UFC statement on Glibert Burns

Well, good to see UFC curb the problem instead of letting the fighter kill themselves trying to make weight when they have no business doing so. Sucks we had to lose this fight though, first Aubin Mercier fight I've ever been excited for. Lol

Couple Off Quick Items

Good on the part of UFC for actually willing to protect Gilbert
Burns from himself since 31 lbs in 24 hours is not a safe weight
weight cut in any fashion.

Bad deal for the fans since getting a fight scratched 2 days out
do to weight issues is not a good thing because tickets are already
expensive enough.

He makes $18k to show. I think the UFC will at least give him that.

edit: it also depends on whether he accepts or refuses a replacement opponent. Remember that the UFC is under no legal obligation to pay him. They do it because it's a show of good faith and is ultimately good for business. In this case, it's quite late in the game, so I don't know how much the UFC will be looking for a replacement. They might just let the fight die and pay the $18k
This. I've also noticed that if you're high on the payscale they're quick to offer you a replacement fight so they can have that "out" of, "Well we offered you a replacement but you chose not to accept."

So he had to cut 30 pounds in 2 days. Wtf was he thinking? Admitting he would have managed to do it and weigh in at 156lbs, he would have looked terrible in the cage.

Gassed after the walkout.

So he had to cut 30 pounds in 2 days. Wtf was he thinking? Admitting he would have managed to do it and weigh in at 156lbs, he would have looked terrible in the cage.

Gassed after the walkout.
Darren Till brags about being able to cut 30 lbs and says it shouldn't be legal for him to fight Welterweights.

Back