UFC to hold first event in South Dakota on July 13 (FN 91)

Is this a fucking joke?

South Dakota?! Who the fuck wants to go to South Dakota?! These motherfuckers haven't been to NC in SIX YEARS and they're going to South Dakota in the middle of bumfuck no where?

minuscule if true

Last edited:
Is this a fucking joke?

South Dakota?! Who the fuck wants to go to South Dakota?! These motherfuckers haven't been to NC in SIX YEARS and they're going to South Dakota in the middle of bumfuck no where?

i lived in des moines, iowa(metro 700,000+) for a bit and it has a nice arena for an event. the wells fargo arena even hosted the first round of the NCAA tournament this year. its a prime wrestling state as well. yet i dont think theyve gotten an event either.

south dakota is a strange choice tbh.

Guess us boys from California are heading to South Dakota for Sturgis, a few weeks early this year!! Odd choice of location, but great for the area and regional talent regardless.

Is this a fucking joke?

Because 'MURICA and profit

giphy.gif

Is this a fucking joke?

Technically, SD isn't in the middle of bumfuck. It is a bit off to the left of it. About half way in between Brocklesnarville and Patmiletichington. Tickets sold out fast but we got great seats. I'm pumped. :):):)

Last edited:
Actually quite a bit of MMA in that area, I went to work corners for a week long event there during Sturgis but downtown they have a bar called The Bare Knuckle Salloon where they have unsanctioned fights in a sand pit where the crowd throws money at you, crazy shit anybody can sign up LoL.

Actually quite a bit of MMA in that area, I went to work corners for a week long event there during Sturgis but downtown they have a bar called The Bare Knuckle Salloon where they have unsanctioned fights in a sand pit where the crowd throws money at you, crazy shit anybody can sign up LoL.

Aha, you mean this Knuckle :( It was a crazy place. RIP.

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

55f1ebcfd756f.image.jpg

55ef1ec988630.image.jpg

I used to live nearby but generally GTFO of town when the rally was going on.

Last edited:
Brock is set to headline it

Holy Shit!! It burned down?? It was almost 8-9 yrs ago when I was there haha

Ya last year, no more thunderdome shit going on any more :( That was a different fight scene lol. I don't think the new breed of skinny jean wearing mma fans would have lasted too long partying there lol :)

IMG_7025.jpg

UFC needs to come back to Seattle or at least Oregon, they need to stay the fuck away from Idaho though.

Ya last year, no more thunderdome shit going on any more :( That was a different fight scene lol. I don't think the new breed of skinny jean wearing mma fans would have lasted too long partying there lol :)

IMG_7025.jpg
Hey Im old school as fuck when it comes to MMA, my coach fought when there were no weight classes they drew straws for opponents and made up rules as they go.

Stay away during Sturgis, its fucking madness

If everyone in the state goes to the event....The live gate will still be under 6,000.

If everyone in the state goes to the event....The live gate will still be under 6,000.

Na, you're thinking of Wyoming :) The SF metro area is about a quarter million people and the venue can hold about 12,000. Plus it is close enough to Minneapolis and Omaha to bring in people. Tickets sold out quick.

Last edited:
Back