ufc super bowl

CrocodileJoe

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I know this won't happen but, the Superbowl is on fox this year. Wouldn't it be awesome if they held a ufc fight instead of/ in addition to a music act? Imagine if Stipe Miocic vs Ngannou was at half-time! it would make the winner the biggest name in MMA and would expose the ufc to people who would never usually see it. I know tv deal is ending and people love pop music at halftime, but it's a cool idea

It's an awesome idea, but it would probably cost a few billion dollars. Still, it's nice to dream about it. I'd put on a violent superfight, like Condit/Gaethje or something.

It would be awesome indeed, but MMA is still far from mainstream, so they would be afraid to alienate a big part of the audience.

This would generate more drama than boobgate.

Cyborg vs a random strawweight would be sick

Superbowl is not on Fox this year. it was last year

or it was this year but is not next year. the one coming up is not on fox.

Werdum-Overeem 4!

2 legit heavyweights, an impressive finish can yield a title shot. Except it might be 15 minutes of butt-scoot and air jabs. Sorry to be a naysayer, but simce MMA is unscripted, it’s a huge gamble putting on an actual fight - just look at JDS-Cain 1.

If they can get the UFC on during the Superbowl maybe Dana will be right and it can be as big as real football and the FIFA World Cup, lol.

It'd be awesome to see a UFC world champion crowned and then see the new World Champions of the NATIONAL Football League when the whole world is watching (if the whole world includes just the US and Canada and you can be World Champion by winning a national league that doesn't allow teams from anywhere else to enter).

It'd get more global exposure if they could get one on at half time in a Man Utd vs Liverpool normal Premier League match though or if they're feeling a bit more ambitious they could try for half time during the UEFA Champions League.

<{jackyeah}>

I like the way you think TS. Would actually make that boring ass super bowl shit worth watching

McGregor VS Ferguson on Superbowl!

NFL would eat McGregor alive at the negation table.

Superbowl is not on Fox this year. it was last year

or it was this year but is not next year. the one coming up is not on fox.
you're right about this, I googled what network is the superbowl on this year, not in 2018. oh well, it's not like it would have happened anyway

Back