News UFC strips DC of LHW belt

He wasn't coming back to 205 anyway. It's all good for him tho as long as he wins Saturday. Fighter of the year would probably be on lock. 3-0, defending the 205 belt, then winning & defending the 265 belt.
Hadn't even thought about that perspective. I guess it's almost year end so we gotta start thinking about awards lol. If DC is successful Nov. 3 then he should win fighter of the year in a landslide - 3 title fight victories in a year, in 2 different weight classes? I assume that's never been done before. I can't even think of who would be second, maybe Khabib?

Being "Champ champ" is a fcking joke

It's a cool achievement for an individual, but all it really does for everyone else is put divisions in limbo, because no double champ ends up fighting more frequently to actively defend both belts.

You have to defend the belt. If you get two belts and then defend each of them once a year, that is not good for the sport. If DC fought 6 times a year, defending each belt three times, I could see being upset with him being stripped of the belt.

Jarl

Dude Conor get stripped of his 145 LB title like a month after winning the 155 LB title.

And in between time held the 145 division hostage, by going nearly a year as champ with zero defenses, and having two non-title fights at 170 instead.

Who cares. He couldn't make 205 again anyway.

Fatty.

But then isn't he a 205 champ that moved up to HW ? I have this theory where if you don't defend back your lower weight class belt you just basically moved up while holding up your other division.

Good. If he beats Lewis, he would have fought Brock Lesnar next and that would have put the LHW division on hold for a whole year 1/2. Plus you just had to know they weren't gonna book Jones/Gus for no Interim Title. DC shouldn't be surprised.

What a joke, but its the UFC so are we really shocked...I hope he pills out of 230 just to fuck them.

What's the point of allowing guys to be two weight champs, if they aren't given a chance to defend their belts?

I agree but you shouldn’t be stripped for 2 guys that don’t fight. Gus will be out 19 months before he fights and jones will be out 17 months

Had DC defended the 205 strap before that fight, i would agree

DC defended the LHW belt 9 months ago, Conor held on to the FW belt for 2 years without a single defense
If it was Conor no way wouod they have done this. Conor went over 1 year not even attempting to defend before he was stripped. DC just fought and defended the lhw belt in january.

It was 11 months, stop making shit up guys. This is nearly exactly the same amount of time.

And in between time held the 145 division hostage, by going nearly a year as champ with zero defenses, and having two non-title fights at 170 instead.

So like DC?

So like DC?

Similar, yeah. Not as bad though considering probably the next three truly worthy contenders at LHW (Jones, Gus, Rumble) have all been inactive for an extended period at the same time. If anything, it's allowed some new faces to emerge in that weight class. I'd prefer a more active champion, but at least DC has defended the LHW title after winning it/being awarded it.

Personally, I'd be happy with Jones/Gus being a #1 contender fight, with the winner fighting DC for the LHW title in April, but that holds up a lot of things, so I can understand why the UFC have decided to strip DC.

Last edited:
Strip him the week of his upcoming fight rather than promoting the belts throughout. UFC in 2018.

So much for the champ champ marketing going into Saturday's fight... Guess UFC wanted to strip him before he got too much traction as a defending double champion.

So dumb... He defended 205 8 months since Gus' last fight,17 months since Jones tested positive. lol

So, BB knocks him out and he's got nothing. No belts, no Brock. Kind of a shitty deal. At least they're paying him well for it, apparently.

It's a cool achievement for an individual, but all it really does for everyone else is put divisions in limbo, because no double champ ends up fighting more frequently to actively defend both belts.
If that's the case just don't put the belt on the line and just bill it as a superfight

It's retarded to win the belt and get stripped... shits becoming a joke now

Back