasion there is a huge card I sometimes will stay up but that is a rarity

Last edited:
Sky & BT are rip off merchants, I have youview & BT broadband and they raise prices every year. Sky & BT have spent billions on the Premier league & Champions League, they have to continue raising prices, you can't just get the cheapest broadband as it ties into your TV prices, unlike Netflix, there are much cheaper broadband deals, if you get them it costs way more for sports and Sky Sports & BT Sports individually are really expensive.

Time to get on Google and learn this torrent thing, I record the fights and watch them in the morning over breakfast, I'm not giving that up for no bastard, I shall watch one way or the other and it shan't cost me a penny more!

WTF? Eleven Sports?

I've lived in the UK for 10 years and I've never heard of it.

I get everything for nothing anyway, but this certainly signals they have given up on UK growth.

well bt is a subscription channel, its only free to some people.

But with your bt subscription you are also getting premier league football, and complete champions league and europa league coverage..

so if you are a football and ufc fan its a pretty good package..

Now we will have the following situation

Sky: Premier League
BT: Premier League, Champions League, Europa Leage and Bundesliga
11: Serie A, La Liga, UFC

so people who want to watch sport are on three subscriptions.. it all adds up
My understanding of BT is that it's pretty common for most folks to have access to it, the way a lot of people get HBO with their cable package in the US.

Regardless, it seems like their potential audience will shrink a lot and people already paying for BT may not want to buy a PPV they used to get for free (with BT subscription)

lol, can you not see what is going on here, wme are taking over. they own eleven sports, thus cutting out a middleman.
Yes but it's not necessarily a good thing if nobody has the channel.

Back