UFC to decrease UFC events to 30 - Are you happy with this?

Are you happy the UFC plan to reduce the number or yearly UFC events from 42 to 30?

• Total voters
I can't watch all 40+ events, so it's better to me.
Also, UFC should be the pinnacle of MMA career for a fighters, nowadays there is a lot of average guys.
Quality over quantity, around 26 events per year (every 2 weeks) would be ok.

i think 1 thing that needs to happen is stop having main cards start at 10 pm on the east coast. For real, i dont enjoy watching a card till 12 or later, and also a main event DOES NOT need to be 4 fuckin hours long. Its so drawn out.

Fuck no I'm not happy. I like having a card on once a week. The so called non stacked cards are sometimes the best, because it's filled with up and comers trying to make a name for themselves, vs guys fighting safe to try and hold their position in the top ten.

On the other hand it will free up some Saturday nights for me , so it's not all bad.

less cards doesn't= more stacked
their roster consist of a lot of fighters
the lesser names will always get their spot

This sucks.The reason MOST people think cards are watered down and shit is because they themselves know little or nothing about half the prelims.Sure there are some cards that aren't great but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy them.If you'd cut an hour or two on forums and take that time to watch footage or learn about the guys you don't know the probability of you being more interested in the fights/fighters you previously didn't know is much much higher.Basically what i'm saying is a lot of people aren't interested because they don't know anything about the fighters but spend hours and hours on forums complaining about how terrible cards are instead of informing themselves about the fighters they are complaining about.For all the people that say "I don't have time for that" but spend hours and hours on forums please just stfu.

I pretty much love every card,I look forward to every card and am usually content with it when it's all said and done.Also,a lot of events that aren't great on paper end up great and vise versa,so why bitch and moan if you don't even know how it'll go down.So many entitled mma fans thinking every card should be over the top amazing doing themselves a disservice always being let down need to wake the fuck up and appreciate shit or if you really aren't that into a card then don't watch.Idiots think cutting the roster down is going to make better cards?Maybe a tad,but meanwhile they are cutting guys like the Barncat,Sarah Kaufman,letting great fighters walk cause they don't want to match the contract etc. and loading the roster with unknown "undefeated" fighters that have never fought outside of their country and TUF leftovers.It isn't gonna change anything or very little meanwhile more good fighters get cut.

I got UFC 1 on PPV,snatched up any mma I could back then on vhs etc. and have never gotten bored of mma.Unfortunately this post is too long for the majority of the members it's intended for,oh well.
This is a fantastic post.

i think 1 thing that needs to happen is stop having main cards start at 10 pm on the east coast. For real, i dont enjoy watching a card till 12 or later, and also a main event DOES NOT need to be 4 fuckin hours long. Its so drawn out.
YES

I honestly don't know why this isn't getting updated with a source, if there is one.

Otherwise this is a rumor post.

It also gives me a chance to take care of other things. I cant miss an event so its hard to do the crap i need to. Help out my mma addiction

To me it doesn't really matter as I was the fight the morning after on my laptop so quite happily skip fights I don't care for.

I'd like fewer cards and maybe a developmental league to lock up prospects.

More fights is always better.

Not at all. A bunch of nameless nobodies fighting each other with ufc slapped on the mat is meaningless. I'd rather watch name guys fight while using some of those name guys to build new talent (when they fight an unknown and get beat by them). Less events is better IF the events are more stacked. But since most of the cards aren't stacked now it can't get much worse. I miss tons of events all the time and have for years because there is nothing about them I care to watch.

my choice would be to have none of the UFC Fight night cards anymore.

For me I would take the extra fights, but I can see the side for more stacked cards.

Wth happened with my voting?

I voted no it counted Yes

Any mod on?

It took me a long time to learn to enjoy having so many events/weight classes/fights. Now I'm used to it and this will be annoying.

That's still just under 3 cards a month.

Fine with 30 so long as they don't keep doing those occasional 2 cards in 1 day, such as the cards in Belfast/Brazil coming up next month

Not at all. A bunch of nameless nobodies fighting each other with ufc slapped on the mat is meaningless. I'd rather watch name guys fight while using some of those name guys to build new talent (when they fight an unknown and get beat by them). Less events is better IF the events are more stacked. But since most of the cards aren't stacked now it can't get much worse. I miss tons of events all the time and have for years because there is nothing about them I care to watch.
Sometimes the no names put on the best fights. I go to local shows all the time. Just love mma. So i will always go with more fights.

I hear where you're coming from, but feel like the issue is there are good fights that are main/co-main events for those "watered down" cards that people would probably be interested in seeing, but not enough to sit through the other fights that are less interesting and would be better suited as one of the first 3 fights of a PPV or the featured prelim fight.

I also don't think there NEEDS to be a lot of events to be a main stream sport. The most popular sport in the US is the one with the least amount and more meaningful games. I think there's something to having every event actually be an event, instead of having a lot of "ehhh, watch it if you want" cards.
Is Football the most popular sport? I'm not from the USA but aren't there a shit load of games every weekend?

Back