UFC signs Olympic Bronze Medalist, HW Bilyal Makhov

Thats a great signing, like whta Bellator did with Pico. Signing him to keep him from signing with someone else.

Sergei in the UFC?? THat will the day

He's still relevant and the UFC badly need some depth. Too bad they're so anal about exclusivity, but he's said for years that he'd consider it if they made him a good offer so the ball's kinda in their court.

I can't believe how reluctant they are in general, they have the absolute best HW's but they're missing a third of the top 20, which is not at all impressive for the top org in the well. WW and FW also have a ton of talent they could sign. Meanwhile, they sign whatever cheap talent they can get from the US and Brazil. Their signing policy resembles the way I play Football Manager. It's efficient, but not very fan-friendly.

Yea the HW champ is Werdum.

Any word on when Makhov will make his debut.

niiice

he will probably run over the hw division and become champ

well if he can take shots and has the desire to compete, i can see that happening, specially if cain becomes injured forever so the hw champion will probably be someone like werdum post cain jds, hunt or someone like that

He looks like a great prospect at HW. He's 6 foot 5 and will probably cut weight (which is rare at HW, at least for people who aren't Brock, Bigfoot, or just fat), a world class wrestler, pretty young at 27, and comes from Dagestan, an area with quite a lot of recent MMA success.

Look at how brock did with just a wrestling background and one fight, this guy is a better wrestling too I assume.

Im sure I already said that but I truly hope he learns gnp and subs. Wrestler with sub games are amazing, without are awful.

Cant wait to see him get outwrestled by a middle of the pack HW with highschool wrestling

Hopefully he'll be a good addition to a division that BADLY needs new blood.

Let's hope he trains for ~1 year on his striking and on the transition to MMA grappling and see what he can do.

Sounds like the UFC is going to need to bring in some scrubs for this guy to fight until he gets enough experience. He's pretty young for HW, 27, so he has time to grow. Too bad he doesn't have a Sambo background as well.

Can he take a punch to the face?

Can he handle leg kicks?

Does he know how to box?

MMA is not wrestling.

Lets see what happens.

Its good they are now going after the HW's in Europe and Russia, lots of talent over there.

Grab Blagoi Ivanov too, he is ready for the UFC .

Back